bit-tech.net

Old 3rd Apr 2012, 16:47   #3441
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm View Post
ISO was 100 :/

Tis possibly photoshop, since I may have used auto contrast/colour/tone or something like that.
Ah got ya.

Taken a proper look at the high res. I was a tad distracted by the bottom left corner. That flower is really really great. I would crop out a bit of the bottom in that case i.e. the 3 leaves.
Lance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 16:51   #3442
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Well, the original is: (just scaled down to 1280)

So I cropped it to try to make it more rule of thirds friendly, although now you've pointed it out, I'd agree, I should have cropped it different, possible taking the top left section, so the flower is bottom right?
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 17:12   #3443
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Eyes draw to the flower much better now.

Sorry to be captain naggy. Now I just need to go back and do the same with about 100 of my photos so I can upload them here!
Lance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 17:29   #3444
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
So you think it looks better uncropped with the flower in the middle? Some constructive criticism from a friend saying that I should try to avoid that and pay attention to the rule of thirds more. I think I prefer the idea of the flower being off centre, although now you've mentioned it, those leaves are annoying :P

Edit:
And don't worry, criticism is welcome (aslong as it's helpful rather than abusive :P)

Last edited by GeorgeStorm; 3rd Apr 2012 at 17:54.
GeorgeStorm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 17:49   #3445
Cheap Mod Wannabe
Ultramodder

Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiguremini View Post
This is awesome, how did you do it? Is it just panning?
Did a pan. Then some selective sharpening & a tad of photoshop.
Will show you a before/after when I get it off the Card. Still sitting in my CF.

I love panning shots Glad you like it.
I like the Chicken GeorgeStorm. So is this your new camera at work?

Stonedsurd - those tail shots ARE F***G HOT!! So goood!

Liking the spring stuff too.. that little bird is a nice ABOUT TO ACTION shot.
Cheap Mod Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 17:56   #3446
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

Yeah it is, loving it so far
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 19:11   #3447
Threefiguremini
Supermodder

Threefiguremini has yet to learn the way of the DremelThreefiguremini has yet to learn the way of the DremelThreefiguremini has yet to learn the way of the DremelThreefiguremini has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Mod Wannabe View Post
Did a pan. Then some selective sharpening & a tad of photoshop.
Will show you a before/after when I get it off the Card. Still sitting in my CF.
That would be awesome mate! Any panning tips or is it just practice, practice?
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 19:36   #3448
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Tuck arms in, be compact. Swivel at the waist, not the neck. Select a single focus point, make it line up with something on the car that has high contrast (wheel, door shutline, etc - anything for quick focus) and try and keep the focus point lined up with that all the way through the pan.

Lastly, it is not necessary, but very helpful to shoot a burst of shots. So go like a machinegun as you pan with your subject.
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 21:53   #3449
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I've had my camera since Christmas and have enjoyed experimenting with various different subjects. I think I've found that I prefer taking pictures of people rather than wildlife or buildings - I've become that annoying guy who always seems to bring a camera to the party.

I'll avoid doing too much of a photo dump right now, but these are some of my favourites.

Railslide, 180° off (composite) by PGoodhead, on Flickr

Albert Court by PGoodhead, on Flickr

Light by PGoodhead, on Flickr

Joe Stare by PGoodhead, on Flickr

bit-tech on Facebook - Custom PC on Facebook - bit-tech on Twitter

Steam ID: votelarry - BFBC2 ID: M4terial - Feel free to add me
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 21:58   #3450
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice.

KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2012, 14:02   #3451
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

Oops (window could do with a clean) by George.Yoda, on Flickr

Didn't mean for it to focus on the window, but ended up liking how it came out :P
Also uploaded a photo of the moon I took one of the first times I was playing around with my friends 450D
Old 4th Apr 2012, 14:51   #3452
marksovereign
Minimodder

marksovereign has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Look like some of editing fault - what does it look like straight out of the camera?
marksovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2012, 14:55   #3453
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

Mine?

That's the original: (sized down to 1280)
Old 4th Apr 2012, 18:43   #3454
Cheap Mod Wannabe
Ultramodder

Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Well shot like this (and most shots of panning)
Is I see something coming up that I want to photograph so I just set longer shutter and follow the subject.

Just like stonedsurd said, rotate like a turret moving your whole upper body rather than arms.
Other than that for me the most important part is just shutter release time.
Once you're panning at the same time then I click. I've nere tried just bursting the cun*.

Oh IN OTHER NEWS MY MAIN CAMERA IS GONE FOR REPAIR
Noooo My 7D is being shipped to Canon
Cheap Mod Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2012, 17:18   #3455
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

Wood axe in the sun by George.Yoda, on Flickr

Not sure why I like it so much, something about the sight of an axe stuck in wood like that which ticks a box for me.
Old 5th Apr 2012, 17:58   #3456
<A88>
Trust the Computer

<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis
Been trying to get some use out of my new camera but struggling to cope with my complete inability to take decent photographs. I think I get stuck in just composing and spotting a decent snap in the first place but your endless criticisms and suggestions are much welcome!

Garfield by &lt;A88&gt;, on Flickr

Milk, eggs and...cat by &lt;A88&gt;, on Flickr

This one's deliberately out of focus as I felt it created more distance than the in-focus versions.

At a safe distance by &lt;A88&gt;, on Flickr

Evil glare by &lt;A88&gt;, on Flickr

Last edited by <A88>; 5th Apr 2012 at 18:13.
<A88> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2012, 18:46   #3457
mayhem
Owner of Mayhems

mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.

This is my first ever DSLR camera and only had it 2 days now. I dont know if there good or not but i thought id show them off anyway.

Accept No Imitations, Get Mayhem's

Last edited by mayhem; 5th Apr 2012 at 18:59.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2012, 19:06   #3458
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

Only 2 days?? Very nice, what was the setup?

And A88, that out of focus one completely confused me, took my brother telling me what it was before I saw it :P Very nice though, pictures of cats are always welcome on the internet
Old 5th Apr 2012, 19:18   #3459
Silver51
I cast flare!

Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.

IMGP0495 by silverfish51, on Flickr
Silver51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2012, 19:44   #3460
mayhem
Owner of Mayhems

mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm View Post
Only 2 days?? Very nice, what was the setup?

And A88, that out of focus one completely confused me, took my brother telling me what it was before I saw it :P Very nice though, pictures of cats are always welcome on the internet
Just a canon 1100D with standard lens that came in the kit.

Aurora

last one for tonight i think

Accept No Imitations, Get Mayhem's

Last edited by mayhem; 5th Apr 2012 at 22:32.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no skimlinks, stonedsurd? hell yes!