bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Oct 2009, 15:35   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Swiftech releases Apogee XT waterblock

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2009/10...t-waterblock/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2009, 15:50   #2
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks pweeety.

The mounting, same as the GTZ, is fantastic.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2009, 16:00   #3
glaeken
Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

glaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well I was getting ready to buy a GTZ to replace my DD RBX, looks like I'll hold off for an ATX AXT.

Last edited by glaeken; 7th Oct 2009 at 16:53. Reason: doh!
glaeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2009, 16:15   #4
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
That'd be AXT
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2009, 16:57   #5
FeRaL
Multimodder

FeRaL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So glad I haven't ordered my GTZ yet.
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
FeRaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2009, 17:05   #6
Floyd
Wire Twister

Floyd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sure its going to cool better than anything on the market. Its a new product that the maufacturers are trying to sell if they have to lie or not. Cant wait to see some un-bias testing on this unit. FYI I have a GTZ block and love it
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2009, 17:22   #7
Combatus

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Swiftech are usually fairly honest with their results from my experience but I agree until we have some independant testing, the crown rests on the Heatkiller's head
Old 7th Oct 2009, 23:17   #8
Rocket_Knight64
Multimodder

Rocket_Knight64 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was just about to buy a HK3.0-LT so this is good timeing for me.

Seeing as bits been touting water alot of late, why not some more reviews/articles on watercooling? Is this going to be the start of a trend?

The same kind of depth as http://skinneelabs.com/ would be nice or I'll be dissapointed.
Rocket_Knight64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2009, 23:37   #9
Combatus

We have been talking about this actually for some time. TBH the likes of Skinneelabs and Martinsliquidlab do over and above what is really needed. I mean Martin would use water heaters to heat the coolant to max out the heat capacity of the radiator - something that would never happen in real use (or at least it shouldn't), things like that and most of the information, while very interesting, in-depth and scientific just isn't worth our while, although I'd love to be proved wrong. Both Skinnee and Martin have said in the past how time consuming their testing is.

At the end of the day there's relatively little difference between most of the modern hardware and we also don't have the time or recources to obtain and use all his kind of kit and to be honest I know a lot of people just want to see the comparison graphs at the end of the day, except some of the more hardcore users out there, and probably most XS forum members ;-)

However, what should be doable here is pressure drop and flow rate testing and how blocks and radiators actually perform in a typical loop and what their limits are. Pumps too we should be able to test. After all, all people really want to know is how a block actually performs, what kind of a pressure drop it's going to have, and also how it will effect flow rates.

If anyone has any thoughts on this feel free to PM me.
Old 8th Oct 2009, 02:11   #10
livesabitch
life is what you make it!

livesabitch has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
she loolks a beaute! can we have a review on this bit-tech? would be interesting to see how it performs!
Old 8th Oct 2009, 09:19   #11
Big Red
What's a Dremel?

Big Red has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Could it be time to retire my D-tek fusion v2?? sure looks nice.

J.
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2009, 09:35   #12
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hmmz I wonder if its better then a Heatkiller3.0LT.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2009, 10:47   #13
Delphium
Eyefinity enabled

Delphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Pics comparing the 2 pin layouts??
Delphium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2009, 10:48   #14
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Old 8th Oct 2009, 14:13   #15
Combatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphium
Pics comparing the 2 pin layouts??
They're also on the products page at swiftech linked to in the article along with more info and pics.