1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dutch retailer boycotts PSPgo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Sep 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Horrible little thing anyway!

3. Psytek

Psytek What's a Dremel?

lol, sony makes a handheld?

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Retailers not willing to stock something that's designed to make them redundant? Big surprize.

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

can see their point though, what's the point of selling a console if you're unable to make any money selling games for it?

can see the poster now: The Sony Cartman: "Screw you guys, I'm going home" (can't help it, everytime I see a photo of the GO I can't help seeing Cartman :D) and (as far as shopkeepers are concerned) it seems appropriate

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Retailers are just getting upset because this scuppers the lucrative secondhand market which is all profit for them and instead means that they can only make a little bit off of the hardware and the PSN cards, with the people who make the game in the first place getting more dough for each game sold.

Its a bit of a problem really for traditional retailers as ultimately all consoles are looking to go this way as are most mobile devices that people make games on, so what are they going to do, boycotting one is only stalling the inevitable.

I would have got a PSPGo is I knew that Publishers weren't going to rape me over games online, still can't get over Tiger woods 10 being 31.99 on PSN when I can pick it up in Tesco for £15, downloads should always be cheaper than retail!

Oh also wouldn't get one because most retailser are asking £250 for a PSPGo when RRP is £224.99.

7. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Having just got my PSP... errr..... "fixed", I know I won' t be getting rid of that.

The PSPGo doesn't look that comfy to use either.

8. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

For those with hands larger than, say, a five-year-olds, the PSPGo will be a nightmare to use unless the person in all those shots has hands about 50% larger than mine... which I doubt.

9. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I don't see any reason why I'd buy a PSPGo, let alone a PSP, but if I had to choose, it'd be the PSP-3000

10. sandys

sandys Multimodder

If you can manage an DS or iPhone a PSPGo will be fine, millions of people get by just fine with a DS, are they all 5?

11. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Looks like a POS anyway. Who do sony think they are!

12. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

With retailers you get competition with direct download you don't, they can charge whatever the hell they like cause they think people would rather get it quicker by downloading than going to a shop and getting it a lot cheaper, look at steam, only good buys are the old games and the games on offer =\

13. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

for those, like me, who didn't know what the hell UMD stood for:

"UMD stands for Universal Media Disc. UMD is an optical disc format developed by Sony for its portable game console, PSP "

also, looks like europe got screwed on the price .. not that i think it's a bargain anywhere else either though

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

whats with all the childish fanboy hatred?

15. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

The DS allows your hands to be at the sides of the portable, rather than crunched together at the bottom. The iPhone I've only ever used in a store, but as it's a phone I'd argue that it is predominantly designed for use with one hand except in specific scenarios.

Doesn't change the fact that the PSPGo looks a bloody uncomfortable way to hold a portable. I'd have to try it to be certain, but I'm not spending the money to find out. ;)

I'm quite happy with my PSP-1000, to be honest. It does what I need it to, which is play rereleases of old JRPGs. :D

16. supaste

supaste What's a Dremel?

Microsoft are trying to do a simular thing with the xbox because you can now buy full xbox games on the live marektplace, if this gets popular i dout retailers will be to happy about it.

17. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

??? What are you talking about?

18. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I don't have any consoles so I don't really know how stuff like downloads work for them, but will games only be able to be bought online via Sony. And if that is so, isn't that a monopoly?

19. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

This is going to fail hard...

20. xprodancer

xprodancer life is like a box of chocolates

to be totaly honest i dont think anyone in there right mind is goin to pay that for a tiny uncomfortable psp-go its just rediculus! and when it comes down to the fact that your clearly not getting your moneys worth without a umd drive and all games you buy all get tied to your account is the wrong way to go! so good luck sony your gona need it on this one! i will never buy one!

Tags: Add Tags