bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Jul 2009, 12:01   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
id reveal new Rage details

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...rage-details/1

id Software has revealed a tonne of new info about it's next game, Rage.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 12:08   #2
Tyrmot
Supermodder

Tyrmot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The fact that consoles are now the biggest part of the gaming market is something PC gamers are just going to have to accept isn't it. As in any business the market dictates the way it operates. Addition or RPG elements is always good though!
Tyrmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 12:20   #3
harveypooka
Fond of rumpots and crackpots

harveypooka has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wingstick? Will there also be a small, dog child to throw it for you?
harveypooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 12:28   #4
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
i hope its true RPG and not stalker like rpg
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 12:33   #5
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyb
i hope its true RPG and not stalker like rpg
Really? You think id could do true RPG? N'ah, I'd rather a damn good id shooter/driver with some sensible, if not true RPG elements.

Whilst we're just going to have to admit Consoles are bigger than PCs nowadays, at least I have faith id aren't silly enough to damage the PC version of the game as a result.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 12:43   #6
Joeymac
Multimodder

Joeymac has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"HEY, YOU GUYS!.... Rocky... road?"
Joeymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 12:51   #7
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrmot
The fact that consoles are now the biggest part of the gaming market is something PC gamers are just going to have to accept isn't it.
i refuse to acknowledge they are better and happily play pc games 5 years old in comparrison to todays console drivel.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 12:53   #8
Evildead666
Supermodder

Evildead666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Waiting for this, ID rarely come out with sh*t, even tho Quake 4 and Doom 3 were too linear for my liking, they were tech demos basically, to sell the engine.
This is also likely to be the case, but i'll still play it
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 13:06   #9
amacieli
Multimodder

amacieli has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
rage? are they ripping off the idea of "28 days later"?
amacieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 14:09   #10
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacieli
rage? are they ripping off the idea of "28 days later"?
Erm.... no. Totally, totally different. And hence forth you fail, unfortunately.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 14:50   #11
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
i refuse to acknowledge they are better and happily play pc games 5 years old in comparrison to todays console drivel.
No one said anything about them being better. No need to be so defensive.

Anyway, I am liking the sounds of this more and more, and with the graphics already looking amazing, I can't wait.
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 15:10   #12
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
what I like about id's style is they have no problem taking the lips off a monster
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 15:49   #13
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Carmack also confirmed that Rage is being primarily designed around gamepads, not keyboards, because "the largest chunk of the market's going to be on consoles."
WTF?!

This just turned from must-buy to won't-buy...
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
I! I! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 16:18   #14
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I don't see what the major issue is with getting a game pad for your pc...they work ok you know! and carmack aint gonna let the pc version feel like a crappy port
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 16:23   #15
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
It's a SHOOTER FFS! How do you want to aim?!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I! I! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 16:33   #16
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by perplekks45 View Post
It's a SHOOTER FFS! How do you want to aim?!
It will still support mouse and keyboard, obviously. It's just that the actual mechanics of the game and interface designs are being dictated by "what can we reasonably expect people to do with a gamepad?" not "People have keyboards, so we can do whatever they want."

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 16:44   #17
Lepermessiah
Banned

Lepermessiah has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Gamepads can limit what a dev can do,especially a game with RPG elements. Sad days for PC gamers.
Lepermessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 16:46   #18
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
mouse and keyboard still destroys gamepads, For all but driving /flight games
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 16:59   #19
Lepermessiah
Banned

Lepermessiah has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sports, Platformers as well, but yeah, generally M/K is vastly superior, why can't ID still make PC the focus and port to console, that way, Pc gets is PC game, consoles still get a console game, face it, console gamers buy almost anything regardless of quality.
Lepermessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 17:14   #20
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I don't hate consoles or controllers [have a PS2 and 360 which I both love to pieces] and I replied to sotu1's post. Controllers work but they're not made for shooters. End of story.
I! I! Cthulhu fhtagn!