bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 8th Sep 2009, 15:15   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yahoo CEO accused of dumping shares

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...mping-shares/1

Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz has been lambasted by the company's investors after filings showed she has sold $2 million of stock options since joining the company.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Sep 2009, 15:40   #2
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Goodbye Yahoo?
Old 8th Sep 2009, 16:09   #3
AshT
Custom User Title

AshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
She needs to be sacked maybe?
AshT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Sep 2009, 16:09   #4
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They're her shares, she can do what she likes. Yahoo have to except that when they give board members such huge stock options.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Sep 2009, 16:14   #5
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
If i owned Yahoo shares i'd be dumping them as well.

However they may be her shares to do with as she pleases but if you really believe the company is going places (which the ceo should) why sell them they'll be worth x% more i a few weeks/months/years. Its not like she needs the money.
Old 8th Sep 2009, 16:23   #6
Bursar
Hypermodder

Bursar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3v1ck
They're her shares, she can do what she likes.
Technically they're not, and she can't. Options are quite different to actual shares, and there are different rules that apply to them.
Bursar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Sep 2009, 16:26   #7
tejas
Multimodder

tejas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
She sold the shares in order to get that photo above photoshopped and touched up... tsk tsk

Her appearance as of now is vastly different to that official pic of her!! Just google it if you don't believe me!
tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Sep 2009, 16:27   #8
AshT
Custom User Title

AshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Brilliant argument there l3v1ck. You obviously have a business brain on today.

except*accept?
Old 8th Sep 2009, 16:28   #9
AshT
Custom User Title

tejas ... lol you are so right

http://www.adweek.com/adweek/photos/...arol_Bartz.jpg

A uni photo maybe? Or certainly early days.
Old 8th Sep 2009, 16:29   #10
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
balmer sitting around naked in his living room.. read this on his wall computer- hit a bunch of service bells that went bing@! (he had his mexican servant buy them)
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Sep 2009, 17:09   #11
drlecter
What's a Dremel?

drlecter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
For anyone that doesn't see the problem with this, two words: Insider Dealing.

People with stock options have to be careful when they sell shares, if she sells her shares, people might be think that she knows something about the company's future that they don't. Which could in turn cause others to loss confidence and damage the value of the company (and it's happened many times before).

For legal reasons I should point out that I am not accusing anyone of doing anything.
drlecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Sep 2009, 02:39   #12
xprodancer
life is like a box of chocolates

xprodancer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi1ez
Goodbye Yahoo?
should have died years ago!!!!!!!!!!

life is live a box of chocolates, theres always a S**T one in the box!
xprodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Sep 2009, 05:12   #13
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas
She sold the shares in order to get that photo above photoshopped and touched up... tsk tsk

Her appearance as of now is vastly different to that official pic of her!! Just google it if you don't believe me!
LOL "Google it", talk about kicking someone while their down.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Sep 2009, 16:12   #14
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
Yah who?
Old 9th Sep 2009, 18:45   #15
Otto69
Supermodder

Otto69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
None of the execs that came from Sun Microsystems impressed me except for Eric Schmidt, who had the good sense to leave long long ago. Bartz did nothing useful at Sun. Apparently she's now doing the same at Yahoo.
Otto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Sep 2009, 23:41   #16
BurningFeetMan
Multimodder

BurningFeetMan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lol fat cats. I wonder how they sleep at night. =\
BurningFeetMan is offline   Reply With Quote