bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 6th Oct 2009, 14:27   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
What Makes You Quit Multiplayer Games?

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2009/10...tiplayer-game/

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2009, 14:33   #2
Akkatha
*SCREECH!* /run away.

Akkatha has yet to learn the way of the DremelAkkatha has yet to learn the way of the DremelAkkatha has yet to learn the way of the DremelAkkatha has yet to learn the way of the DremelAkkatha has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I left WoW because of the massive change in gameplay that it's gone through in the last year or so. I suppose that makes it a personal choice because lots of people still play religiously, but I felt the game had changed so much it wasnt what I enjoyed anymore.

That being said, the reason I stayed for so long in the first place was community and online friends. I suspect this is the case for a lot of multiplayers out there. No point shifting over to a new game if all the people you enjoy playing with are sticking around on another one!
Old 6th Oct 2009, 14:34   #3
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
The main reason I leave is because I get bored. Once you're pretty good with every weapon, master of a couple, played every map so you can prefire every hiding point without thinking, I've had enough.
Old 6th Oct 2009, 14:42   #4
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I stopped playing WoW because it stopped being fun. What I really enjoyed in that game was exploring new places and working through quests with friends. End game instance runs became a grind for items rather than for fun so I quit.
Old 6th Oct 2009, 14:51   #5
nukeman8
Hypermodder

nukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
2 MMO's i loved but wont ever go back to for roughly the same reason
Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies.
In both games they have changed drastically from when they were launched, not just the content wise but actual gameplay wise.

In general the "dumbing" down is what puts me off most MMO's in the long run. They start off a challenge and require teamwork and some thought to be good at, then the whining masses come in and everything gets ten times easier so old man joe can do it by himself.

Currently playing eve online and hoping to hell they dont go the same way as everyone else
nukeman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2009, 14:52   #6
cjoyce1980
Supermodder

cjoyce1980 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
with me it's in stages.... play the single player game, then check out the multiplayer for a bit and its on to the next one.

halo 3 multiplayer is the only one i really good back to now and again, main because there match making system is damn good and even if i having picked it up in 3 months, i can jump right in and after about 5 games it feels like i never left
cjoyce1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2009, 14:54   #7
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeman8 View Post
so old man joe can do it

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2009, 15:01   #8
nukeman8
Hypermodder

nukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
lol sorry not a reference to you just a saying that probably only i use
nukeman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2009, 15:01   #9
UncertainGod
Ultramodder

UncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have the attention span of an ADD suffering tick on coke, I'd say more but I'm bored now.

PSN ID: Sp4rkR4t
UncertainGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2009, 15:01   #10
Horizon
Dremel Worthy

Horizon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
idiots, nothing will send me packing faster than a hoarde of idiots, and just boredom the main reasons i'll shelve a game. Mindless repetitive tasks can only keep me entertain for so long.
Old 6th Oct 2009, 15:02   #11
-VK-
Lurker

-VK- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I stopped playing WoW because I didn't get enjoyment from it anymore. I've since started playing Red Alert 3 and I'm really enjoying it.
Old 6th Oct 2009, 15:15   #12
Jaffo
Modder

Jaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
For the games I've played a lot online (Action Quake 2, Medal of Honour, Operation Flashpoint) it's been the case that the friends and communities I enjoyed playing the game with dwindled away to play other games, forcing me to try something else.
Jaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2009, 15:15   #13
Shadowed_fury
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Shadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No P90 yet? Keep playing, that gun makes you smile. Silenced one even more so.
Shadowed_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2009, 15:34   #14
badders
Neuken in de Keuken

badders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for president
I haven't stopped playing any game I've got.
I return to them every once in a while when I have a spare couple of hours (which isn't that often, admittedly) and play whichever one I fancy.

If anything, Life stops me playing :'(
badders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2009, 15:35   #15
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed_fury View Post
No P90 yet? Keep playing, that gun makes you smile. Silenced one even more so.
Too much a spray+pray cannon tbh... Ruins hardcore mode half the time...
Old 6th Oct 2009, 15:43   #16
Shadowed_fury
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Shadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I use it when I wanna play as a ghost (no radar etc)
Shadowed_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2009, 15:44   #17
el_diablo_72
What's a Dremel?

el_diablo_72 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
To be honest, in most multiplayer RPG's I get sick of there being no content for people who cannot be bothered to form a group or a raid and wait for everyone to get together.

That and a 12 year old kid yelling into his microphone that there is a damn bee in his room!
el_diablo_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2009, 15:45   #18
GFC
Multimodder

GFC has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Usually It's because of my "I find next game that I'll play for months and suddenly stop one day because there's a NEW game that I like" syndrome.
Really. I played almost all MP games for months and then suddenly stop just because I start to like this new awesome game.
GFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2009, 15:48   #19
bpdlr
High-frequency bogon emitter

bpdlr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Most people leave MMOs because they reach the cap level and find there's little or no end-game content. This is why I'm excited about Aion, because it's been going for a year or more in China and Korea already, and has an established end-game.

But the people you play with also make a big difference. If half your guild leaves, the game can die for you even if there's still more to do in the game.
bpdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2009, 15:56   #20
Deadwolf
Minimodder

Deadwolf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I leave due to time constraints... i do what i can in the time i have, but some of the levels up, extra weapons, or medals awards take so much time to get there really is no point.
Other games require you to be team player for some rewards, and i dont' have time to meet people and ask for help. I am there to play the game becuase i like the game play and not to be a social bee.
Computer or Peer player, your all going to get a head shot which is the fun part of the game, not being buddy buddy with Sally or Sid...
Deadwolf is offline   Reply With Quote