bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Aug 2009, 17:50   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ubisoft announces Silent Hunter 5

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ent-hunter-5/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2009, 17:53   #2
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Oooh... Nice. I must pick up a copy of SH, I've never played it yet.
Old 18th Aug 2009, 17:54   #3
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm afraid this sound like too much sim and not enough fun for my liking.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2009, 17:57   #4
tin can
Modder

tin can has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This sounds awesome to me! However, I do have a copy of SH4 that I've never even got around to installing. So many games and other hobbies, so little time!
tin can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2009, 17:58   #5
p3n
Hypermodder

p3n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can't say I've ever heard of the first 4 games Oo
p3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2009, 18:13   #6
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3v1ck
I'm afraid this sound like too much sim and not enough fun for my liking.
The Silent Hunter games are sims, but the difficulty/realism settings are hugely tweakable, so you can just point and shoot as opposed to get your protractor out and doing some old fashioned trigonometry before firing your torpedoes.
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2009, 20:06   #7
tripwired
Deploying Surprise in 3... 2...1...

tripwired has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltripwired has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltripwired has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltripwired has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltripwired has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I LOVED Silent Hunter 4, it was a very slow paced game, but the thrill of killing a destroyer or gaining several kills on a convoy and escaping with your life is hard to match in other games. Anyone that loves strategy and a 'thinking' game (after you've got tired of playing 6 hours straight of CS Source!) should definitely pick up SH4 as it should be cheap now. The graphics are a heck of a lot better than SH3 as well which makes it much more realistic and playable.

Think this will be one of the few games that I pre-order this year.

CASE
Antec 300
OS Windows 8 Pro MB Gigabyte P55-USL3 CPU Intel i5-750 (2.66GHz) RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz HDD OCZ Octane 256GB, Samsung 2TB x4
tripwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2009, 21:39   #8
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
Id like to see more sims of this nature form the golden age of PC games,where they came with manuals in large binders, hundreds of pages long, and it took 3 weeks to get to a basic level of skill. Rather than games that are dead 3 weeks in!
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2009, 21:40   #9
tin can
Modder

tin can has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
you needed to get into fsx!!
tin can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 01:11   #10
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
Id like to see more sims of this nature form the golden age of PC games,where they came with manuals in large binders, hundreds of pages long, and it took 3 weeks to get to a basic level of skill. Rather than games that are dead 3 weeks in!
you forgot keyboard ovelays
Gunsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 04:11   #11
B3CK
Supermodder

B3CK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
And floppy disk switching to load, and then again on each level of play or screen change.
Old 19th Aug 2009, 08:42   #12
The_EXorcist
Possibly Australian

The_EXorcist has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Will be getting this, followed the series all the time, always worth their money, and the modding community is HUGE, especially for SH3, played that more than SH4. Something hugely attractive to sinking americans i think
Old 19th Aug 2009, 09:34   #13
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
remember silent service back in the 80's launch the torpedos right in the tailpipe
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 10:14   #14
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
you forgot keyboard ovelays
And anit-piracy measures that involve looking up a random word from somewhere in said hundred page manual.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 13:52   #15
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz
remember silent service back in the 80's launch the torpedos right in the tailpipe
I had the second one - remember it quite well. One of these days I'll dig it out and see if it'll work under Windows 7...
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 23:54   #16
rainbowbridge
Goes forever,OMG it's full of Stars

rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.
I purchased silent hunter 4 at tescos, standard.. i also just purchased crysis on ebay but subs are deep.

Excuss pig latin, English should have been forced on them after ww2 :-)
Obutto r3volution - Obsidian 650D - i7 2600k@4.3Ghz - 1TB Samsung EVO - 16gb Ram - 3GB Asus GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC-3x Asus VN279QLB -1x Oculus Dk2- Blu-ray - Mionix Naos 8200 Mouse - Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo - Razer Tiamat 7.1 true - DT 770 PRO headphones+px350 piano - Focusrite 6i6 - SE2200a IIC - T500RS Wheel + TH8a Shifter - Warthog Hotas + Saitek Combat Pedals -
rainbowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote