bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 31st Jul 2014, 20:52   #1
Pookie
I Can Use The 3 Sea Shells

Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.Pookie is definitely a rep cheat.
Request for a job reference.

Below is the email sent to my wife today. Young lad of 17 her company had to let go after things not working out. Adding stuff to peoples drink was a favourite ! Enjoy.......

I checked my emails today and it seems I have not yet received a reference from you perhaps you wrote my email down incorrectly, so therefore I would like you to reply with the reference as an attachment I would really really really really really really really really really really really really would love to finally receive it so I hope you read your emails unlike answering your mobile phone though I understand your busy (hmmm.......) things are going better for me personally than working for *********, i've decided to change career paths because I don't want to spend the next 50 years just typing databases, answering phonecalls and being nice to the people I work with but In fact dislike completely, I want to do something rewarding with my life so i'm going to decline your offer of coming back but honestly I really hated working there so it wasn't the hardest desicion to make in the world, i'm currently working at the moment things are going really well there I enjoy being around my work colleagues plus no one has accused me of trying to drug their coffee but hey no one is that paranoid are they???, Overall can you please please please please please send me the reference I will be most grateful thankyou.
Fractal R4/ GA-X58A-UD3R / i7 920@3.8Ghz / Corsair H60 (2013 Model) with 2 x Corsair SP120 / Corsair Force GT 120 SSD /Sapphire R9 290X / 12GB (3x4GB)Corsair Dominator 1600mhz with Airflow Kit / AOC i2757fm 27" IPS Monitor/ Razer Lachesis.
Rotel RA-02 Amplifier/ B&W DM601 S3/ QED XT350 With Airlock plugs/All QED Interconnects.

http://www.compucare.co.uk/
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2014, 21:26   #2
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD not a Modarator /Staff

Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.
So did the wife give him reference then? lol

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI,4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2014, 21:34   #3
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
"XYZ was a valuable asset to our company in his time here. I don't know how we would've gotten on without his brutal honesty!"
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2014, 21:44   #4
flame696
Terminating People Since 1980....

flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.
Was that you kid? It sound like you would do something like that
flame696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2014, 21:50   #5
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Ah yes, but the key there is would do. Sadly, nowhere has given me the chance to yet.
Old 31st Jul 2014, 21:54   #6
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.
"As passive-aggressive, obnoxiously immature teenagers with a narcissistic sense of overentitlement go, you will not find a more sublime example than XYZ. The generous size of his ego and the multitude of character flaws more than compensates for the minuteness of his talent, professionalism and dedication. I would strongly recommend him for any position that carries a high occupational health hazard and risk of injury or death. To facilitate his premature demise would be a community service that contributes to the betterment of humankind."

Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2014, 21:59   #7
Nealieboyee
Packaging Master!

Nealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for presidentNealieboyee should be considered for president
Did anyone else notice that the only full stop (period) was at the end of the paragraph (if you can call that a paragraph)?

I would be embarassed just knowing that email came from me, and not because of the drugging, pleading and obnoxious behaviour, but because of the grammar/punctuation alone.
Old 31st Jul 2014, 22:12   #8
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
"As passive-aggressive, obnoxiously immature teenagers with a narcissistic sense of overentitlement go, you will not find a more sublime example than XYZ. The generous size of his ego and the multitude of character flaws more than compensates for the minuteness of his talent, professionalism and dedication. I would strongly recommend him for any position that carries a high occupational health hazard and risk of injury or death. To facilitate his premature demise would be a community service that contributes to the betterment of humankind."
Thanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealieboyee View Post
Did anyone else notice that the only full stop (period) was at the end of the paragraph (if you can call that a paragraph)?

I would be embarassed just knowing that email came from me, and not because of the drugging, pleading and obnoxious behaviour, but because of the grammar/punctuation alone.
Agreed. I could only take small solace in thinking that he just didn't care now that he'd gone anyway.
Old 31st Jul 2014, 22:19   #9
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Thanks?
Don't say I never give you anything.

Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2014, 22:39   #10
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD not a Modarator /Staff

Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.Teelzebub is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
I've had worse or should I say better

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI,4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2014, 23:49   #11
Anfield
Supermodder

Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
The kid is 17 and in low level employment, no one will bother to ask for more than one reference, so why not just ask someone at the current job for one?

Pretty much the only explanation is that the working somewhere else now part is as real as dogshit flavoured M&Ms.
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:00   #12
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfield View Post

Pretty much the only explanation is that the working somewhere else now part is as real as dogshit flavoured M&Ms.
Ever tried the american manufactured ones?
Old Yesterday, 08:46   #13
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Best thing to do in this situation is just provide a statement of service.

Companies aren't strictly allowed to give a bad reference, but they can refuse to give a reference, which can be just as bad: in a previous company, we were contacted by someone wanting a reference for an ex-employee that we had sacked a couple of weeks before. We refused to give a reference because anything we said wouldn't be positive at all; the company phoned back five minutes later begging us to tell them why we refused to give a reference. Needless to say, we refused again.
Old Yesterday, 10:29   #14
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
The only references I've ever had were along the lines of "[name] was employed by [company] as [job title] between [start date] and [end date]"
Old Yesterday, 10:59   #15
Ljs
Limited Edition

Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.
Written references aren't really used now - employers just as for contact details and then email out a form in most cases.
Ljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:40   #16
MiNiMaL_FuSS
There be Cows.

MiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run Crysis
Firstly, reference requests should come from the potential employers, not from a former employee (i.e. the kid in question).

Secondly, from a legal stand point you should never volunteer anything in a reference you aren't directly asked for (i.e. the vast majority of companies will send check-box references asking specific questions or for specific ratings).

Thirdly, you are not allowed to give negative references - the way around this is to either refuse to give a reference of just issue a statement of employment: a simple dated reference that is considered by most employers to be a negative reference.

Finally, since the tories changed laws around employment tribunals a member of staff cannot take a company to tribunal for anything less than gross misconduct unless they have worked for that company for at least 2 years....so unless it was a very long work experience placement, I'd politely tell then that you do not feel comfortable giving them a reference.
Old Yesterday, 17:41   #17
MiNiMaL_FuSS
There be Cows.

MiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run CrysisMiNiMaL_FuSS can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
The only references I've ever had were along the lines of "[name] was employed by [company] as [job title] between [start date] and [end date]"
This is what I was referring to as a bad reference, if I see one of these the person definitely isn't getting the job!
Old Yesterday, 18:57   #18
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Then you're potentially losing out on some good employees - many companies, especially larger companies, will only provide statements of service and will respond to any reference request with a generic "we only provide SoS" statement. In a lot of these companies, individual managers are not allowed to provide references.

It's wrong to assume that any employee with a statement of service as a bad employee or the statement of service itself as a bad reference.
Old Yesterday, 20:46   #19
TheCherub
Hypermodder

TheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run CrysisTheCherub can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiMaL_FuSS View Post
This is what I was referring to as a bad reference, if I see one of these the person definitely isn't getting the job!
Not a good option. At the end of the day, writing an actual, meaningful reference takes time, and as an employer, there's absolutely no positive from doing it (unless you write a glowing reference about a **** employee that you'd like to get shot of). As such, a basic politeness reply and nothing more is the norm for a lot of companies.
TheCherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:28   #20
Ryu_ookami
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
no one has accused me of trying to drug their coffee but hey no one is that paranoid are they???.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
Overall can you please please please please please send me the reference I will be most grateful thankyou.
I can see the reference now

since Mr XYX left our employment both he and the flying pink unicorns have been sorely missed the coffee has also been rather lack luster. In conclusion ummmm yeah flying unicorns and dragons on unicycles dude
Ryu_ookami is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode