bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 4th Sep 2009, 15:16   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Asus Matrix GTX285 Review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...x-285-review/1

If a stock GTX 285 just isn't enough then Asus has released an ROG graphics card. Standing next to motherboards such as the Maximus, Rampage and Crosshair, the Matrix GTX285 promisses enhanced overclocking and has duely been put through its paces in our lab.

Old 4th Sep 2009, 15:27   #2
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
inb4 "I won one of these Last Week!!!"

Looks like a very nice card however i'm still glad i picked up the phenom board
Old 4th Sep 2009, 15:29   #3
Omnituens
Hypermodder

Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
"I won one of these Last Week!!!" :P

I was robbed. I hate Grid. :P

I'm still yet to fit mine - sorting out a new motherboard and OS this weekend, then I will test old cards vs this shiny shiny one.
Old 4th Sep 2009, 15:31   #4
andrew8200m
All of the hilarious

andrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I won one of these too... smashing cards... seems a waste to use it for "physx" mind as I have 2x 295s tootling along already...

Andy
andrew8200m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 15:38   #5
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm with you Omnituens, I have yet to fit and test mine. I've been so bogged down at work, when I come home I just don't have the energy to get my geek on. I'll wait for the weekend after my BF2 session & so that the other half can help. She'll be so freaking jealous, but she'll learn a lot.

During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 16:10   #6
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyb
inb4 "I won one of these Last Week!!!"

Looks like a very nice card however i'm still glad i picked up the phenom board
Lucky git. I could have played with out one all week! Sooooo many things to tweak and you really see the benefits too
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 16:14   #7
bodkin
Overheating

bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Had mine in for a few days now, great card. Much better than the reference nvidia designs. The itracker program is great!
bodkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 16:17   #8
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodkin View Post
Had mine in for a few days now, great card. Much better than the reference nvidia designs. The itracker program is great!
That's what I'm looking forward to the most - no more RivaTuner! Not that RivaTuner is bad program far from it.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 16:24   #9
kosch
Trango in the Mango

kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.
I won one too woot!

Loving this card so far.

It runs alot cooler than my Inno3D GTX 275 OC Edition when overclocking although the fan is a slightly higher pitch which is quite annoying.

I'll post some OC speeds when I get back from work.
kosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 16:32   #10
Mister_Tad
Serious about coffee

Mister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I won one of these last week too!

But I swapped it for a 785G board /hides
Mister_Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 16:42   #11
Omnituens
Hypermodder

Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
You gave Tom one of them didn't you?

Damn you, you NEVER assist Tom, it the last thing we all need! :P
Old 4th Sep 2009, 17:12   #12
Fredrics
Hmm...

Fredrics has yet to learn the way of the DremelFredrics has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How did you all win one?
Old 4th Sep 2009, 17:20   #13
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrics
How did you all win one?
http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/tag/xtreme-global-summit/

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 17:21   #14
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrics
How did you all win one?
They were winners in the Asus Xtreme Global Summit, got to come to London to meet us bit-tech and CPC chaps, play some games and overclock some i7 systems.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 18:51   #15
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
looks like a nice card £50 over ref tho? a lot
| Main Rig | TJ07B-W | 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 8GB Corsair Vengance | EVGA FTW 670 @ 1305Mhz | Samsung 830 128GB |1TB Samsung F3 | EK Supremacy CSQ | EK FC680 CSQ | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 18:58   #16
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
pretty insane shader clock
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 19:32   #17
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
For the price though and with a 22 widescreen think I'll stick to my ATI4890. Don't get me wrong I love nvidia cards but the prices are mad
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 20:24   #18
Panos
Multimodder

Panos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run Crysis
Must agree with Kovoet. For that money we get 2 4890s!!!
Panos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 20:33   #19
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have had a fiddle with the iTracker program, but would still prefer rivatuner. Although, getting to tweak the RAM tinings is cool.

Shame I can't get rivatuner to allow me to overclock this thing

So does anyone know of any waterblocks that fit this? Preferably full cover. If not, a GPU block will be fine, with some RAMsinks.
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2009, 20:47   #20
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddywinks
I have had a fiddle with the iTracker program, but would still prefer rivatuner. Although, getting to tweak the RAM tinings is cool.

Shame I can't get rivatuner to allow me to overclock this thing

So does anyone know of any waterblocks that fit this? Preferably full cover. If not, a GPU block will be fine, with some RAMsinks.
I think most will tbh. Looking at the underside of the EK FC285 GTX full cover block, the worst that can happen is the need to remove the mosfet plate from the main block and use some heatsinks. Looking at a reference PCB and the Matrix PCB, they look very similar actually.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote