bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 13th Jan 2016, 13:54   #1
Snubbs
CustomPC Migration victim....

Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Robot Wars - ITS BACK

6 episodes, 60minutes long.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/lat...t-wars-returns

Will be interesting to see where this goes & who presents!
Old 13th Jan 2016, 13:58   #2
thom804
Banned

thom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
My money's on Brian Cox!

And by God, they better resurrect Razer! That thing was an absolute beast!
thom804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2016, 13:58   #3
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
They should make a rule - no flippers.

NCase M1 - 5820k @4.3Ghz - H105 - GTX 980ti - ASRock X99e ITX/ac - 16GB DDR4 - 3x SSD - 600w SFX - 29" Ultrawide - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Quickfire TK - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog - Oculus Rift
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2016, 14:29   #4
RedFlames
... is plotting and/or scheming

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thom804 View Post
And by God, they better resurrect Razer! That thing was an absolute beast!

When it worked... though it was by far my favourite entrant [partly because it wasn't a flipper]...

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2016, 14:48   #5
mrbungle
Undercooked chicken giver

mrbungle is a Super Spamming Saiyanmrbungle is a Super Spamming Saiyanmrbungle is a Super Spamming Saiyanmrbungle is a Super Spamming Saiyanmrbungle is a Super Spamming Saiyanmrbungle is a Super Spamming Saiyanmrbungle is a Super Spamming Saiyanmrbungle is a Super Spamming Saiyanmrbungle is a Super Spamming Saiyanmrbungle is a Super Spamming Saiyanmrbungle is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
Or Robots which split in two.

That was lame
Old 13th Jan 2016, 14:48   #6
legoman
breaker of things

legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.
Razor was excellent, loads more options now though with motors being more powerful and miniaturisation.
Brian Cox would be brilliant, mind you so would Brian Blessed!
Old 13th Jan 2016, 14:51   #7
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Brian Blessed hosting would be the best ****ing thing ever!
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2016, 14:53   #8
thom804
Banned

thom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Razor was excellent, loads more options now though with motors being more powerful and miniaturisation.
Didn't even think about motor standards nowadays. IE2 wasn't even a standard when Robot Wars was on originally. Now we're up to IE3 efficiency, could make for some ultra powerful machines

You could probably fit a 22kw borehole pump motor into the dimensional requirements. Spin a tungsten carbide disc at 2900rpm with that power behind it? Not much is going to stand against that.
Old 13th Jan 2016, 15:00   #9
mrlongbeard
Ultramodder

mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.mrlongbeard is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snubbs View Post

Will be interesting to see where this goes & who presents!
Guy Martin FTW chief, you can keep your long haired scouser Cox
mrlongbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2016, 15:01   #10
goldstar0011
Mod Master

goldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
What about flying robots!?
Drones are common now.

VR controlled bots?

EMP's?

The options are endless these days!
Old 13th Jan 2016, 15:19   #11
thom804
Banned

And score! It's being filmed in Glasgow, get in!
Old 13th Jan 2016, 15:26   #12
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I just hope it's not the cheese-fest that the recent US Battlebot series was, there was more talking from the presenters in suits talking than actual bouts.
Old 13th Jan 2016, 15:32   #13
legoman
breaker of things

legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldstar0011 View Post
What about flying robots!?
Drones are common now.

VR controlled bots?

EMP's?

The options are endless these days!
Thats a point, plus more people have access to things like laser cutters....

*Edit* Get Colin Furze involved!

Last edited by legoman; 13th Jan 2016 at 15:42.
legoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2016, 15:44   #14
RedFlames

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thom804 View Post
My money's on Brian Cox!
It's BBC 2, if it's not Cox it'll probably be Dara O'Briain...

Old 13th Jan 2016, 15:58   #15
fix-the-spade
Mod Master

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
No Parge.
NO!

Say it again and you will be fed to Chaos 2.

Wheeley Big Cheese will be eating any leftovers.

They should however ban between match modifications. One year I remember a team welding a great big frame to their robot so it wouldn't fit down the pit. Should have been disqualified on the spot yet they went on to win...
Old 13th Jan 2016, 16:04   #16
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
id love to see the originals back tbh....

and id love to see them stick with the original formula of no ranged weapons ( like flamethrowers and the like )

Flipping robots will always cause some issues, part of me wants to see no flippers, but the TRUE flippers like Cassius, Firestorm and Choas 2 did make for some stellar moments

Like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-the-spade View Post
They should however ban between match modifications. One year I remember a team welding a great big frame to their robot so it wouldn't fit down the pit. Should have been disqualified on the spot yet they went on to win...
That was team tornato, it wasnt to prevent them from going in the pit, but to stop Razer from om nom noming it it was a MASSIVE dick move and i dont think Robot wars recovered from that ( plus all the sales to different channels )

My all time Favourite is Hypnodisk, ill never forget sitting down and watching its first match... that was back in the 3rd series where you could turn up with anything and could do fairly well... but the robots evolved quickly and Hypnodisk never really did live up to its expectations after that
Old 13th Jan 2016, 16:08   #17
RedFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-the-spade View Post
IIRC it was actually added to negate Razer's pincer weapon [as with the farme the pincer then couldn't reach the robot proper]... [again IIRC] They got away with it because their robot was 'Modular'... I thought it was shady at the time...

And Chaos II can get in the sea [when the creep who built it can... hated that guy...]

And Nemesis/Diotor was always lolworthy to watch... trying to predict when all that pink fur would catch fire...

Last edited by RedFlames; 13th Jan 2016 at 16:15.
Old 13th Jan 2016, 16:25   #18
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd

Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I loved this show, I hope they allow for more current tech on it.
Old 13th Jan 2016, 16:40   #19
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well i see Lipo batteries and 2.4Ghz controllers as a minimum 'upgrade' from the older robots.

just that will free up several KG from the old Car batteries most people used. not really sure what more current tech people can bring... i guess we will have to wait for the Team rules to be released before making speculations about what people could bring
Old 13th Jan 2016, 16:42   #20
wolfticket
Downwind from the bloodhounds

wolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It wouldn't surprise me if it's similar to/inspired by the recent revival of Battlebots on ABC in the US.

The Razer team entered that, but with a robot called Warhead.

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought."
Dorothy L. Sayers (1893 - 1957)
wolfticket is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle bots smell, robot wars it's wank

View Mode