bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 27th Oct 2009, 15:46   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
ICO reveals 356 breaches last year

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...es-last-year/1

The Information Commissioner's Office has revealed that over 350 individual reports of data loss or theft from private and public sector companies were made last year.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2009, 19:09   #2
djellison
What's a Dremel?

djellison has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've recently done a review of what the DPA means for our company (medical education). It's a damn nightmare. There are not specific rules - just 'guidelines'. It's so damn fluffy and non specific. Furthermore, a problem I've come across a lot is the data you have to look after is often incorrect through no fault of your own. Customers (or in my specific case doctors and patients) often fill out forms incorrectly, or fill them out so badly you can't read them.

I maintain one very simple rule for all data protection rules. What do we have to do, to make sure we never appear on the front page of the Daily Mail. Can't go wrong with that.
djellison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2009, 22:47   #3
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

RichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
i dont think personal data should be stored on portable devices, especially as remote access is possible via virtual private networks.