bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 2nd Nov 2009, 13:13   #101
Combinho
Ten kinds of awesome

Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The fact that I've been grumpy as hell over the past few weeks, and because of this, the fact that it feels like I'm pushing away all the friends I've made since I started uni. Yay! Happiness!

That, and the formative assessment on Tuesday, which I still haven't done any work for.
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 13:36   #102
bodkin
Overheating

bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Just got my first reply from uni, unsuccessful
bodkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 13:37   #103
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Despite not wanting to enter the depression thread....

That my car, which has never drunk any oil in the past, is chugging it down...and there is a oily film on top of the coolant in the expansion tank. Speaking of which the coolant has dropped a tad aswell...

And that I was projecting a new car next year, but depending on the cost of the repairs, might have to be a lot sooner.

(On saying that I'm hoping it'll be something minor but y'know)
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 21:18   #104
capnPedro
Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooxy View Post
That my car, which has never drunk any oil in the past, is chugging it down...and there is a oily film on top of the coolant in the expansion tank. Speaking of which the coolant has dropped a tad aswell...)
I'm no expert, but... cylinder head gasket?

I <3 Aquatuning & Enermax long time!
capnPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 23:01   #105
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnPedro View Post
I'm no expert, but... cylinder head gasket?
I'm praying it's not. If it is, I might get a new car ahead of the planned time. As it's been said before in various places - it's all good replacing the head gasket, but finding what made it blow is the expensive part...
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 02:38   #106
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
hows about your best mate bagging the girl you've had ur eye on for three months? classic.
| Main Rig | TJ07B-W | 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 8GB Corsair Vengance | EVGA FTW 670 @ 1305Mhz | Samsung 830 128GB |1TB Samsung F3 | EK Supremacy CSQ | EK FC680 CSQ | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 02:52   #107
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crompers View Post
hows about your best mate bagging the girl you've had ur eye on for three months? classic.
Don't sweat it. That's what friends are for. I went to wake up my friend once and found him curled up with my girlfriend at the time.
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 02:58   #108
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Contract recruiter who threw away my resume and blew me off for a job I was more than qualified to fill. A Unix postion. I have 28 years of Unix and Linux experience. I was doing Unix before it was released to the public. I'm gonna have to rectify this boys opinion.minimum wage recruiter screwed me over. Director of company says "We missed the time frame" No squat! LORD I want to face him! I'll take his job since he can't do it!
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 09:38   #109
Zoon
Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The asshole in my apartment complex who reversed into my car on sunday between 00:01 and 23:59 without leaving a note.

The overtime I'm working at the moment for christmas money won't even cover it.

So no repair, and no christmas
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 09:52   #110
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I just found out that someone in this university teaches Second Life.

I almost want to know how, exactly, one teaches a course on Second Life..
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 10:14   #111
capnPedro
Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
A Unix postion. I have 28 years of Unix and Linux experience. I was doing Unix before it was released to the public.
I know you've done a lot in your time, John, but this is some damn fine acting...

I <3 Aquatuning & Enermax long time!
capnPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 15:19   #112
bodkin
Overheating

bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
I just found out that someone in this university teaches Second Life.

I almost want to know how, exactly, one teaches a course on Second Life..
Can you ask him if I can have a place
bodkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 15:48   #113
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Reading all the 'but my life is so awesam!' posts in this thread - stuff it up your bloody jumper, you smug *******s.

This thread is for the depressed and lonely.

Old 3rd Nov 2009, 16:35   #114
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Don't sweat it. That's what friends are for. I went to wake up my friend once and found him curled up with my girlfriend at the time.
haha i know its not the first time its happened to me, tbh now im in my mid-twenties im much more philosophical about it.

just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and wait for the next crock of **** to hit you in the face
| Main Rig | TJ07B-W | 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 8GB Corsair Vengance | EVGA FTW 670 @ 1305Mhz | Samsung 830 128GB |1TB Samsung F3 | EK Supremacy CSQ | EK FC680 CSQ | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 20:13   #115
TheMusician
Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

TheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
welcome, brigirgra.

Just in: I have to read over 100 pages of Crime & Punishment today and a four-page packet on Hamilton's Federalist Papers and finish a packet on the Molecular Basis of Inheritance.

Having five APs is great fun.
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 23:08   #116
Sir Digby
The Supprising Adventures

Sir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run Crysis
I've been having a wonderful time with hardware this week:
  • Upgrading the Ubuntu 9.10 stopped sound working in Ubuntu.
  • My laptop charger is broken, although fairly easy to fix I think.
  • Now something serious has died in my computer leaving me with severely artifacting graphics before posting and in all OS's - I'm actually hoping that it's the graphics card that's broken as there shouldn't be a problem getting a replacement for that.
Sir Digby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2009, 23:15   #117
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Digby View Post
Now something serious has died in my computer leaving me with severely artifacting graphics before posting and in all OS's - I'm actually hoping that it's the graphics card that's broken as there shouldn't be a problem getting a replacement for that.
sounds like it might be the vram thats gone pop or a loose heatsink causing mem chips to overheat.
Gunsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2009, 23:27   #118
TheMusician
Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

TheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodkin View Post
Just got my first reply from uni, unsuccessful
sorry, man.

Last edited by TheMusician; 7th Jul 2010 at 00:47.
TheMusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2009, 23:31   #119
dragontail
5bet Bluffer

dragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMusician View Post
congrats!
/sarcasm
Fixed. :P
Old 4th Nov 2009, 23:47   #120
Sir Digby
The Supprising Adventures

Sir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
sounds like it might be the vram thats gone pop or a loose heatsink causing mem chips to overheat.
I figured as much, although it's niggling me that it might be the motherboard. Testing that tomorrow. At least if it's the graphics card it's an EVGA so RMA shouldn't be a problem.
Sir Digby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all about deadp1xels, evolution rules!, fml, job woes, life, mah commas!!, mild annoyance, minimum 95% whining, misery loves company, no cheese!, over 9000, qq, rant, rant rage rawr!!!, ruining, sad, say no to skimlinks, so mad right now, stress, sux to be me, thread, tyrandan, uni has the most posts, woe is me, women

View Mode