bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 11th Nov 2013, 13:12   #1
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
2014 MotoGP/WSBK/BSB Season thread

Well MotoGP 2014 officially starts today in Valencia with their first testing session for 2014

Crutchlow testing his new Pucati:

And a 'new bike' for Rossi. Quite how new is a good question!

And the first glimpse of Redding's MotoGP bike:

Some other random stuff:

Pramac Ducati have confirmed Yonny Hernandez is staying but on a non-factory Desmosedici, so will have 24 litres of fuel & control electronics

Old 11th Nov 2013, 13:55   #2
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
And the 2014 calendar is as follows:

23 Mar Qatar, Losail International Circuit (Evening race)
13 Apr Americas, Circuit of the Americas
27 Apr Argentina, Autódromo Termas de Rio Hondo
04 May Spain, Circuito de Jerez
18 May France, Le Mans Circuit
1 Jun Italy, Mugello Circuit
15 Jun Catalunya, Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
28 Jun Netherlands, TT Assen (Saturday race)
13 Jul Germany, Sachsenring
10 Aug Indianapolis GP, Indianapolis Motor Speedway
17 Aug Czech Republic, Automotodrom Brno
31 Aug Great Britain, Silverstone Circuit
14 Sep San Marino & Riviera di Rimini, Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
21 Sep Aragón, MotorLand Aragón
28 Sep Brazil, Brasilia - Subject to homologation
12 Oct Malaysia, Sepang International Circuit
19 Oct Japan, Twin Ring Motegi
26 Oct Australia, Phillip Island
09 Nov Valencia, Ricardo Tormo-Valencia
Old 11th Nov 2013, 20:23   #3
fix-the-spade
Hypermodder

fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That Desmo looks like it's going D:< as if it's yelling AAARGH I'VE GOT CAL CRUTCHLOW ON MY SHOULDERS! He's got his work cut out with that lump, the last person other than Casey Stoner to win on one was Loris Capirossi in 2007, that's so long ago Lorenzo was still in 250s!
fix-the-spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2013, 21:30   #4
mrlongbeard
Hypermodder

mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.
BT Sport
mrlongbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2013, 21:45   #5
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-the-spade View Post
That Desmo looks like it's going D:< as if it's yelling AAARGH I'VE GOT CAL CRUTCHLOW ON MY SHOULDERS! He's got his work cut out with that lump, the last person other than Casey Stoner to win on one was Loris Capirossi in 2007, that's so long ago Lorenzo was still in 250s!
Hah, it does sort of look like that! Speaking of Stoner - does anyone else see a bit of a similarity between his riding style few years ago and that of Marquez this season? The only thing that's different is that Marquez didn't shred his tyres and bin the Honda every time he started pushing hard like Stoner did on whatever he was riding the season he had all the crashes in - e-cookie for whoever can remember what machine and which season that was

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlongbeard View Post
BT Sport
This

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2013, 22:17   #6
bdigital
Is re-building his PC again

bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
Hah, it does sort of look like that! Speaking of Stoner - does anyone else see a bit of a similarity between his riding style few years ago and that of Marquez this season? The only thing that's different is that Marquez didn't shred his tyres and bin the Honda every time he started pushing hard like Stoner did on whatever he was riding the season he had all the crashes in - e-cookie for whoever can remember what machine and which season that was

This
I see the simularity. Dont forget though Marquez has crashed 15 times this season! Compared to JLs 3 times. Just that most were in free practice and hes already nearly on the floor when he looses it anyway

Check out my Apline White TJ07 - Case Mod and Water cooled build. http://www.flickr.com/photos/6188486...7631486959032/
bdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2013, 22:48   #7
fix-the-spade
Hypermodder

fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fix-the-spade is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Hah, it does sort of look like that! Speaking of Stoner - does anyone else see a bit of a similarity between his riding style few years ago and that of Marquez this season?
Marquez looks a lot more in control than Stoner does, he's not using the same 'hit the kerbs, bounce, hold the throttle open so you 'can't' fall over' technique that Stoner did, Stoner and Marquez on Ducatis is my dream line up, no one gets out without a heart attack!

#Edit, first day of 2014 testing, Aoyama on the new RCV1000 is faster than the ART Aprilia, Suter, FTR and Espargaro on the a Tech 3 Yamaha, I feel that should have some dramatic music.

