bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Oct 2009, 09:58   #1
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Windows 7 Games Compatibility Testing

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...lity-testing/1

Joe, ever afraid of losing touch with his oldest games, tests more than 60 games on Microsoft's new Windows 7, including a bunch of indie and Steam-based games. Does Deus Ex work on Windows 7? We find out if Windows 7 is the ultimate gaming OS.

Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:02   #2
Hackjedi
Minimodder

Hackjedi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
no Blizzard games tested, will they all work?
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:03   #3
BlackBabyJesus
What's a Dremel?

BlackBabyJesus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've been playing No One Lives Forever on Win 7 64-bit. No problems.
BlackBabyJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:09   #4
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I may try and install diablo 2 on my 64bit windows 7 install at home soon.
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:16   #5
frontline
Punish Your Machine

frontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfrontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just waiting in for my copy to arrive so i can do some testing.
Intel Core i7 2600K| Asus P8P67-M PRO R3 | Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Cooler |Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.65V | Sapphire HD 6990 4GB GDDR5 | Crucial M225 128Gb SSD | Asus Xonar DX | LG W2261VP | Corsair GS800 PSU
frontline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:20   #6
DaMightyMouse
Minimodder

DaMightyMouse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Couldn't get my driver for the wireless card working on the x64 RTM version, until I installed it using Vista SP2 compatibility mode. So there are scenarios where compatibility mode is actually useful.
DaMightyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:21   #7
DaMightyMouse
Minimodder

DaMightyMouse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMightyMouse
Couldn't get my driver for the wireless card working on the x64 RTM version, until I installed it using Vista SP2 compatibility mode. So there are scenarios where compatibility mode is actually useful.
Oops I meant SP1 ...
DaMightyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:25   #8
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBabyJesus
I've been playing No One Lives Forever on Win 7 64-bit. No problems.
Which version? GOTY? Ours wouldn't even install...

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:25   #9
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Retail version of Titan Quest on Vista had problems (missing driver in DX10 that was in DX9), however Steam version works fine on 7 (RC 64 version, waiting on Postie for 7Home).

Steam version of Indy & the fate of Atlantis works great (original CD version also runs but crashes to desktop after a few minutes).
Civ 4 on Steam works great as does UT3, Crayon Physics & World of Goo.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk

Last edited by Blademrk; 22nd Oct 2009 at 13:35.
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:25   #10
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackjedi
Nobody had any lying around. Thought about downloading a WOW trial to test, but MMOs update so fast that it didn't seem worthwhile tbh...

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:27   #11
antec_ati
Minimodder

antec_ati has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
D II works fine on windows 7 beta so should be no prob peace Antec_Ati
antec_ati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:28   #12
antec_ati
Minimodder

antec_ati has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
you'll have to install it in the x86 and probably under xp2
antec_ati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:31   #13
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just have a question, I skimmed the article and you may have already stated this. Did you use Windows 7 Ultimate? Ultimate is the only version which actually has the XP compatibility mode so if you were using a different version this may fix some issues.

I can't wait to get my FREE!!! copy from Micro$oft .
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:36   #14
Venares
Minimodder

Venares has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackjedi
Been happily playing WC3 and WoW on the RC for the last 6 months
Venares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:36   #15
badders
Neuken in de Keuken

badders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for president
Beyond Good and Evil (Steam Version) Works fine on 7 x64, albeit with some graphical glitches that aren't bad enough for me to warrant investigating
badders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:37   #16
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz
I just have a question, I skimmed the article and you may have already stated this. Did you use Windows 7 Ultimate? Ultimate is the only version which actually has the XP compatibility mode so if you were using a different version this may fix some issues.

I can't wait to get my FREE!!! copy from Micro$oft .
Read the article. It answers that question.

I'm only not answering it here because it's not as simple as your question makes out. We did use Ultimate, but there are two types of XP mode. There's an XP Mode intended for businesses wanting increased compatibility in office software and then there's the general purpose XP Compatibility mode which is in all versions of Windows and has been since XP. The 'True XP Mode' intended for businesses is actually completely unsuitable for games because of the way it isolates the graphics drivers. The article discusses this in more depth

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:40   #17
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would read but I have an assignment to finish, looks like I will have to do it later.

*EDIT*
Cheers, thanks for that Joe.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:43   #18
rhuitron
Bump? What Bump?

rhuitron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How about Tribes2?
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:53   #19
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
RA2, RA3 works.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2009, 10:54   #20
mm vr
The cheesecake is a lie

mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
You didn't test any Worms?
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz || Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme || Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H || 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600MHz CL10 || Radeon 4870 512MB || AC Accelero Twin Turbo Pro || Asus Xonar DX || Samsung 830 128GB || 2x WD Blue 640GB || Corsair HX620 || Antec P182 || Samsung SM 2232 + 2233 || Windows Server 2012
mm vr is offline   Reply With Quote