bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th Nov 2009, 12:26   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Diagnosis Purchase Justification Syndrome

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2009/11...tion-syndrome/

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 12:40   #2
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Butler View Post
http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2009/11...tion-syndrome/We all suffer from PJS at some time or another, but with the help of bit-tech and Custom PC and the technology media at large available, there’s no reason for anyone to be a chronic case.
What would be the point of forums if people didn't bum around arguing relentlessly about;
  1. Consoles vs. PCs
  2. Apples vs. PCs
  3. NVIDIA vs. ATI
  4. AMD vs. Intel
  5. People who put the milk in the bowl first vs. People who put the cereal in the bowl first
I mean seriously, if you try and put the cereal in second the milk goes everywhere. What's wrong with you people?
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 12:40   #3
andrew8200m
All of the hilarious

andrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Lol, A subliminal dig. Nice little read that!

Andy
andrew8200m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 12:57   #4
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSilver View Post
I mean seriously, if you try and put the cereal in second the milk goes everywhere. What's wrong with you people?
what are you? some sort of human failure? how are you doing this!?
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 13:10   #5
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
edit, i'd rather not get into that.
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 13:10   #6
Tyrmot
Supermodder

Tyrmot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Milk in first? I've never heard of such lunacy.
Tyrmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 13:59   #7
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrmot View Post

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 14:16   #8
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Don't tell me it's just the retards in my Uni staircase that do that?

FOR GOD'S SAKE WHY ME?
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 15:46   #9
Omnituens
Hypermodder

Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
You crazy people, you try getting the wheatabix:milk ratio right by putting the milk in first - you'll forget about the displacement of the milk by the wheatabix and end up with a watery mess for breakfast!
Old 26th Nov 2009, 17:22   #10
ChaosDefinesOrder
Vapourmodder

ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.
the original iPhone is a perfect example of PJS
ChaosDefinesOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 17:29   #11
D-Cyph3r
Gay for Yunosuke

D-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrmot View Post

+1

Thats like wiping your arse before having a brad pitt.

Last edited by D-Cyph3r; 26th Nov 2009 at 17:57.
D-Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 17:33   #12
popcornuk1983
Cake or Death?

popcornuk1983 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I too have been subject to PJS in my time. Similar case with Harry involving ATI back in the day. I cherished my 9700 pro and thought that ATI could do no wrong. So I went and bought two of their first gen crossfire cards (x800XT if I remember correctly) and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I was such a fool!!

I'm a bit wiser now but I still have a preference for AMD cards and will buy them over Nvidia as long as the performance & price are similar. But that's just me and I think it's a mix of happy memories from the 9700 and the fear of spending a lot of money on a Nvidia card and constantly scrutinising the card and comparing it against the AMD equivalent.

I certainly wouldn't try and force my preference on anyone else! And I would never put my milk in first. That's just weird!

Last edited by popcornuk1983; 26th Nov 2009 at 17:48.
popcornuk1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 17:58   #13
TSR2
Multimodder

TSR2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Don't people with more extreme PJS also tend to be subconsciously uncertain about their decision?
TSR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 18:13   #14
badders
Neuken in de Keuken

badders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR2 View Post
Don't people with more extreme PJS also tend to be subconsciously uncertain about their decision?
Maybe.....
badders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 18:33   #15
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
i dont think i have ever had PJS if i buy something and it is **** i will be pissed with myself for not questioning the purchase more but i dont ever try to justify it to myself
Old 26th Nov 2009, 18:36   #16
alpaca
llama eats dremel

alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
no way you put your milk first, because there are those days, you just don't want milk with your corn flakes, because you just want to eat them dry in front of the tv like pop corn, or have them with some nice yoghurt. there are even those days you decide you want another brand of cereals, and if they're not wet yet, you can put them back in their bag, admit it: who of you have multiple brands of milk, and just one brand of cereals, and who of you the other way around?
Old 26th Nov 2009, 18:39   #17
badders
Neuken in de Keuken

badders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for president
What? Why would you put the cereal back? You just eat some, and put the new cereal on top!
badders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 19:36   #18
Arkanrais
Supermodder

Arkanrais has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I put milk in a bowl first, then sugar, then cereal, then another bowl on top to make a clamshell, then flip it upside down and take away the first bowl to make it all normal again....
well at least that's what I do when I'm off my meds (or on too many).

what about when making instant coffee, putting the coffee powder in first or last?

I try avoid this PJS, though I do have a soft spot for gigabyte motherboard BIOS and am not too fond of Asus' BIOS.
Arkanrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 20:05   #19
1ad7
Supermodder

1ad7 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
[QUOTE=PureSilver]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Butler View Post
http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2009/11...tion-syndrome/[*]People who put the milk in the bowl first vs. People who put the cereal in the bowl first[/LIST]I mean seriously, if you try and put the cereal in second the milk goes everywhere. What's wrong with you people?

WTF People actually do that? thats like eating a candy bar with a knife and fork, if I see it I shall punch you in the face.
1ad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 21:52   #20
Red 5
Hypermodder

Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think I have the opposite, Retention Justification Syndrome. I find it very difficult to throw anything away or replace it, the usual excuses being that it's still useful or usable. I used to wear my sister-in-laws coat, even after a hole burned into the sleeve, I still wear the same jogging trousers and T-shirts from ten years ago even though you can see through them, and while a change of car would be nice my current one is so reliable (touch wood) I'm afraid of ending up worse off. Maybe some of that's common sense, but I keep an awful lot of rubbish and non-selling items at work on the principle that it's still good and someone may want it, and I've just spotted my old mobile phone next to me, eight years old and with a dead battery because "one day" I want to get my old ringtone off of it.

Oh, and people who put the milk in first are as crazy as the big-enders.