Last edited by fix-the-spade; 11th Nov 2013 at 23:05.
Old 11th Nov 2013, 23:09   #8
Invictus.
Hypermodder

Invictus. has yet to learn the way of the DremelInvictus. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Am I the only one that really loves the matt black set up on those bikes? I much prefer them to the full coloured versions.. I also fail to kind of see the point in them, we all know the Yamaha will be blue, Duc red, Honda orange and white etc. So why run them matt black?
Invictus. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2013, 00:12   #9
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.
They do look good, but obviously they couldn't stay like that all season because the manufacturers and sponsors will want their colours on there when millions of fans are watching! The black probably has something to do with the pre-season test regulations and unfinalized sponsorship deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdigital View Post
I see the simularity. Dont forget though Marquez has crashed 15 times this season! Compared to JLs 3 times. Just that most were in free practice and hes already nearly on the floor when he looses it anyway
I know, 60 degrees of lean! Those tyres are

Quote:
Marquez looks a lot more in control than Stoner does
Agreed, well demonstrated on Sunday with that 130mph drift! What season was it that Stoner put it in the gravel so many times? I honestly can't remember :/

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2013, 00:45   #10
fix-the-spade
Hypermodder

Quote:
What season was it that Stoner put it in the gravel so many times? I honestly can't remember :/
His very first! 2006 on the Honda V5. Skip to 1.30 and watch a Honda die horribly!

Old 12th Nov 2013, 08:06   #11
RTT
#parp

Quote:

#Edit, first day of 2014 testing, Aoyama on the new RCV1000 is faster than the ART Aprilia, Suter, FTR and Espargaro on the a Tech 3 Yamaha, I feel that should have some dramatic music.
Old 12th Nov 2013, 17:50   #12
RTT
#parp

Double post but one of marquez today up to his usual tricks: http://youtube.com/watch?v=xJmZcVsGKlw

Fairly interesting watching practise earlier - Colin Edwards seemed to be having fun on his new yamaha powered bike and the customer honda bikes look seriously quick!
Old 13th Nov 2013, 15:04   #13
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.
[i2700K 4.5ghz][Asus Maximus Formula V][H100i][Matrix HD7970 Plat ][Corsair Vengeance pro 16GB RED 2133mhz][Creative Soundblaster z][120GB mushkin and Kingsten Hyper X ssd's][1TB Samsung EVO SSD][Corsair Carbide 540 air][Corsair sp2500 speaker, qpad QH90 Headphones][Corsair K70][Logitech G500S][Synology 212+][U2311 S2740L][nostromo n52te] [AX850 PSU corsair RED cables]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2013, 15:06   #14
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.

Bradl on the new one. Didn't think he would get it so soon.
[i2700K 4.5ghz][Asus Maximus Formula V][H100i][Matrix HD7970 Plat ][Corsair Vengeance pro 16GB RED 2133mhz][Creative Soundblaster z][120GB mushkin and Kingsten Hyper X ssd's][1TB Samsung EVO SSD][Corsair Carbide 540 air][Corsair sp2500 speaker, qpad QH90 Headphones][Corsair K70][Logitech G500S][Synology 212+][U2311 S2740L][nostromo n52te] [AX850 PSU corsair RED cables]
Old 13th Nov 2013, 16:37   #15
fix-the-spade
Hypermodder

Well if Brad keeps that up, 2015 works Yamaha.

But then I thought that about Crutchy.
Old 13th Nov 2013, 21:31   #16
wiby645
Multimodder

wiby645 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwiby645 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwiby645 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwiby645 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwiby645 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwiby645 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwiby645 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwiby645 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
bradl nearly didnt get a go on the 2014 spec because bautista crashed it in the morning. he only got about an hour on it after it got rebuilt.
smith really impressed me today, his comments about the 2014 yamaha were very positive too.
wiby645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Nov 2013, 22:01   #17
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Old 14th Nov 2013, 10:20   #18
bdigital

bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.
Im looking I to cover one of the motogp events abroad next year rather than Silverstone. Its not a guarentee because I dont get paid to take my photos....but if I can afford it im going for it.

Theres a voice in my head telling me to go rossi's home race before he retires...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Check out my Apline White TJ07 - Case Mod and Water cooled build. http://www.flickr.com/photos/6188486...7631486959032/
Old 14th Nov 2013, 10:22   #19
RTT
#parp

I decided this year that if next year the title goes down to the last race at Valencia, I'm going to skip Silverstone and do that instead. Assen/Mugello are good shouts for Rossi
Old 14th Nov 2013, 10:48   #20
bdigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTT View Post
I decided this year that if next year the title goes down to the last race at Valencia, I'm going to skip Silverstone and do that instead. Assen/Mugello are good shouts for Rossi
Yeah I was thinking Mugello (Assuming that is his home round). Just thought it would be a great place to get photos of the doctor if its his last season.

I would also be tempted by brno, valencia, laguna seca. But lots of research is needed to find out which tracks are good for spectator photography

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

View Mode