|28th Jul 2009, 12:18||#1|
I used to be somebody
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The South Sea Bubble
Asus Xtreme Global Summit - Competition Terms and Conditions
AX: GS – Terms and Conditions
Thank you for agreeing to take part in this exciting Asus Xtreme Global Summit experience.
Before we can get to the fun part, we ask that you read through the following guidelines. By entering the competition and accepting any prize you may win, you acknowledge acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1.In conjunction with Asus, Dennis Publishing is offering are twenty tickets to the UK event of the Asus Xtreme Global Summit (hereafter AX: GS). Each ticket grants you entry to the event, as well as a prize bundle of Asus hardware worth US$200-US$450 (RRP). The bundle will consist of:
* Five winners get Asus ENGTX275 (GeForce GTX 275) graphics cards
* Five winners get Asus EAH4890 (ATI Radeon HD 4890) graphics cards
* Five winners get Asus M4A785 motherboards, based on AMD’s new 785G chipset
* Five winners get the motherboards based on the mystery new chipset due for launch in September
Asus will also contribute up to £50 for every winner’s travel costs.
The UK event will take place on Friday, 28th August 2009, at the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Hotel, Bloomsbury Street, London WC1B 3QD, from 1pm – 6pm.
2. Winners will be chosen by the bit-tech.net editorial team in conjunction with Asus staff, from responses to blog posts on bit-tech.net. In order to enter, you will need a bit-tech.net forums account. The editor’s choice is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be notified by email or private message on the forum. If winners who do not respond within 5 working days, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another entrant.
3. As well as attending the event itself, winners will be expected to join the AX: GS Blogger experience, to write about your experience at the event, and with the Asus hardware you have won. You must write and submit at least one 200 word blog/forum post per week for a total of FOUR weeks. This is a minimum commitment of four posts. However, if you would like to write more, please do so.
4. All posts should be submitted to Asus via email and we ask that you supply each post with a relevant photo to help illustrate the piece. You may post them yourself on the bit-tech.net forums.
5. All blog entries must appear on only the AX:GS blog user site and the bit-tech.net forums. However, you can link to the posts from your own site as well.
6. We will supply you with a set a guidelines and themes we feel will help you get more from the experience. We want you to speak openly about your experiences when writing about your Asus product – entries may, however, be edited for spelling and grammar, to check factual content and to ensure they comply with relevant libel and obscenity laws. Opinions remain your own and are not endorsed by Asus or Dennis Publishing, however Asus has the option to use them within their own marketing materials.
7: The AX: GS Blogger experience will begin after the AX: GS UK event, on Tuesday 15th September, 2009 and will end on the 16th October, 2009. After this period Asus will be in contact to organise and arrange delivery of a new Asus product as a thank you for taking part, or to sponsor a trip to Taiwan to see the Asus R&D department.
8: The competition to win tickets to the UK event is open to anyone from the UK or the following European countries: Germany, France, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Spain, Portugal, Holland and Hungary. Entrants must be aged 18 or above.
9. Employees of Asus and Dennis Publishing and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and immediate families (defined for the purposes of these rules as husband, wife, mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, or persons residing in the household of such employees), and anyone else professionally connected with this competition, may not enter. The promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants to check their identity. The promoter is Dennis Publishing Ltd & ASUS Computers.
10. In addition, Dennis publishing’s standard competition terms and conditions apply. These may be viewed here: www.dennis.co.uk/comp/terms.
|28th Jul 2009, 15:38||#2|
It never hurts to help
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sint Maarten, Dutch Antilles
MUCH kudos on your efforts to include people from outside the UK, i'm mighty chuffed it includes me! I'll be entering for sure!
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
- George Carlin
|30th Jul 2009, 12:18||#3|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
And again Denmark is left out (actually all of Scandinavia, but who's counting...)
It's not the end of the world ...but you can see it from here.
Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
|7th Aug 2009, 00:47||#4|
Join Date: Jul 2008
I will be entering too, allthough I live in Denmark I have some ideas.
I am very much looking forward to the day you include my tiny country in the club.