bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th Aug 2009, 10:53   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Zalman GS1000 Plus case review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...-case-review/1

Zalman's original GS1000 case didn't quite have what it takes to justify its price tag or compete with models from Antec, Cooler Master and SilverStone. We take a look at Zalman's second effort, the GS1000 Plus to see if it's more worthy of your cash.

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 11:54   #2
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
a nice case imo, shame about the cooling and those bloody weird feet
| Main Rig | TJ07B-W | 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 8GB Corsair Vengance | EVGA FTW 670 @ 1305Mhz | Samsung 830 128GB |1TB Samsung F3 | EK Supremacy CSQ | EK FC680 CSQ | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 12:17   #3
SinxarKnights
Multimodder

SinxarKnights has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I thought the top vent cover was more of a safety feature - to prevent liquid being spilled into it. I'm still scared to bring a glass of water to my desk with my Antec 300 sitting on the floor next to me (its only a matter of time....).

nice looking case though and nice cable routing holes. Has that 'finished' look to it instead of just slapping on some plastic on and calling it a day.
SinxarKnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 12:18   #4
zr_ox
Whooolapoook

zr_ox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thats so close to being a much better case, cooling is not bad by any means and some aesthetic tweaks would have made it a winner.

Solution:
*Fan/hdd bays were flush mounted
*Aluminium/rubber hifi feet

Two small tweaks which would greatly increase it's appeal!
Old 19th Aug 2009, 12:39   #5
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think it's a pretty nice case, even thought it has a healthy amount of plastic on it HAHA. The temps really don't bother me cos if I got it I would mod it to fit water cooling comfortably anyway.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 13:59   #6
Supa_M
What's a Dremel?

Supa_M has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like this case, think i might get 1, was considering a haf932 or sniper, but i like the finish on this 1...or maybe i should wait for i5 to launch, and see if i'll hav any spare change left over to even buy a case, lol...
Supa_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 14:14   #7
Dave_M
Modder

Dave_M has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Poor Zalman. Seems they are always playing catchup these days.
Dave_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 14:52   #8
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.
I'll stick to my Akasa Eclipse 62 for now. It fits in everything I need and cools pretty well. Although I am water cooling a C2D e6600 @ 3Ghz and 8800GTX using a Zalman Reserator. My other 8800GTX is air cooled (need cash for another water block and reservior)
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 16:04   #9
tk421
Idiot.

tk421 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltk421 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
160$ @ the egg for this? not impressed at all. seems that Zalman trying too hard.

i'd rather have a CM 590 for $60 and use the leftover $100 on 4x 120mm fans and a decent fan controller ... and still come out ahead. good thing Zalman still makes a decent controller ...

lack of 120mm fan spaces is why my pc-71 is in the closet holding my clothes up instead of housing my pc ...
Old 19th Aug 2009, 16:07   #10
centy
DFI Nutter

centy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Where is the post to facebook button?
centy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 16:17   #11
DraigUK
Multimodder

DraigUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
£140 for a case that doesn't do it's job and keep everything cool?

No thanks....
DraigUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 16:20   #12
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr_ox
Thats so close to being a much better case, cooling is not bad by any means and some aesthetic tweaks would have made it a winner.

Solution:
*Fan/hdd bays were flush mounted
*Aluminium/rubber hifi feet

Two small tweaks which would greatly increase it's appeal!
*Fan/hdd bays were flush mounted - Would be possible with a slightly larger case and they are a great feature.
*Aluminium/rubber hifi feet - They are excessively high imho and some thick feet would do the job just as well as you say. Lets hope Zalman are listening.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 17:23   #13
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by centy
On the case?!

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 20:24   #14
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can say this Zalman has come a long way since the days of those crappy fatality bulky cases. This isnt to bad in all respects.

But again I feel if the power supply is going to be at the bottom then the motherboard should be reversed, I do wish companies would start making more reverse ATX style cases.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 22:19   #15
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centy
Address bar:

Ctrl+C

Address bar: http://www.facebook.com

Ctrl+V
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2009, 05:00   #16
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.
The lack of a 200mm fan anywhere is a bit of a problem to me. The lack of an intake w/o modding kinda sucks.

But still a nice looking case nonetheless.
Old 28th Aug 2010, 19:16   #17
centy
DFI Nutter

centy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifter3000 View Post
On the case?!
addthis.com is a nice addition thanks
centy is offline   Reply With Quote