bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 28th Oct 2009, 03:32   #1
TheMusician
Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

TheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What's ruining your life right now?

Currently, i'm trying to juggle 5 AP classes and bring all of my grades quickly before the end of the quarter (in two days). It looks like i'm getting a C- in English, but at least a B- in everything else, and at least two As.

Hopefully colleges won't let the first quarter of my senior year cause them to decline me. (in the U.S., universities look at the first 3 years of high school and the first semester of senior year when determining who to admit and who to decline).

Last edited by TheMusician; 28th Oct 2009 at 19:39.
TheMusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 03:42   #2
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I got cheated out of a consultant job because the incompetent recruiter changed jobs, said I didn't qualify for the position, and never passed on my resume to his replacement. 28+ yrs. in IT and I'm not qualified? I have more experience than he has years.

There was harsh words and finger pointing. Isn't over yet. I'm in contact with regional managers and I'm out for blood. At my salary level you don't want to make mistakes or enemies.
Old 28th Oct 2009, 03:43   #3
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
my skin has to be the shttiest ever made. I have all the issues you could probably think of and by the age of 14 I had already accepted that someday I would have skin cancer, which I truly believe I will.

I have other issues but my skin is what started them all back when I was 12-13
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 03:45   #4
500mph
The Right man in the Wrong place

500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Women. The Source of all evil. (Of course, Men aren't good either)

500mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 03:53   #5
bigsharn
Officially demotivated

bigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysis
I bought a refurbished XPS laptop with 2 years warranty and the company no longer exists... It worked for 14 hours. I'm now £720 down the pan, and Paypal won't do a thing to remedy it (though the seller still has a standing account :/), I'm now jobless and have no way of making the money back (Luckily I'm still at college so I don't pay for lessons)

My ex dumped me for someone that looks just like me, and the only other lass I'd even be slightly interested in has a kid on the way

The arthritis is taking hold really badly because winter's on the way, and co-codamol doesn't work anymore
Old 28th Oct 2009, 04:05   #6
Furymouse
Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Furymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ruptured appendix a few months back followed by my gall bladder deciding to kick the bucket last week. Very few times have I hit a ten on the pain scale.
Old 28th Oct 2009, 04:19   #7
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The folding @ home project and in conjunction with it, my next big build/ mod. I'm starting it some time in the next couple of weeks (gathering parts & materials at the moment) and hope to have it all done in about 4 months depending on how much free time I actually get to work on it. When completed, it will be one of the most elaborate mods I have created and also one of the fastest PCs, even though it's going to be a dedicated FaH machine.

The other thing that is going to determine how much free time I get to work on that project is my degree. 3 years in and things are hotting up. I have a lot of work to do before my Janurary exams and pretty much need to stay in the top 5% of my class to make it to the placement I want and need next year. That's if anyone is actually hiring this year

So the short answer is: Work, Mods and University

EDIT: this'll teach me to go on the forums before my eyes have woken up properly. I thought the thread was entitled "What's running your life at the moment?". I retract the above post now knowing what the thread is about

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit

Last edited by Unicorn; 28th Oct 2009 at 09:46.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 04:21   #8
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
School, piss poor pay at my job, and my car

And women but when aren't they a problem
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 04:32   #9
Chazman89
Modder

Chazman89 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChazman89 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChazman89 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Re-taking my second year of uni, 3 assignments due in and an inclass test next week.
Not being able to sleep before 4am.
And RSI of the wrist

"You're about as much use as a marzipan dildo!" - Malcom Tucker
Chazman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 04:48   #10
klutch4891
Hypermodder

klutch4891 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelklutch4891 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelklutch4891 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Failing Calculus even though I've already taken it; and being stuck at a community college in Texas while all my friends back in Florida go to big name Uni's.
Old 28th Oct 2009, 05:11   #11
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
The fact that high school exists after you've been accepted to college.
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 05:14   #12
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
Haven't had a job in over two months
Old 28th Oct 2009, 05:17   #13
Shadowed_fury
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Shadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dare I say, no L4D2 demo.

Money issues besides that
Shadowed_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 10:15   #14
capnPedro
Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Work; long hours for fairly crap pay.

I <3 Aquatuning & Enermax long time!
capnPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 10:22   #15
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.
My car, its leaking water into the passenger compartment on the drivers side, The seals have been checked and theres nothing wrong with them Grrrrrr really cant explain the swimming pool in the rear footwell

and to top it off it needs discs and pads, front and rear. kerching
13eightyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 10:25   #16
badders
Neuken in de Keuken

badders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for president
Air in the hot water system. It makes the pump noisy, and I have no idea how to get it out.
badders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 10:29   #17
Hiren
mind control

Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.
Usaul work marlarky. Had a bout of random vomitting earlier this week. My 360 RROD again.

Aside from that everything else is actually going pretty well.
Old 28th Oct 2009, 10:31   #18
Lucy2005
Multimodder

Lucy2005 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
working in a factory with more polish and slovakians than us english who by the way get a full friggin month off over christmas n i cant get 1 single day off to spend with the kids only get christmas day and boxing day off! all for minimum wage, i have to work bank holidays and any overtime i do is minimum wage as well... oh i do get a crimbo bonus tho, wait for it... dun dun duuunnnnnnnnn £17! and im taxed on it lol, oh and theres no prospects to move my way up as my supervisor is younger than me and theres already someone that will get there job b4 i do. I wish i done better at school :cry:
Lucy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 10:50   #19
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy2005 View Post
I wish i done better at school :cry:
.... Erm... never mind. *mentally walks away*

Things will get better. Something better always comes up. Out of interest what sort of factory do you work in?

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2009, 10:51   #20
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Just need to move, then the quality of my life will improve by an unprecedented amount.

Tags
all about deadp1xels, evolution rules!, fml, job woes, life, mah commas!!, mild annoyance, minimum 95% whining, misery loves company, no cheese!, over 9000, qq, rant, rant rage rawr!!!, ruining, sad, say no to skimlinks, so mad right now, stress, sux to be me, thread, tyrandan, uni has the most posts, woe is me, women

View Mode