1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anyway to activate MW2 without Steam?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-23315, 10 Nov 2009.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I've got my PC copy of MW2, but can't register it becuase Steam can't get through the network firewalls...

Is there any known way of bypassing the steam registration, or am I asking to early, or can I register it using another computer??

2. October

October Mariachi Style

You can register it anywhere but the computer you want to play on will need to connect to Steam at some point. If you could take it somewhere with free access, register/update the game as needed then leave offline mode enabled it would be fine.

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

You can register it on another computer and then access it on any other but you will still have to log into Steam to be able to play it so if your firewalls don't allow that you're pretty much screwed.

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Meh, im gonna have to try and torrent a crack for it then..

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Failing all else, can someone find/reccomend a crack for it, and I'll borrow someones laptop and download it in Costa this afternoon.

6. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Mankz, you of all folks should know better :p

Could you use a VPN/Proxie in order to register?

Good luck with it though.

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Mankz, you saying you HAVE to have steam installed even in order to install the game?

Sam

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

^^ Yup. It has to run through steam. The entire thing installs through steam.

I can't find any ports in the firewall to run it through. I might have to get a train home with my PC under my arm, register it, then come back :p

9. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Mankz, bad news

You'll need to be connected to Steam to play the game, whatever whenever. just like Half Life 2, Just like Dawn of War 2.

Sorries :(

No way to install without steam either, as the game runs entirely through Steam, which is an online only portal really.

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I though you could play with steam in an offline mode?

GODDAM INFINITY WARD. EVIL GAMING TROLLS.

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I'm pretty sure I had to install steam before DOW2 would install (from disc)

12. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Baz take it your not up and running then yet? So no Bit-Tech multiplayer action on the go yet?

13. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Thanks Mankz for that, think i wont bother at all now, i wasn't at all bothered about the dedicated servers, as i only wanted to play sp, but forcing people to use Steam, what a load of tosh. Looks like i will be buying the xbox version earlier than planned.

Sam

14. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Finally got my copy (curse you Royal Fail)

Add me to your Steam Friends and i'll invite ya - Bazmataz

pimonserry likes this.
  15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Baz, I sent you a PM..

16. recoil-jay

recoil-jay Guest

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Last edited by a moderator: 21 Jan 2016
  17. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

You wouldn't believe the headache Harry and I have been having this morning with this.

In the end, I managed to install mainly through luck.

18. recoil-jay

recoil-jay Guest

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

19. Andre_B

Andre_B Minimodder

I installed my retail copy last night at 00:00 and had no issues. It activated in a couple of seconds. Could the servers maybe be overloaded?

20. recoil-jay

recoil-jay Guest