bit-tech.net

Old 25th Oct 2009, 13:27   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Machinarium Review

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...arium-review/1

Amanita Design comes out with another cracking Flash game to prove that the point and click adventure genre isn't yet dead. The scenes are exquisite, the sound is fantastic and it set your mouse clicking and your mouth smiling.

Old 25th Oct 2009, 13:59   #2
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I played both Samorosts and loved them.
Will have to get that one.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
I! I! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2009, 14:05   #3
frontline
Punish Your Machine

frontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfrontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just had a quick play of the demo, love the style. Am tempted...
Intel Core i7 2600K| Asus P8P67-M PRO R3 | Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Cooler |Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.65V | Sapphire HD 6990 4GB GDDR5 | Crucial M225 128Gb SSD | Asus Xonar DX | LG W2261VP | Corsair GS800 PSU
frontline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2009, 14:07   #4
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Depending how much you cheat on the numerous puzzles, it's several hours of gameplay I just finished it this afternoon. <3 the ending.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2009, 14:07   #5
will.
A motorbike of jealousy!

will. has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwill. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's an excellent game. I loved nearly every bit.

The only bits that was a bit of a grind were the board game which was just irritating because it's so easy, but due to the perfect nature of your computer opponent, winning is a case of luck. The other was the very last challenge. It was just unnecessary.

Check out my Last.FM & iToggle & Nav-o-Matic jQuery plugins.
will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2009, 14:09   #6
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by will. View Post

The only bits that was a bit of a grind were the board game which was just irritating because it's so easy, but due to the perfect nature of your computer opponent, winning is a case of luck. The other was the very last challenge. It was just unnecessary.
That was the most fun game imo. You need to get him in a "cant win" scenario - the walkthrough cleverly gives you advise via picture on the page opposite.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2009, 14:09   #7
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
i finished it morning, what a splended game, and an important one for pc gaming.

little teams like this can GLADLY have my money as the indy scene is the future of pc gaming.

my crystal ball has spoken.

Last edited by Gunsmith; 25th Oct 2009 at 14:25.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2009, 14:19   #8
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks like a fantastic little game, I must really give it a shot. If you like this then you should give 'Little Wheel' a try, a great little game, it's free .
http://www.kontraband.com/games/18054/Little-Wheel/
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2009, 14:45   #9
GFC
Multimodder

GFC has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Played both samarost and this one. It's just pure awesome. Just goes to show that flash is not obsolete at all.
GFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2009, 15:23   #10
Kiytan
Shiny

Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Oddly, i didn't like it all that much. I tried the demo, and i have to agree that it is utterly beautiful, but there is something about it I just didn't like. Which is made wierder by the fact I'm a big fan of adventure games (It's a toss up between MI2 and Full throttle for which is my favourite)
Kiytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2009, 16:24   #11
Hugo
Ultramodder

Hugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
Quote:
Originally Posted by will. View Post

That was the most fun game imo. You need to get him in a "cant win" scenario - the walkthrough cleverly gives you advise via picture on the page opposite.
The only winning move is not to play
Old 25th Oct 2009, 20:45   #12
M1chl
What's a Dremel?

M1chl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I am from Czech Republic, like the Amanita does and my high school teacher for Photoshop/Premiere was Vclav Bln, the man behind the animation in this game. When I saw it, it's a really big suprise. Anyway, this game is really awesome, it's a love on first sight. So please more this poetical games with soul : )
M1chl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2009, 23:00   #13
dire_wolf
Last Of The Dovakhiin

dire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for president
£14.99 on steam, absolute bargain, worth every penny for the quality of the art and game.
dire_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Oct 2009, 11:34   #14
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
theres a point, you say that hte soundtrack is available for those who buy it, what about those who got it on steam?
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Oct 2009, 14:15   #15
deanimate
What's a Dremel?

deanimate has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Pure Gold.
I love samorost from the start and to see that game evolved to the next level is just brilliant news. Just standing in an environment, listening to the inspired soundtrack and looking at the gorgeous and unique graphics is rewarding in itself.
Pre-ordered this one months ago and when i have some more money available I'll probably buy it again.

Gems like these don't come along too often.
deanimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2009, 13:02   #16
smc8788
potato

smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I just completed this last night. A very enjoyable game I must say, and this is coming from someone who isn't a big fan of adventure games. I was a little hesitant after playing the demo, but the full game is much more enjoyable as there is more depth to the puzzles and they get increasingly tricky.

As per the review there were some bits that I found frustrating, like when solutions don't seem to be able to be solved logically, and require more of a trial and error approach. But on the whole it was great fun; I particularly loved the art style and the way the characters are developed through the robot's thoughts as the game progresses - they add a real sense of empathy that other games don't achieve, even with several pages of dialogue.

Oh, and it wouldn't be right to leave without an act of pedantry: in the first paragraph of the review - it's per se (as in Latin), not "per say"

Last edited by smc8788; 27th Oct 2009 at 13:16. Reason: spelling
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2009, 16:11   #17
micha80
What's a Dremel?

micha80 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think I'll give it a go, I love a good adventure games. This one seems to have been inspired by an old formula that works: simple and cute.
micha80 is offline   Reply With Quote