bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th Aug 2009, 12:02   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sony announces new PSN features, Home content

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...psn-features/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 12:13   #2
dolphin-promotions
Modder

dolphin-promotions has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
iPlayer will be a very welcome addition!
dolphin-promotions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 12:38   #3
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
In built iPlayer functionality is welcome, as is the vidstore: getting your digital content onto your lounge TV is something that no-one's quite come up with a ubiquitus solution for.

That said, I've just turned my 4 year old laptop into a fully functional HTPC with £10 worth of VGA/3.5mm Composite adapter cables.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 14:27   #4
eek
CAMRA ***.

eek has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You can already access iplayer through the browser simply enough, not the most groundbreaking feature to be announced!
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 16:03   #5
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
You can already access iplayer through the browser simply enough, not the most groundbreaking feature to be announced!
indeed and using the browser zoom rather than iPlayer fullscreen gives you better performance than using the fullscreen option in the iPlayer window so its better to do through the browser.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 17:54   #6
xaser04
Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek
I did not know this, Thank you eek and sandys! : )

My PS3 already doubles up as my TV (freeview), console (360 has died AGAIN!) and general media centre (DVD,Blu Ray etc) - this will be a welcome addition to catch up with any bits of Top gear I have missed.
xaser04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 19:32   #7
sjhujh
I drink too fast, think too slow

sjhujh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek
There was stuff on the BBC website about official support for the iplayerr on the PS3, as at the moment it has been using the same interface and quality as the Wii... So I think what they are refering to is the HD option which used to be missing... Although I haven't used iPlayer in the last couple of months so they may have enabled it since then...
Old 20th Aug 2009, 10:00   #8
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
ps3iplayer.com has gone donw hill since the last update. It used to be really good but now its very jerky so proper iplayer integration and hopefully HD video will be very welcome. I'm also looking forward to the vid store so i can rent HD films. Nice one Sony.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote