bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 25th Nov 2009, 12:25   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Deus Ex 3 is Eidos and Square Enix joint effort

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...nix-joint-ef/1

Eidos and Square Enix are currently working together on Deus Ex 3.

This article has been updated since it was originally published.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter

Last edited by CardJoe; 26th Nov 2009 at 12:03.
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 12:27   #2
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Sounds pretty damn good to me! If they can lend even 10% of their FMV skills it'll be win.

It also sounds like they're pretty enthusiastic about making the game as good as possible, not just chopping it up into a console port like #2 (although the actual game was still pretty respectable, it just wasn't DE to me).
Old 25th Nov 2009, 12:51   #3
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
A PC exclusive... Now that's music to my ears.

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 12:55   #4
zelachang
Minimodder

zelachang has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm very hopeful that this will be able to hold a candle to the original. With Square-Enix doing the movies (awesome) and development focused ONLY on the pc (super awesome) and the fact that Eidos seems to be taking its time to get it right means this has a chance to be good. Do it well and you have my money eidos+square!
zelachang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 12:58   #5
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
Let's just hope they don't use a leona lewis song for the theme tune again >.>
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 13:08   #6
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I am praying to every god I can find that this game is at least close to as good as the first one.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 13:29   #7
kosch
Trango in the Mango

kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.
Even though there isnt much up about this game yet the official Deus Ex 3 forums are always awash with new posts. Some good info over there.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=252
kosch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 13:39   #8
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

Christof_II has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
glad to hear there going back to a more complex game like the first one DX:IW was way too consolified

Ipsa scientia potestas est
Christof_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 13:41   #9
okenobi
Ultramodder

okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael- View Post
A PC exclusive... Now that's music to my ears.
This ^^, is fundamental to my (albeit veiled in cynicism) excitement about this announcement. I don't need it to be as good as the original. IMHO it would be difficult to replicate the classic status of the original. I just would like a game to look forward to and really enjoy and a 24hr playing time would be nice. All the console bollocks of the last couple of years has not endeared itself to me.
okenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 13:41   #10
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Great! Now you will be able to fire missiles through your eyes be means of augumentation in Deus Ex, and in thief you will carry a saw sword that is double you size wich you'll be able to throw and make an entire castle fall apart. Untill of course you find a boss that is related to you somehow that have a sword two times bigger than yours that can end the world if it falls on the floor.
All this because you didn't find the ULTIMATE BAD BOSS that is ten times worst...

In THAT game. Wait to see the next one!

Have you noticed I hate manga cliches?...
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 13:45   #11
ChaosDefinesOrder
Vapourmodder

ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemerich
Great! Now you will be able to fire missiles through your eyes be means of augumentation in Deus Ex, and in thief you will carry a saw sword that is double you size wich you'll be able to throw and make an entire castle fall apart. Untill of course you find a boss that is related to you somehow that have a sword two times bigger than yours that can end the world if it falls on the floor.
All this because you didn't find the ULTIMATE BAD BOSS that is ten times worst...

In THAT game. Wait to see the next one!

Have you noticed I hate manga cliches?...
you'll also be able to ride giant coloured demented ostriches...
ChaosDefinesOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 13:56   #12
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
It has been confirmed that the game is a cyberpunk prequel to the first game though and that it won't be getting a console release due to the complexity of the game.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 14:01   #13
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Off course we're all going to go out and buy five copies each regardless of how good a game it is just to prove the PC exclusives are viable as a platform.... I'll stick my £200 quid aside now
Old 25th Nov 2009, 14:08   #14
Phil Rhodes
Hypernobber

Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Hope that it'll be good.

Fear that it won't.
Phil Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 14:48   #15
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo_mcg View Post
Off course we're all going to go out and buy five copies each regardless of how good a game it is just to prove the PC exclusives are viable as a platform.... I'll stick my £200 quid aside now
Yup.

Deus Ex is one of the few names left out there which gets my stupid unthinking blind loyalty. I'd buy it just on the off chance that it's anywhere near as Deus Ex 1. I suspect we're looking at somewhere between DX1 and DX:IW level of awesomeness, but I suppose that's a bit like saying it's going to be somewhere between heaven and hell.
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 15:01   #16
kylew
Multimodder

kylew has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
"This is the first project for them that's a non-Final Fantasy title--they even want to work on Thief 4 too."
Hmm? I'm really unsure what she means by this? Square-Enix have made loads of non-Final Fantasy games...
kylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 15:09   #17
Tris
Multimodder

Tris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylew
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
"This is the first project for them that's a non-Final Fantasy title--they even want to work on Thief 4 too."
Hmm? I'm really unsure what she means by this? Square-Enix have made loads of non-Final Fantasy games...
probably referring to the specific team that is working with them rather than square-enix as a company.
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 16:12   #18
Denis_iii
Ultramodder

Denis_iii has yet to learn the way of the DremelDenis_iii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i heard the first deux ex was a classic but sequel not so good, I've not played either, are they still playable?
some games just don't age well but some like dugeon keeper 2 are timeless
Denis_iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 16:16   #19
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
PC exclusive?? i dont care if my wife put me in the doghouse for a week, im definitely buying it. (not that she would, but im just sayin even if she would....)

@Denisiii, yes, the first DE is definitely playable. u should play it. the sequel u can forget.
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA 660Ti - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 16:31   #20
reflux
Multimodder

reflux has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
PC EXCLUSIVE¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS COULD BE THE BEST GAME EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, best news of the year for PC gaming.
reflux is offline   Reply With Quote