1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress PC-Beto ( 23-12-2011 - MOTY nomination!! )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by p0Pe, 24 Nov 2009.

1. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

hello bt! its time again!

PC-Beto

A big thanks goes out to the sponsors that have helped me out with hardware for this mod!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lets jump right into it. as usual i am modding an old used case!

the inspiration?

[​IMG]

the case, and plans.
    im going to watercool the system with a 3*140 mm radiator in front, and two pumps. as seen on the pics, the case is devided in 2 sections. the frame is going to be powdercoated in matte black.

[​IMG]

this is some of the evelopment of the cad drawings i made. the big round one on the left is going to be a window.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the finished drawings. the top drawings is going to be cut in foil, and the bottom one in green acrylic. since ac-ryan didnt reply on my mails, I found the same acrylic that they uses (for 1/4 the price) and will be using that.

[​IMG]

finished middle plate

[​IMG]

the middle plate is going to be bend around the frame, to give a smoother look

[​IMG]

the little room in the top will be sealed off, and most likely used for 2 harddrives.

[​IMG]

close up of the rad hole in the front

[​IMG]

on this pic, the foil looks quite thick, but it wont be

[​IMG]

the motherboard tray (yes, that old bucket have a removeable mobo tray!) is going to be made of 2 pieces of acrylic. black and green, and will look like this

[​IMG]

for pumps holders, i designed a bracket, that will fit on 140 mm fans to hold the ddc pumps. with rubber grommets, theese should reduce vibrations too, and the cold air from the fans will cool them down a bit.

[​IMG]

close up of the bracket.

hardware is yet to be decided. but for watercooling i will go for theese 2 for certain

2 ddc pumps
    HWLabs black ice gtx 420 radiator

soo.. hoped you enjoyd this little start of my new project though it almost only consists of renders. more WILL come:rock:. (already got a lil´ testplate cut out to play with;) )

-p0Pe

Last edited: 23 Dec 2011
  2. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

hmm, might be just me but I cant see any pictures :\

EDIT: nvm, my workplace blocks your image host :doh

3. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I see the pics and they are grrrrreat! :thumb:

Should be interesting to see how this turns out.

4. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Oi p0pe. So, what is this? You post something in a worklog and then I post something in mine right afterwards? ;)

No, seriously, this is looking good!

Oh, and "folie" is a danish word. I believe the english term would be "foil". Or that's perhaps the american term? Can't remember...

5. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thanks all:D

nutman, guess denmark is on a streak with worklog output today then:p and thx for the foil correction!

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I kinda like it with the thick cut out layer. I'm sure the foil will be cool too. I've always liked circuit traces, but never had the urge to draw them out like this. You rule.:D

7. blt44

blt44 Long Time Lurker

This looks awesome. Can't wait to see you start constructing it!

8. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I love the idea behind this, consider me subscribed :)

9. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

haha thanks all:D and cheapskate, you wouldnt belive how many hours i put into thoose friggin drawings!

10. Xion X2

Xion X2 What's a Dremel?

I'd believe it!

Nice work. ;)

11. Sphering

Sphering What's a Dremel?

must agree with Cheaps, strange as that might seems to some, but curcuit traces are great. Was just admiring an old MSI mobo today. You know, one of the red ones ms-7037. The backside is really beautifull. This project is looking pretty as well.

Last edited: 24 Nov 2009
  12. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

hah:) yeah, i loved that theme for years now. so im really excited about building this thing:D

test panels sits behind me, and i just need to test how they bend lol. a little teaser

[​IMG]

i was out of green acrylic lol.. so you have to live with blue this time + the foil is a bit off xD

13. Nutman

MOAR!!!

14. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

haha nutman! not pics, but you can have this info:D

NEWSFLASH!
    Proud to say, that www.CoolBits.dk is now sponsoring products to the mod! so next week i should be getting something to test fit in the case!

some of the parts:
    more will come, when i get my act together and decide what hardware to use :D

2 x AC watertemperature sensors
    1 x HWLabs Black Ice GTX 420
    1 x Laing DDC-1T Plus
    1 x EK-DDC X-TOP rev.2 Acetal
    5 x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentFan XK1 (140mm, 11dBa)

i am still struggling with the thought about going dual loop, and throw a HWLabs gtx 280 in the bottom.

15. The Twisted One

The Twisted One What's a Dremel?

Dam nice idea , Ive often had a similar idea when i look at my MB . Plan looks primo . subed

16. Nutman

Sweet! What kind of sponsorship? Full sponsorship, or just chipping in? And what do you have to do to get that sponsorship?

Nice, I have the same parts. You got an Aquaero, too?

Since you're designing the case, won't you be able to fit 2 480 mm. rads in there? If the first one goes in the top, the second one should be able to go in the bottom? That way you'll also make sure that the same amount of air that goes in goes out again.....

17. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

i havent gotten an aquaero yet, since i need to clarify some things with it first:p it seems, that it doesnt have enough power for my needs sadly. so if the koolance tms board, have fixed its software faults, ill be grabbing one of them:D

and yes, i would be able to fit 480´s in the case, but a 420 performs better IIRC, and 140 mm fans simply just look cooler:rock: its go big or go home:D

18. Nutman

Sorry, I DID mean a 420 - I meant that if you're able to cram a 420 in the top (not sure if that's your plan or not) then you should be able to put one in the bottom aswell, and this would give you the same output as input. Not considering what other fans, you plan to put in there, of course.... (I noticed 3 fans in the front, cooling down each of the pumps?)

19. Nutman

Oh, and in regards to the Aquaero controlling the Laing pumps, try 3 of these:

http://www.vcore.dk/shop/ac-poweradjust-usb-909p.html

Or just buy 3 10W Laing DDCs and use one of these to control all of them simultaneously - but you lose some flexibility that way, however. And this makes me think about WHY you're chosing 3 pumps, when you only THINK about adding a second loop? Did you really plan to use 3 pumps for just one single loop? Seems kind of.... american?

20. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

do you have any idea of how long the 420 is:rock: wont fit the top of the case:D its only 41 cm long lol!
    regarding the air thing, then thats not one of my biggest concerns:p there is going to be 2 140 mm outtakes, and the psu. should be enough. and yes, the radiator is going to be in front where you see the 3 fans now:D

as for the pumps, ive changed my minds about having them there. and i will start out with one, and see if i go dual loop, or just huge single loop.

and in case you didnt notice my comment in the last post ill say it again: GO BIG OR GO HOME:D

as i once said, it aint overkill until something dies from it;)
    apriciate the comments:clap:
    next weekend, the mobo tray will be cut, and i hope to have most of my watercooling gear:D sorry for the lack of pics, but im going big updates this time, instead of small 3 pic updates:p

Edit:
    and i will most likely see if i can get my hands on the koolance tms-200 board, since it can handle much more than the aquaero.