1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows I'm glad for the CoD MW2 server policy

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Higson92, 25 Oct 2009.

1. Higson92

Higson92 What's a Dremel?

there are so many stupid server rules on some servers. today i got kicked for saying stop spwan killing as its classed as "ruining gamaing karma"

Ive also been kicked by warning systems for saying "penis"

And alot of servers ruin the game by taking alot of thegood stuff out such as bazookas, dogs martys etc,

So im all for there new rule ! maybe it will stop stupid rules !

I mean how come the game characters on the server can swear but we cant ?

Its our game and its for the our age rating !:wallbash:

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Erm, penis isn't a swear word. However, if you were using it in an offensive manner (i.e. flaming other players) they that's a sure fire way to get yourself kicked.

Most servers have their own rules, while some have very few, if any at all. I've played on both, and the ones with some kind of rules tend to be more fun to play on as they're less crazy and reward skill more than anything else. That's the beauty of dedicated servers, if I was getting tired of one game mechanic (like martyrdom or repeatedly getting airstriked every time I spawned) then I could hop on over to another server where it was disabled. The point is you find a server which you like and can have fun on and add it to your favourites.

If you can't understand that then yeah, you'll probably be better off without it.

3. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Given this thread I'm just going to go ahead and say you're trolling.

And if that's how you act online, I'm saddened by the loss of admins who could ban you from servers.

4. Higson92

How am i trolling ? ****. that was a misc thread ?

and i havent been kicked by admins ive been kicked by auto filters. !

Last edited: 25 Oct 2009
  5. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

If you whined about being spawn raped on any of my servers I would kick you as well. If you dont like the way the game is going you can leave.

6. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

He isn't trolling at all imo, he's bringing up a very valid point. That server owner/administrators have the power to change how the game plays to benefit themselves and their own play style without consideration for others.

I cant talk about CoD in particular, as I was never a a fan of the multiplayer, but I was a long time BF2 player and server owner. When a clan/admin enforces rules such as "no AT on infantry" or "no clays on flags" your essentially limiting the gameplay for everyone else. Yes that person pays for the server and has a right to set up certain rules, but removing/denying actual gameplay tactics (however annoying) is just wrong imo.

When I had my server the only rules I and my team enforced were the really important ones, no TK'ing, no malicious chat (swearing in any other way was encouraged ;)) and no stat padding. If you wanted to run around n00b tubing all day you could, if you wanted to strap C4 to your buggy and blow up tanks go for it, if AT sniping was your thing you were in the right place. Because of that once my server got going it stayed going until the early hours of the morning.

Of course there were people who joined and couldn't take a game where everything was a valid tactic, but they quickly ran off to their massively limited, n00b friendly servers.

Running a server that enforces fair, co-operative gameplay is one thing, limiting gameplay is another.

7. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Wait, were you kicked from the game for spawn-killing, or for asking others to stop? Because while spawn-killing is a move practiced by campers and dickheads, it's up to the rules (and therefore the admin) to decide whether it's allowed or not.

If you don't like a server's rules, you can leave and find a server you like. Simple as. I'm really struggling to see what the problem is!

8. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

I don't mind too much either. I played cod4 more on the 360 than i did on the pc, so it's not much different from that i suppose.

9. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Okay, so now we can do nothing about buggers like you. Great.

First off, i would have kicked you from my clan's server for saying "no spawn kill". Why? For two reasons. One, you have no authority to force rules on someone else's server. Two, there are no fixed respawn points in Call of Duty, it's all dynamic so there is no such thing as spawnkilling.

And second, why would you say "penis" on a COD server? Several times even, since all automated swear filters warn you first before kicking.

10. Higson92

i called sum1 a penis for blocking a door, which was fairley mild.

Yes i could leave the server but all im doing is saying my point ? why is there such a big deal about that ?

its like saying

if you dont like labour then leave the country ? and in all fairness how many of you actually would ?

you dont like the taxes here then leave ?

there is a nasty anserw for everything. just when you pay good money for a game you expect it to be fair and not have stpuid rules. !

spwan points arent at random. you spawn mostly on ur side of the map !

so my point is i cant wait for the servers to be owned by cod. stops pratish people that are selfish !

11. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

You actually comparing the way this country is run to a game server?

pimonserry likes this.
  12. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I think that some server admins actually spoil the game experience for many players. We all know that there are the god complex types out there, who enjoy their priviledges too much and make a mockery of the game. After all, it is just a game! Some admins take the whole experience way too seriously imo.

On the other side of the coin though, I have run a dedi box, with several games running off it before, and I hated being an admin. Especially when you get the noobs who cry 'cheat' just because they are getting beaten. Or then there are the players who are just determined to break the server rules and test the patience of the admins. So there are many players who take the experience way too seriously too.

I do enjoy the freedom of having the choice of which servers I can play on, and I do have my favourites. I do wonder how the new policy is going to pan out.

13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

14. Higson92

Yep it was an example. so thats why im glad that cod are taking control.

On the other hand there are many good admins out there, Just a shame some spoil them.

15. Higson92

I think your being very unfair towards me, Not as if ive purposley pissed other gamers on the server off. I called a blocker and a penis ?

and by others saying leave the server.

Im stating my opinion. not looking to get a bashing, get off your high horse.

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Complaining about spawnkilling and being kicked I can understand you being pissed about. But you also point it out without any other circumstances or situations - which makes me chalk it up as a one-off. Either way, so what? You think the new system will change anything? You'll just get griefed by players instead of kicked by admins.

As for the second instance - you calling people dicks and then getting kicked - what did you expect? You've got no ground to stand on and, just because you think it's a mild swear, doesn't mean it is. That could have been a family friendly server and you didn't bother to read the rules, or maybe the admin was just in a mood and didn't want to put up with someone bad mouthing. It doesn't matter. Point is, you went into a public place and started tossing around inappropriate language - you can't complain when you get told off for it.

You broke etiquette and you've said nothing to make it seem appropriate, so expect us to judge you on it and not side with you on the issue of IWNet, which isn't going to solve your problem and already has everyone here riled up.

17. Pieface

Pieface Modder

The only servers that annoy me is when you are relatively new, but follow the rules set out, yet Admins, and the people admin like get away with breaking all the rules, yet if you broke them it was bad and you were instantly banned.

18. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Its just a bonus of being an admin. When I ran several servers no swearing at all was allowed but if I wanted to swear at someone I did..............................because I was an admin and could do what I wanted :D It sounds shitty but its the way of the world.

19. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

The stupidest one I had was on a server with a no bunny hopping, when I got kicked for jumping over a wall :sigh:

But in general I find most admins are quite good and tolerant of new players, and one penis of an admin is a lot easier to put up with than a load of impetuous kids screaming their heads off.

20. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

:grr: