bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: Which faceplate design do you like? (Faceplates on page 6)
Don't change anything! 31 14.62%
Faceplate 1 14 6.60%
Faceplate 2 59 27.83%
Faceplate 3 12 5.66%
Faceplate 4 57 26.89%
Faceplate 5 15 7.08%
Faceplate 6 31 14.62%
Faceplate 7 28 13.21%
Some other design! 14 6.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6th Jan 2010, 18:39   #81
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PureSilver is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PureSilver is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PureSilver is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PureSilver is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PureSilver is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PureSilver is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PureSilver is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PureSilver is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PureSilver is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PureSilver is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Four gets my vote, as three looks a bit busy, one's too conventional. Two is good too, but prefer four.
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 19:43   #82
PBear23
Supermodder

PBear23 has yet to learn the way of the DremelPBear23 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
4 gets my vote too
PBear23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 20:03   #83
sentek
Multimodder

sentek has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsentek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
2 or 4 imo, although they are all really good
sentek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 20:24   #84
confusis
Kiwi-modder

confusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysis
confusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 20:29   #85
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
IV

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 20:33   #86
woody_294
Wizard Ninja :P

woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
2!
woody_294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 21:09   #87
ringo
Supermodder

ringo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think 4 is the best one.
ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 21:10   #88
AlchemyFire
Multimodder

AlchemyFire has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
4 definitely

AlchemyFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 21:13   #89
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I'm seriously down with #3. I think that would fit perfectly!
Any ideas on the color of the anodizing?

Cheaps <-- I agree on the level in here! Mods like this is just incredible!
I used to think I did a pretty well job in respect to everyone in here, now I feel like I'm at the bottom of the bowl...
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 21:14   #90
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitjrs77 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I guess I'll be the only one then, who prefers the "boring" No 1 then

Define Mini Black [Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H | intel i5-3450 | Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 8GB | Gigabyte GTX660OC Windforce2 | intel 330 120GB | WD AV GP 1TB]
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 00:43   #91
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

Spotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
#4, but add a layer around the switches to continue some of the curves/contours that make up the rest of the case.
Old 7th Jan 2010, 02:01   #92
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Achron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm definitely leaning towards #2 or #4. #1 doesn't break up the case enough, it just keeps the same pattern going. #3 looks too busy, and kinda weird with the black acrylic in front.

#2 I may have to tweak a bit, but it's going to be a tough decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotswood View Post
#4, but add a layer around the switches to continue some of the curves/contours that make up the rest of the case.
What exactly do you mean? I think I may have an idea, but it might look goofy.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Achron; 7th Jan 2010 at 02:29.
Achron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 03:50   #93
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
I like what you are trying to do with 2&3, but the drive and lcd mess it up. 4 has potential, but I'm seeing a raccoon face there.
Have you thought about making the face curved like the sides? -Not exactly like the sides, but say dimples for the buttons, a raised stripe, venting... An organic design might do well with an asymetric organic shape- Like a wave pattern that ties in all the other shapes on the face.
Also: #3 is setting people off because of the Pringles logo moustache.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 05:19   #94
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Achron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
I like what you are trying to do with 2&3, but the drive and lcd mess it up. 4 has potential, but I'm seeing a raccoon face there.
Have you thought about making the face curved like the sides? -Not exactly like the sides, but say dimples for the buttons, a raised stripe, venting... An organic design might do well with an asymetric organic shape- Like a wave pattern that ties in all the other shapes on the face.
Also: #3 is setting people off because of the Pringles logo moustache.
I wouldn't necessarily agree that the drive and lcd "mess it up", since the acrylic would finish any reliefs or cuts in the face.

I'm trying to think of a way to curve the front, since you aren't the only person who has told me that today. I'm running pretty short of material at this point, and the piece is already 3/8" thick, so there's not much curve that could happen in, say, 3/8" more material. I'll keep designing, and definitely keep that in mind. You tend to have good ideas .
Old 7th Jan 2010, 05:57   #95
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Faceplate 4 looks awesome, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
4 has potential, but I'm seeing a raccoon face there.
Hehe. I saw Wall-E in that faceplate, but I still think it's the best one. I'm also thinking that some curves (or some other details) would spice it up and hopefully eliminate all the "OMG! It's a face of something...or somebody!" reactions you seem to be getting.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks

Last edited by Nutman; 7th Jan 2010 at 06:03.
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 11:37   #96
n0va
Burnin'!

n0va has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Damn. I see funny faces in all of them now that you guys mentioned it. >.< Make me unsee it!

2 or 4 if I'd have to choose though. 2 for the asymmetry, if it's called that way, I love it ^^
Old 7th Jan 2010, 15:49   #97
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Had a few other ideas last night:

Faceplate 6

Faceplate 7

Faceplate 8
Old 7th Jan 2010, 16:05   #98
SNiiPE_DoGG
Engineering The Extreme

SNiiPE_DoGG has yet to learn the way of the DremelSNiiPE_DoGG has yet to learn the way of the DremelSNiiPE_DoGG has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like the Asymmetry, 7 IMO

Extremely jealous of your CNC! good work.

|CPU: PHII 955 BE @ 3.8ghz | GPU: 2 x 4890 XXX @ 950 | 8gb Crucial ballistix tracer DDR3 1600 CL8|
SNiiPE_DoGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 16:32   #99
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I quite like 6 and 7.

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 17:07   #100
dex2407
Minimodder

dex2407 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dex2407 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dex2407 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dex2407 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dex2407 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dex2407 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dex2407 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dex2407 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dex2407 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dex2407 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dex2407 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
i like 7, but ithink its the buttons that are making it look a little off. if you get me.

Tags
boob case, cnc, plexiglas

View Mode