1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: The LRH (Living Room HTPC)--Currently Working, Update Made

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by monkey120101, 29 Oct 2009.

1. monkey120101

monkey120101 My right hand is a Dremel.

Hello again! Monkey120101 back again, and this time I'm going to design and build an HTPC consisting of mainly wood, what I have so far is the PSU, PSU bracket, wood, DVD drive, hard disks, motherboard tray, and a motherboard, ram, and cpus which I am unsure if they are fried or not, worst case scenario I upgrade to a dual core lga 775 for around $200 from the dual socket athlon mp's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 31 Oct 2009
  2. monkey120101

In the pictures is the old, clunky, and ugly media center. Additionally, it hasn't been booting (unsure as to whether the mobo is fried or not, I've been putting off trouble shooting it). It's a Dual CPU Athlon MP with an E-atx tyan thunder k7x pro mobo, I forget what GPU, 3.5 GBs of RAM, around 300 GB of HDD space, 500 watt psu (around there).

Edit: Forgot to mention, there's a total height limit of 15 cm exactly.

Last edited: 29 Oct 2009
  3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Anyone who does their planning with paper and pencil is my kinda modder. Permanent CAD.

Nothing wrong with 775 core 2 for HTPC I have one and am typing this from another one.

My Cooler Master ATCS 620C HTPC is 135mm tall so you are in good shape so far.

Mod on. I watch.

john

4. monkey120101

Haha thank you John, paper and pencil does the trick :thumb:

What form factor are you using? The challenging aspect in my case is an old clunky e-atx mobo with an obnoxiously high gpu. In my case, the base is 1.4 cm plywood, marked up and ready to cut for tomorrow, so that leaves little to no room for a top unless it's of metal. I'll probably update when I commence cutting. If I get lucky I'll get my hands on a vista or windows 7 media center edition (the least expensive one that actually has the windows media center program). The support is much appreciated :)

5. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Right now the CM 620C is running a VIA c7 reference boarrd that wasn't released. Quite similar to Everex gPC from Walmart but developer release. I'll measure it for mATX if you want.

6. monkey120101

Much appreciated, but I already have the motherboard tray for all of the reference holes. Speaking of which, I should be able to make some progress later today at around 3-4 pm EST, I'll probably cut the motherboard tray and/or the actual base of the pc. I have a jigsaw, but it's permanently bent (the angle of the cut) so I need to purchase another one, but that shouldn't impede progress on the mobo tray.

7. monkey120101

Made progress today, cut the main base, a small segment for the pci covers, and motherboard tray, I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]