bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 29th Aug 2014, 19:54   #1
Captain Haddock
Blistering Barnacles

Captain Haddock is definitely a rep cheat.Captain Haddock is definitely a rep cheat.Captain Haddock is definitely a rep cheat.Captain Haddock is definitely a rep cheat.Captain Haddock is definitely a rep cheat.Captain Haddock is definitely a rep cheat.Captain Haddock is definitely a rep cheat.Captain Haddock is definitely a rep cheat.Captain Haddock is definitely a rep cheat.Captain Haddock is definitely a rep cheat.Captain Haddock is definitely a rep cheat.
Canadian Lancaster Airshows

For those of you attending airshows this weekend the Canadian Lancaster V-RA ('Vera') will not be attending due to the failure of the starboard inner engine (BBC News) and is currently in the hanger at Durham Teeside Airport.

The Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre (home of 'Just Jane') are shipping one of their flight certified Merlin engines to Durham to replace the failed engine on 'Vera'.

Hopefully the weekend engine replacement will go without any problems and 'Vera' will back on flying duties next week.
Captain Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2014, 22:12   #2
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.
Yes, know about this and highly upset. Will be at Bournemouth tomorrow although i have seen both while at Eastbourne. The last time both will be in my area of the woods will be for Goodwood Revival.

Sam

The Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, SB i3 2350m, 8GB DDR3, 256GB 830 SSD, Intel 6235 Wifi N/BT 4.0, Dell 5550 3G/GPS
The Server: Phenom 2 x6, 8GB DDR3, 3TB Seagate, 2TB WD Green, 2*1TB Samsung F1
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2014, 23:48   #3
RedFlames
Bringer of Meh

RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.
Luckily I managed to see it fly overhead when it was on it's way to that do at Durham Tees Valley Airport...

But given the age of it the fact it flies at all is probably a minor miracle, look at the Vulcan and the ballache they have trying to keep that airborne/airworthy

RedFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2014, 11:37   #4
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.
Managed to get this at Dunsfold last weekend:-

IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2014, 02:23   #5
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
The Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre (home of 'Just Jane') are shipping one of their flight certified Merlin engines to Durham to replace the failed engine on 'Vera'.
They sourced a replacement engine from BBMF in the end due to logistics. Glad they didn't use any spares from Just Jane as she needs ever spare she has if return to flight is going to happen.
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2014, 09:44   #6
phuzz
This is a title

phuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for president
So jealous you got to see them both. Me and a couple of friends almost made a three hour detour on our way to a festival last week to see both lanc's and the Vulcan do a flypast, but in the end it was just a bit too far out of the way.
Still, we did get to see XH558 a few times over the weekend, nothing like sitting in a field getting toasted with your mates, watching a Vulcan fly around
phuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2014, 10:02   #7
Cookie Monster
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm gutted that they are not coming past Newcastle, if I drove I would have been to one of these shows. The Lancaster is my favourite plane (probably from watching the Dam Busters as a child) and the Vulcan just wowed me when I saw one parked up at an air craft museum aged maybe 8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2014, 12:13   #8
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
I'm gutted that they are not coming past Newcastle, if I drove I would have been to one of these shows. The Lancaster is my favourite plane (probably from watching the Dam Busters as a child) and the Vulcan just wowed me when I saw one parked up at an air craft museum aged maybe 8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you're lucky, you might be able to see it being nailed back together at Durham Tees Valley airport today.
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:38   #9
badders
Neuken in de Keuken

badders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuzz View Post
So jealous you got to see them both. Me and a couple of friends almost made a three hour detour on our way to a festival last week to see both lanc's and the Vulcan do a flypast, but in the end it was just a bit too far out of the way.
Still, we did get to see XH558 a few times over the weekend, nothing like sitting in a field getting toasted with your mates, watching a Vulcan fly around
We went to Wrests Park last weekend - saw the Lancasters do a flyover, and then saw the Vulcan as we were leaving. Very impressive!
badders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lancaster

View Mode