bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Oct 2009, 10:38   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Gaming Podcast 5 - Art, Advertising and Attitude

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/podcast...ising-and-att/

This week we talk about whether games journalists should have to develop games as a qualification, whether games can ever really be considered as an art form and why we've all been put off by the new advertising for Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2.

We also talk about the pending release of Windows 7 and why Joe isn't going to upgrade, as well as whether Valve might have a hidden dark side. Chilling stuf
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2009, 12:28   #2
deltaworld
Multimodder

deltaworld has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WooHoo.. I just won Zeno Clash! Thanks bit-tech and Custom PC!!
deltaworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2009, 17:16   #3
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
all old-school games including NOLF works fine on my netbook running Win7 pro.

to be honest, upgrading to win7 really doesn't affect me a single bit. the new taskbar is not as great as it said to be, performance is unnoticeable.
only thing made me change to it after playing with the Beta was the multi-folder library feature.

another great podcast, in terms of games as art, it doesn't really matter, as long as it doesn't change the price of games, it's fine.
Old 15th Oct 2009, 22:40   #4
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I'll listen to it later.. not in the mood for joe's rants right now!
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2009, 22:47   #5
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz View Post
joe's rants right now!

:S
Old 15th Oct 2009, 22:55   #6
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
lol sorry.. just in a bad mood- probably cause it rained like hell last couple days
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2009, 01:40   #7
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
I made a game, Joe, but you lost it

I ****ing rofled my socks off. I can't wait to get back in the office to take the piss tomorrow.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2009, 10:01   #8
Hugo
Ultramodder

Hugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
I made a game, Joe, but you lost it

I ****ing rofled my socks off. I can't wait to get back in the office to take the piss tomorrow.
That just made my day. Alas, I also just lost The Game.
Old 21st Oct 2009, 00:50   #9
deltaworld
Multimodder

deltaworld has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How will I be getting the copy of Zeno Clash? Is it a retail copy or a digital download as I have not received it yet.
deltaworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Oct 2009, 08:03   #10
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaworld View Post
How will I be getting the copy of Zeno Clash? Is it a retail copy or a digital download as I have not received it yet.
Will be emailing a Steam code to you later today, when I get in to work. Sorry about the delay! Purely my own forgetfulness at fault.
Old 21st Oct 2009, 08:21   #11
Ola.l
Multimodder

Ola.l has yet to learn the way of the DremelOla.l has yet to learn the way of the DremelOla.l has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I liked this podcast, that's a nice contrast to the hardware one which is much more serious
Ola.l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Oct 2009, 20:10   #12
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Watchers Keep? That was Baldur's Gate, Throne of Bhaal.
I'm assuming Bioware haven't reused the name for Dragon Age.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Oct 2009, 20:14   #13
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I couldn't quite tell. Does Dragon Age force SecuROM on you or not?
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote