bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 1st Oct 2009, 14:04   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Gaming Podcast 4 - The PSPgo, Dreamcast and future of RTS games

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/podcast...dreamcast-and/

The fourth Gaming Pocast from the CustomPC and bit-tech team, again hosted by Joe and this time with Clive, Mark and Antony joining in for plenty of discussion about the latest events in the games industry across all platforms.
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2009, 15:11   #2
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm liking the phrase "Pile of fail."
But "Epic fail" would have been even better.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2009, 15:20   #3
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
What about Epic pile of Fail?

NOW we're cooking!
Old 1st Oct 2009, 15:45   #4
tennisball
[Insert witty comment here]

tennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
did you eat your lunch before this one??
tennisball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2009, 15:46   #5
Centy-face
Caw?

Centy-face has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
7 minutes in and I had to pause to so I could hear it over my own laughter. Reminds me of episode 18 of the old podcast, that had me in hysterics.
Centy-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2009, 15:50   #6
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisball
did you eat your lunch before this one??
I actually we over-ran into lunch time - and I was very much looking forward to my rice pudding. I've got back into them lately.
Old 1st Oct 2009, 16:16   #7
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Baldur's Gate doesn't punish your alignment, but it does punish your reputation if it gets too low. You can't really play an evil character without getting a low reputation in BG1.
This issue was removed in BG2.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 12:33   #8
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

IIRC there are some weapons and items (definitely in the dialog expansions I use, if not the vanilla game) that can only be used by characters of certain alignments though.

It's definitely true in BG2, where the Human Flesh Armour is only usable by evil characters.
Old 2nd Oct 2009, 21:36   #9
Dreaming
Supermodder

Dreaming has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
im famous!

it was great though, the laughter was infections. "well **** you then"

C2D E6300 @ 2.8 | | Abit IP35 Pro | | 4GB Corsair XMS2 800 | | BFG 9800GT OC 1GB | | Antec NeoHE 550 | | Lian Li PC A05B (with top blowhole mod) | | LG 32LH4000 + Samsung 226BW 22"
Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2009, 01:46   #10
Dreaming
Supermodder

Dreaming has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Also, diablo developer lets daughter play game just FYI:
http://diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21397

C2D E6300 @ 2.8 | | Abit IP35 Pro | | 4GB Corsair XMS2 800 | | BFG 9800GT OC 1GB | | Antec NeoHE 550 | | Lian Li PC A05B (with top blowhole mod) | | LG 32LH4000 + Samsung 226BW 22"
Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2009, 21:50   #11
Tehren
What's a Dremel?

Tehren has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great podcast guys. Got on board a month or so ago and am working my way back thru the archives.

As a father to a (18 month old) daughter I'd exercise my own judgement concerning the games I'd let her play. This is probably a moot point - I doubt she'll give a toss about proper gaming though, exposed as she'll be to the pernicious influence of Casual gaming thanks to my good lady wife.

There are some 14 year olds who can handle GTA IV et all, and some 40 year olds who can't. For responsible parents, ratings are just a framework.
Tehren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2009, 16:00   #12
jesusthemazu
What's a Dremel?

jesusthemazu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
so even though screen sizes are increaseing on may peoples desks, how come the 1440x900 resolution is never tested anymore?

i have a 19inch LCD that i game on and it works fine for what i need. the only problem is, when i try to buy a new card, i kinda have to just assume it will work.

any thoughts?
jesusthemazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2009, 09:46   #13
Jezcentral
Multimodder

Jezcentral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've just finished listening to it. Wot a pile of tripe. I ended up skimming through the first 15 mins, until you decided you'd settle down. There's a reason you guys aren't stand-up comedians, and this was as bad as the PC Gamer UK lot at their worst.

And gay jokes? Really? (Ho ho ho. I thought you called me a homo! Ha ha!)
Jezcentral is offline   Reply With Quote