bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 18th Jun 2010, 17:50   #1
Pookeyhead
It's big, and it's clever.

Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.
Anyone else excited about this? (Game of Thrones)

Clicky
MAIN RIG |Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHz ¦¦ H105 ¦¦ Asus Rampage IV Extreme ¦¦ 16Gb Mushkin DDR3 2133 ¦¦ 512GB Samsung 830 SSD ¦¦ 4TB of HDD Storage ¦¦ EVGA GTX980 Super-Clocked¦¦ Corsair 650D ¦¦ Eizo ColorEdge CG303W & Dell 2007FP ¦¦
EARTH| Celeron E3200 ¦¦ Gigabyte G31M-ES2L ¦¦ LSI SAS9260-8i ¦¦ 3TB RAID5 ¦¦ Headless - VNC administered
MOON | Thecus N3200pro 3TB RAID5
Pookeyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2010, 18:02   #2
NuTech
Mod Master

NuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run Crysis
My favourite series of books of all time, damn right I'm excited!

Now, if only GRRM would get a move on and finish the damn thing.
Old 18th Jun 2010, 18:08   #3
aradreth
Supermodder

aradreth can run Crysisaradreth can run Crysisaradreth can run Crysisaradreth can run Crysisaradreth can run Crysisaradreth can run Crysisaradreth can run Crysisaradreth can run Crysisaradreth can run Crysisaradreth can run Crysis
I love the books and hope the series can live up to them... But I would be more excited if the next book was coming out...
aradreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2010, 18:09   #4
Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.
I've only recently started reading them. I can't wait for this. Some of the casting I'm not so sure about, but should still be great.

It's a pity Brian Blessed is so old... that's how I saw Robert... as Brian Blessed in the first Black Adder series
MAIN RIG |Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHz ¦¦ H105 ¦¦ Asus Rampage IV Extreme ¦¦ 16Gb Mushkin DDR3 2133 ¦¦ 512GB Samsung 830 SSD ¦¦ 4TB of HDD Storage ¦¦ EVGA GTX980 Super-Clocked¦¦ Corsair 650D ¦¦ Eizo ColorEdge CG303W & Dell 2007FP ¦¦
EARTH| Celeron E3200 ¦¦ Gigabyte G31M-ES2L ¦¦ LSI SAS9260-8i ¦¦ 3TB RAID5 ¦¦ Headless - VNC administered
Old 18th Jun 2010, 18:20   #5
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Yes. Yes I am.
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
GreatOldOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2010, 10:44   #6
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Winter is coming

"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
Old 24th Aug 2010, 20:22   #7
fathazza
Freed on Probation

fathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuTech View Post
My favourite series of books of all time, damn right I'm excited!

Now, if only GRRM would get a move on and finish the damn thing.
Snap, ive had my preorder in for the next book in since 2008 :@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeyhead View Post
I've only recently started reading them. I can't wait for this. Some of the casting I'm not so sure about, but should still be great.

It's a pity Brian Blessed is so old... that's how I saw Robert... as Brian Blessed in the first Black Adder series
I actually think Mark Addy is going to be pretty good. There is some advert on tv he is in at the moment (Tesco?) where he looks pretty much how i imagine robert, eg, strong chap gone to fat...

Cant wait for this to come out, tho i think it will be on sky and i dont have it :'(

I may be fat but at least I am not Ginger
"The President is no longer a cross-eyed Texan warmonger, unelected, inarticulate, who epitomises the arrogance of American foreign policy" - Boris Johnson
fathazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2010, 20:52   #8
Pookeyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathazza View Post

Cant wait for this to come out, tho i think it will be on sky and i dont have it :'(
Most stuff on HBO gets to DVD pretty fast, so don't worry.
Old 25th Aug 2010, 06:54   #9
hyder
horrible horrible horrible

hyder has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhyder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It gets to the internet quicker
Old 25th Aug 2010, 09:19   #10
Pookeyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyder View Post
It gets to the internet quicker
Well... quite.

I reckon Sky will pick it up pretty quickly though, so while you don't have it you must know someone who does and can record it for you.
Old 25th Aug 2010, 10:09   #11
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

No doubt about it. Sky bought all of HBO's output for the forseeable future, so it'll be definatly on sky.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcas...hbo-shows.html

I just worry that as it'll be classed as 'event tv' they might try and squeeze the subscribers a bit more and stick in Sky Box Office PPV - like they did with The Pacific.
- Carl Sagan

Old 10th Sep 2010, 22:00   #12
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2010/09...-sunday-night/

- Carl Sagan

Old 13th Sep 2010, 16:42   #13
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

- Carl Sagan

Old 13th Sep 2010, 17:33   #14
fathazza
Freed on Probation

fathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
thats looking pretty good....

kept on expecting the crow to go "corn"

I may be fat but at least I am not Ginger
"The President is no longer a cross-eyed Texan warmonger, unelected, inarticulate, who epitomises the arrogance of American foreign policy" - Boris Johnson
fathazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2010, 18:10   #15
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
i was expecting the crow to explode
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2010, 18:16   #16
Pookeyhead

I can't ****ing wait for this.

I have a feeling however, it will either be the most epic thing in the last 10 years, or suck balls totally. No middle ground.
Old 13th Sep 2010, 18:30   #17
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So different Raven then
Old 13th Sep 2010, 20:08   #18
Barracuda_00
Supermodder

Barracuda_00 has yet to learn the way of the DremelBarracuda_00 has yet to learn the way of the DremelBarracuda_00 has yet to learn the way of the DremelBarracuda_00 has yet to learn the way of the DremelBarracuda_00 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I´m really looking forward to this, been hooked on the books for a long time :P
Barracuda_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2010, 12:37   #19
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

From EW via SFX:

Not sure who these two are - Bran & Jon?

I'm guessing this is Tyrion, Catelyn & Bronn at the Eyrie:

Ned "I'm a bloody Yorkshireman, not Boromir" Stark, and Master Pycelle?

Boo, Hiss - Jaimie Lanister:

Robert & Ned?

Daenerys:
- Carl Sagan

Old 19th Nov 2010, 13:10   #20
Zoon
Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatOldOne View Post
Daenerys:
I've never heard of this before, ever, but now I want to watch it
Zoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode