bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: Which faceplate design do you like? (Faceplates on page 6)
Don't change anything! 31 14.62%
Faceplate 1 14 6.60%
Faceplate 2 59 27.83%
Faceplate 3 12 5.66%
Faceplate 4 57 26.89%
Faceplate 5 15 7.08%
Faceplate 6 31 14.62%
Faceplate 7 28 13.21%
Some other design! 14 6.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st Feb 2010, 10:21   #181
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Achron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
The top layer alone should be sufficient - heck, it's so huge!
Actually, it's not as big as you would think from the pictures. It's probably equivalent to a 3/16" thick piece with the area of the case. If the acrylic weren't there, and I didn't already have my mind set on a heatsink fan, then I would reconsider. Here's a shot of the internals. No heatpipes can be routed to the bottom alu piece, there's simply no room. No heatpipes can be routed to the top pieces because of the logistics of assembly.

Also, Waynio, I don't think heat will be a big of an issue as people think. The CPU shouldn't be stressed terribly since any HD playback will be hardware accelerated from the onboard GPU. If anything, I'm worried about the northbridge getting hot (which is why I'm looking for an alternative northbridge heatsink, one that is preferably copper). Also, the case itself should add quite a bit of thermal mass, acting as one big heatsink if the temperatures get well above ambient.

Let me set something straight here. I'm going to go through, step by step, as to how this thing will be put together, with pictures!

Step 1: Assemble blu-ray drive with removable mounts.

Step 2: Attach said assembly to bottom aluminum piece.

Step 3: Attach bottom acrylic piece to assembly.

Step 4: Install motherboard.

Step 5: Assemble frontplate.

Step 6: Add side aluminum pieces to frontplate.

Step 7: Assemble bottom pieces.

Step 8: Assemble top aluminum pieces, top acrylic piece, spacers, and hard drive / hard drive mount.

Step 9: Assemble top piece.

Step 10: Motherboard plate. Done!

Old 21st Feb 2010, 13:03   #182
oliverw92
Supermodder

oliverw92 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeloliverw92 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome

Your case has some nice hips man
oliverw92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2010, 23:03   #183
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Achron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've been told it looks like a pair of boobs...but that's really from people who don't even know what it is. Argh. Didn't even mean to design it like that!
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 00:41   #184
gvblake22
mmm, yep

gvblake22 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achron View Post
I've been told it looks like a pair of boobs...but that's really from people who don't even know what it is. Argh. Didn't even mean to design it like that!
OH NO! You just ruined it!
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 01:04   #185
oliverw92
Supermodder

oliverw92 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeloliverw92 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You could very easily put a bra on it
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 03:11   #186
nlancaster
Multimodder

nlancaster has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just had a thought. Drill into the pin holes in the middle aluminum piece. Replace the pins with Acrylic rods and light them up with LEDs from inside.
nlancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 06:28   #187
talladega
I'm Squidward

talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
IT'S THE BOOB CASE!

Old 22nd Feb 2010, 06:31   #188
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

I knew I shouldn't have said anything...
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 07:21   #189
nlancaster
Multimodder

nlancaster has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Boobs?!
nlancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 09:46   #190
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Where? Where?

Oh...
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 12:03   #191
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
BEWBIES!
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 18:43   #192
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It happens to all of us at one point.

Case in point...

-one of my slip-ups.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 21:53   #193
talladega
I'm Squidward

talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.talladega is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post

Case in point...

-one of my slip-ups.
whats wrong with it?
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 22:01   #194
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Quote:

Case in point...

-one of my slip-ups.
*giggles*

When this thing is done, I'm going to start showcasing it off to women I bring home (if any...), and if any of them get mildly aroused by it, and actually admit it, I'll know she's a keeper!
Old 24th Feb 2010, 08:30   #195
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
How about this for a positive spin on it:

Touch the left boob, and the PC powers on and off.
Touch the right boob, and the lighting is enabled/disabled.

Projects: Nutman - Hampen - F.O.B. T.C. - BabyShark - The Scratchbench
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2010, 23:45   #196
oliverw92
Supermodder

Lawl that would be hilarious Nutman Or make the entire aluminium shell capacitive so when you touch it it goes 'ooooo'
Old 25th Feb 2010, 12:58   #197
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Yeah, and the more you touch it, the more it overclocks and overheats until it finally shuts down and refuses to be turned on again for at least 4 hours.

Projects: Nutman - Hampen - F.O.B. T.C. - BabyShark - The Scratchbench
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 23:00   #198
floppyeardbunny
Minimodder

floppyeardbunny has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hehe, I couldnt keep lurking past this one...
its tagged as "boob case"
hehe I love it
If you are worried about heat build up at the northbridge look for a blower fan sits flat and exhausts to the side. Sadly that board doesnt have a PWM fan connection (4pin) but you can controll throttle (and noise) via a temperature monitoring ckt if need be. Will have to run power to ckt and plug fan into it. Or do it manual like and hack a fan controller. But then you have to adjust for heat needs.
floppyeardbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2010, 03:22   #199
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Welcome to the 'victims of tag humor' club. Congrats on the MOTM nomination.

My sis said this looks like boobies too. It's official.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2010, 05:36   #200
gvblake22
mmm, yep

gvblake22 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
My sis said this looks like boobies too. It's official.
I showed it to my girlfriend and she also concurs; sorry chum. I still like it though (regardless of the boobies)!

Tags
boob case, cnc, plexiglas

View Mode