1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubi considering many Assassin's Creed games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

Activision, meet the Ubisoft which is the company that will take your title of sequel whore.

3. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I didn't even enjoy the first one.

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Oh lord...

It's going to have the consistent quality of Dynasty Warriors now.

5. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

If they don't keep this as a trilogy I will just stop buying them. Seriously, IP should only be used a few times per decade.

6. Slepnyrl

Slepnyrl What's a Dremel?

I actually loved the first one, especially its setting. The setting in Assassin's creed really plays a large part in how enjoyable the game is. The holy land at the time of the crusades was a bustling world, cities with large crowds and public events...

AC2 takes place in Renaissance Italy...another wonderful setting that fits the AC gameplay, which is hopefully improved.

But WW2 England? Come on... You've been original in the first two games don't stop there. There's hundreds of different settings better than a dead drab and wet London. Curfews and wartime wouldn't make it a very active place either.

I mean, they could look at Asia next at whatever time period they see fit! No not necessarily a ninja in Japan but it could be in China or India or anywhere else!

I could also be in other parts of Europe in next-to-unknown periods in game settings. Revolutionary France? How about Constantinople at the time where the Ottoman's and european factions were fighting for it?

I mean there's hundreds if not thoulsands of other settings possible than another WW2 one...Come on...open a history book!

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Oh, fercryin'outloud...

I'd just about accept a trilogy... but you can be certain that as soon as it hits number four, the quality is gonna drop. :(

8. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

How's about a hitman clone?

9. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

This is starting to sound like a tomb raider series that just doesn't know when to stop!

I hope they stop at 3 and put all that extra effort in to making it a great game that stretch it out and give us nothing more than grinding and weak story lines/plots.

If they really wanted to push the boat out, they'd span several historical periods over the course of one game, since we are looking at genetic relatives of the person in the Animus they could also switch between male or female depending on the era.

10. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i really liked the first one. i even was kind of sad whe have to wait for the pc version..

11. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

"We could do 35 titles that all play the same and still make a good hype out of it"... yeah good for you...

12. salesman

salesman Minimodder

The title caught my eye read the little info on the article saw the word 35 and nearly fell through my chair. I mean all the possibilities of the things I could say to that, but I shall keep it simple, Sébastien Puel, you're an idiot, don't make 33 more sequels.

13. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

IF the gmes are good then why not. I loved the first one and the second looks like its also going to be good. Keep them coming.

14. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

The first game was very repetitive. Great if you have OCD, no so great for the rest of us. It looked nice, though.

15. Loom

Loom What's a Dremel?

There were 95 Rocky movies and they were all good...

Tags: Add Tags