bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 1st Nov 2009, 12:37   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Forza Motorsport 3 Review

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/xbox-...ort-3-review/1

Turn 10 is back with the latest instalment of Forza Motorsport. Forza 3 promises to build on Forza 2's great strides forwards and the result is one of the most well rounded driving games we've played to date.
Old 1st Nov 2009, 13:46   #2
gavomatic57
I Mod, Therefore I Own

gavomatic57 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelgavomatic57 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As you are reviewing large console game releases, how about an Uncharted 2 review...or indeed any PS3 game for that matter.
gavomatic57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2009, 13:46   #3
Yoy0YO
Lurky Lurker

Yoy0YO has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Far out! Thanks for the review!
My mate showed me Team BlackJack's drift video on youtube. Its simply ultra-realistically-amazing.
Old 1st Nov 2009, 14:26   #4
smc8788
potato

smc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavomatic57 View Post
As you are reviewing large console game releases, how about an Uncharted 2 review...or indeed any PS3 game for that matter.
They don't review in-house PS3 exclusives as Sony doesn't send them review code, only third-party developers do. Uncharted 2 doesn't really need a review anyway, since it's received near universal critical acclaim.
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2009, 16:11   #5
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

shigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysis
good review. think 9 is about spot on

the black jack vid is great
Old 1st Nov 2009, 17:11   #6
OWNED66
Multimodder

OWNED66 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i havent seen the review yet but like always bit-tech gives almost everything a 6 or 7 even if it was good game
OWNED66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2009, 17:12   #7
OWNED66
Multimodder

dayum a 9
sweet i think they fired the guy that gave 6s
Old 1st Nov 2009, 17:12   #8
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OWNED66
i havent seen the review yet but like always bit-tech gives almost everything a 6 or 7 even if it was good game
Why don't you actually bother reading it then?
Old 1st Nov 2009, 17:16   #9
OWNED66
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim S
Quote:
touchy
Old 1st Nov 2009, 17:27   #10
kempez
modding again!

kempez has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
touchy
Possibly because that was a ridiculous comment. Yeah it's a terrible thing that BT don't give all games dubious 9 scores isn't it?

Or maybe not ey? Maybe they actually score on merit? Jesus there's some stupid people around.
kempez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2009, 17:29   #11
OWNED66
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempez
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
touchy
Possibly because that was a ridiculous comment. Yeah it's a terrible thing that BT don't give all games dubious 9 scores isn't it?

Or maybe not ey? Maybe they actually score on merit? Jesus there's some stupid people around.
well after bt gave nfs a low score i lost all hope "__"
Old 1st Nov 2009, 17:57   #12
kempez
modding again!

kempez has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lol

it's all about opinions when it comes down to it. BT has a quite measured opinion of games. NFS is good but it's nit always for everyone.

I've got Forza 3 now. A good stop-gap whilst I wait for GR5
kempez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2009, 18:00   #13
dec
[blank space]

dec has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i hate that AI in racing games as of late. Just cause i move a car out of the way doesnt mean that car gets to dump me in the next lap. Its like the programmers knew about it and decided to put the rewind feature in, instead of fixing it. The only time they AL should dump you is if you dump them....
Old 1st Nov 2009, 22:09   #14
Locknload
Multimodder

Locknload has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Those pics look rendered to within an inch of their lives..........no video then?
If it looks remotely like that i will be getting my flexible friend out.
Locknload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2009, 22:10   #15
Locknload
Multimodder

Locknload has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's Visa, not Mr Pinky.
Locknload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 00:25   #16
Mister Slimm
What's a Dremel?

Mister Slimm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This review is inaccurate.

"Unlike the previous Forza games, you're no longer able to spend your way to winning. The new class system prevents you from entering cars that are ridiculously powerful compared to your opponents in the race."

Not quite accurate. A lot of races are not class-based (for instance Toyota versus Nissan and all-single-manufacturer races) and you can enter a car of any class into them.

"The amount of experience you receive after each race depends on the game difficulty setting you choose and the good thing is that there's a lot of depth in this part of the game."

This is completely wrong. It doesn't. Your XP earned is the same regardless of difficulty or assists. The amount of XP earned in the single-player game is, therefore, fixed and there is no XP reward for playing on harder settings. You earn more or less money, but money is meaningless as you get given dozens of amazing cars for free and never need to spend a single credit to win any race. Because money is meaningless there is absolutely no reward, other than personal satisfaction, to playing on hard. The only way to reduce the XP you get is by hiring an AI driver to do the race for you.

Oh yes, you can complete this game without doing Any. Racing. Yourself. It is a racing game where the racing part can be turned off and as the AI driver is completely non-interactive, there is no game part either. You just watch it.
Mister Slimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 00:27   #17
Mister Slimm
What's a Dremel?

Mister Slimm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locknload
Those pics look rendered to within an inch of their lives..........no video then?
If it looks remotely like that i will be getting my flexible friend out.
Those pictures do appear to be the promotional renders but the game really does look just about that good. It is a wonderfully crisp, incredible looking game.
Mister Slimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 05:24   #18
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Slimm View Post
This review is inaccurate.

"Unlike the previous Forza games, you're no longer able to spend your way to winning. The new class system prevents you from entering cars that are ridiculously powerful compared to your opponents in the race."

Not quite accurate. A lot of races are not class-based (for instance Toyota versus Nissan and all-single-manufacturer races) and you can enter a car of any class into them.

"The amount of experience you receive after each race depends on the game difficulty setting you choose and the good thing is that there's a lot of depth in this part of the game."

This is completely wrong. It doesn't. Your XP earned is the same regardless of difficulty or assists. The amount of XP earned in the single-player game is, therefore, fixed and there is no XP reward for playing on harder settings. You earn more or less money, but money is meaningless as you get given dozens of amazing cars for free and never need to spend a single credit to win any race. Because money is meaningless there is absolutely no reward, other than personal satisfaction, to playing on hard. The only way to reduce the XP you get is by hiring an AI driver to do the race for you.

Oh yes, you can complete this game without doing Any. Racing. Yourself. It is a racing game where the racing part can be turned off and as the AI driver is completely non-interactive, there is no game part either. You just watch it.
QFT.
Was about to mention the "[manufacturer] cup races" - try taking an M3 GTR tuned to R3 levels into the BMW cup... breaks the game...

As for the screenshots - photo mode DOES look that good.
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 10:16   #19
sc.uk^cRoSsFir3
Minimodder

sc.uk^cRoSsFir3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Agree with the review, it's a great game.

The only thing is being mainly a PC sim racer (GTL, RACE 07, Evo) i'm used to putting the AA and AF right up so there aren't any jagged lines so i'm noticing it a lot on the 360 (even though i'm using a HDMI cable etc)
sc.uk^cRoSsFir3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2009, 12:11   #20
Hg
The game known as life

Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Need to point gunsmith to this review, he loves his racing games but will never play this game as he hates the xbox, lol what a pitty as this is such a great game and dare i say it, is the new king of racers, GT5 will have a hard time to beat such a great title.
Trident- My first case mod, Project Log
Hg is offline   Reply With Quote