bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 29th Dec 2012, 10:50   #10001
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideNeil View Post
I've experienced similar issues myself ( trying to log into paypal or ebay from a different PC throws up warning messages about not being at my PC ) Good & bad really, the good being that it prevents a scammer or thief trying to buy items with your card / ebay / paypal details from a different location ( the bad you already know )...
I can see that mate, although there is a difference between trying to buy jewelry in a shop in South Africa while trying to pay for a meal in Japan (that happened to one of my cards years ago) and trying to purchase a digital download linked to your UK address, UK email, UK paypal and is only accessible by that purchaser.

Tsk. Not such a world wide web.
adidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Dec 2012, 10:55   #10002
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidan View Post
A job doesn't define a person's worth. Quite the opposite I've found, many with 'good' jobs are complete knobs as humans.

Often I think some people are so scared about being out of a job, the only thing they have that they feel defines them, that they are openly aggressive about those without jobs.

You're not worthless mate, nor a loser. In fact coping with not having work and the security it can bring is one of the hardest day to day things many have to do.
I spent two years out of work and it does get to you, it's one of the single hardest moments in anyones life to have to deal with no money or feeling worthless. I lost sleep with worry, lots of self loathing and tears.

I pulled myself together with help from friends and family.

You can do it my friend!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
At least you'll have moisturised gums!
MrDomRocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Dec 2012, 11:32   #10003
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDomRocks View Post
I spent two years out of work and it does get to you, it's one of the single hardest moments in anyones life to have to deal with no money or feeling worthless. I lost sleep with worry, lots of self loathing and tears.

I pulled myself together with help from friends and family.

You can do it my friend!!
Yup, been there and done that myself mate. TBH it was more tiring than working, constantly trawling for jobs and sending off CVs, attending interviews and starting again.

Add the associated stresses of money, self esteem hits and lack of sleep that comes with that, well, I don't wish it on anybody.
Old 29th Dec 2012, 12:16   #10004
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Yup, been there and done that myself mate. TBH it was more tiring than working, constantly trawling for jobs and sending off CVs, attending interviews and starting again.

Add the associated stresses of money, self esteem hits and lack of sleep that comes with that, well, I don't wish it on anybody.
I was lucky I met my now ex girlfriend and she picked me up off the floor. I got a job a few weeks later and then bought this pc.

I have spent six months this year unemployed. And currently work for a large supermarket. Temp to Perm though reduced hours in the new year.
Quote:
Old 29th Dec 2012, 19:00   #10005
adidan
CPC_refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDomRocks View Post
Temp to Perm though reduced hours in the new year.
Reduced hours, but reduced more secure hours. That has to be good eh?
Old 29th Dec 2012, 19:09   #10006
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Reduced hours, but reduced more secure hours. That has to be good eh?
Oh yes for sure which is always a good thing. Plus plenty of chance to pick up more shifts and also I can claim working tax credits.
Quote:
Old 30th Dec 2012, 01:41   #10007
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.
Just got news a friends family member has cancer, its distant to me but his family was so nice to me when i was a kid i considered them like a second family

Also on smaller scales:

My friends picked the NYE costume theme even though they said "WE NEED TO MEET UP TO DECIDE A THEME" which actually was "we will forgot to invite you and decide it anyway"

Hey thats fine but atleast pick a theme thats achieveable in 12 hours... its this... i can't even say it

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...wonderland.jpg

YES your eyes are not decieving you... i've been waiting a week for them to basically tell me "You might aswell have got any other costume in this time"

I work tommorow and NYE so i have approximately 12 hours of free time to get this done if i squeeze every little second

Last edited by DeadP1xels; 30th Dec 2012 at 01:59.
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2012, 02:04   #10008
Fly
inter arma silent leges

Fly has yet to learn the way of the DremelFly has yet to learn the way of the DremelFly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
my ex-wife to be.
Old 30th Dec 2012, 07:51   #10009
Andersen
Umpteen to the elfteeth

Andersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Someone leaked the not-so-easily-guessed password of my mumble server. As a fix it got changed and I banned a whole tectonic plate.

Looking at you India.

On the upside: I stalked someone in DayZ while bleeding heavily and constantly growled "brains" via direct. Fun.
Samsung SF510 | Acer Iconia A1-810 | Samsung Galaxy S III LTE | Asus RT-AC66U | 100/10Mbps VDSL2
Andersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2012, 21:51   #10010
teacherboy
Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

teacherboy is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitteacherboy is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitteacherboy is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitteacherboy is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitteacherboy is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitteacherboy is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitteacherboy is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitteacherboy is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitteacherboy is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitteacherboy is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitteacherboy is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Removing wallpaper - specifically woodchip wallpaper that has been on the walls for probably 20 years.

When it comes off it takes half the plaster off the wall with it so tomorrow I have to go to a DIY store and buy lotsa stuff to fix the walls and move on with finishing the job.
teacherboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2012, 23:03   #10011
Panomama
I once signed up on uniform dating

Panomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for president
Project X type house party cancelled for NYE.
Looks like ill be at home
Old 30th Dec 2012, 23:18   #10012
kol
Supermodder

kol has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkol has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkol has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkol has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkol has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Missed the birth of my twins due to the winter vomiting bug. Has to be the worst feeling ever

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 30th Dec 2012, 23:20   #10013
suragh
Derp

suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.
Still waiting for my AC3 code from Samsung... dang it!
Old 31st Dec 2012, 22:25   #10014
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Visited my grandpa the other day. He's in a nursing home now with alzheimer's and just had heart surgery. He didn't really say much and I don't really know how he is as far his mental state. I don't really have a lot to say about the experience but I've just been really bummed ever since.

The whole dying thing has been on my mind a lot lately.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2012, 22:33   #10015
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
2012, in a nutshell! Just 2 hours 27 minutes left of the fcuker .
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2012, 23:11   #10016
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Home alone on New Year's Eve. Again.

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2012, 23:17   #10017
lp rob1
PAM says no...

lp rob1 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlp rob1 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlp rob1 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlp rob1 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlp rob1 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlp rob1 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlp rob1 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlp rob1 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlp rob1 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlp rob1 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlp rob1 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You will never be alone with the bit-tech community, azrael.
Old 1st Jan 2013, 00:55   #10018
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp rob1 View Post
You will never be alone with the bit-tech community, azrael.
Awww... Thanks!

I guess this should be posted in the "What currently makes your life awesome" thread instead.

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2013, 01:10   #10019
Andersen
Umpteen to the elfteeth

Andersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitAndersen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Forgot to close a pocked to sleet might have destroyed my phone. HTC WF S isn't that expensive but going through insurance hell is mentally expensive.
Samsung SF510 | Acer Iconia A1-810 | Samsung Galaxy S III LTE | Asus RT-AC66U | 100/10Mbps VDSL2
Andersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2013, 10:36   #10020
mars-bar-man
Side bewb.

mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.
The astronomical dent in my wallet after last night..

Sent from the Starship Enterprise

Tags
all about deadp1xels, evolution rules!, fml, job woes, life, mah commas!!, mild annoyance, minimum 95% whining, misery loves company, no cheese!, over 9000, qq, rant, rant rage rawr!!!, ruining, sad, say no to skimlinks, so mad right now, stress, sux to be me, thread, tyrandan, uni has the most posts, woe is me, women

View Mode