bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: Which faceplate design do you like? (Faceplates on page 6)
Don't change anything! 31 14.62%
Faceplate 1 14 6.60%
Faceplate 2 59 27.83%
Faceplate 3 12 5.66%
Faceplate 4 57 26.89%
Faceplate 5 15 7.08%
Faceplate 6 31 14.62%
Faceplate 7 28 13.21%
Some other design! 14 6.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th Jan 2010, 17:09   #101
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I like 8... Argh! We need a review of all the designs, and a poll!
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 17:24   #102
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.

I guess you can see why my choice is 7.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 17:55   #103
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Was that a dick joke? From a man with a mod called 'Blue Balls'?

Or do I just have a really filthy mind?
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 18:00   #104
null_x86
Thread Closer

null_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysis
I think thats a dick joke, or at least a limp noodle...

I'll get my coat..
Korraz - That iPad vs Stone one is an insulting lie! I never expected to see something so mediocre as THIS an this holy thread! You disgust me! A stone HAS a Touchscreen!
null_x86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 21:52   #105
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Achron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Alright! Thanks everyone for your help and feedback. Here's the requested run-down again...with a poll added! Vote now or forever hold your peace!

Unchanged

Faceplate 1

Faceplate 2

Faceplate 3

Faceplate 4

Faceplate 5

Faceplate 6

Faceplate 7

Something else?
???

Pick your general favorite, vote, and tell me how else it could improve. I have my own thoughts on each.

Nice catch Cheap
Old 7th Jan 2010, 22:18   #106
Dark~3nergy
what was dat sandvich ?

Dark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Faceplate 2 cheesecake !!!

nice mod really nice
take moar photos though :O i always get sad when i get to the end of the updates, and then NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo it's already over
|||||||||

Last edited by Dark~3nergy; 7th Jan 2010 at 22:25.
Dark~3nergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 23:06   #107
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yeah I know, you didn't ask for it, but I could'nt resist...

So what about this?

Black part as transparent ofc.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 23:33   #108
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
@Jrs77 - *Chris Griffin voice* "Boobies!"
-Yeah, my mind is in the gutter.
Old 7th Jan 2010, 23:33   #109
null_x86
Thread Closer

null_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysis
anything that has a dick in the model is a no... vote no for 3
i vote for faceplate 4
Korraz - That iPad vs Stone one is an insulting lie! I never expected to see something so mediocre as THIS an this holy thread! You disgust me! A stone HAS a Touchscreen!
null_x86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 23:58   #110
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Love your work.. beuatifull machining

Personally, I would have prefered the "unchanged" faceplate with the "no plexi" body, since it feels more hi-end-hi-fi, but that's just my taste and it's not my build. As for the body you've chosen, my vote goes for #2. All other alternatives have some shape or line interupting another wich just makes it look wrong. I think you should take a second look at #2 where the DVD slot ends and make shure it doesn't cut into the plexi as it might look od.

Good luck

Project: ProtoHype (paused)
Project: GET A LIFE (Complete)
Project: Widescreen Projector(Complete)
Guide: How to brush Aluminum
The_Gnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2010, 01:45   #111
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
@Jrs77 - *Chris Griffin voice* "Boobies!"
-Yeah, my mind is in the gutter.
I was rather thinking of it as a sad clown face, but yeah, boobies are allright aswell

Old 8th Jan 2010, 02:24   #112
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Achron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
Yeah I know, you didn't ask for it, but I could'nt resist...

So what about this?

Black part as transparent ofc.
Like one of these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~3nergy View Post
Faceplate 2 cheesecake !!!

nice mod really nice
take moar photos though :O i always get sad when i get to the end of the updates, and then NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo it's already over
What, 200 pictures isn't enough for you so far?
Old 8th Jan 2010, 02:42   #113
jrs77
theorycrafting

Yeah, like the second one, as I wouldn't like the DVD/CD slot to be made into both materials.

EDIT: It looks like an ancient asian dragon-mask. With the switches being illuminated, this will be even more like it

Old 8th Jan 2010, 03:02   #114
CharlO
Multimodder

CharlO has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cannot decide! AHH TO MUCH PRESSURE!

Between unchanged, kinda look like a Disney new design :P Or the 5th, dunno why, just looks right. The first of last two, also.
CharlO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2010, 06:26   #115
Dark~3nergy
what was dat sandvich ?

Dark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achron View Post
Like one of these?
What, 200 pictures isn't enough for you so far?
sorry Might be because CNC action is so awesome that i can never get enough
|||||||||
Dark~3nergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2010, 00:11   #116
Interloper
Faux Pro Modder

Interloper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Option 2

Sleek, to the point, adds just enough interest to catch the eye, but not to the point where it draws away from the whole case.

BUILD ON!!!
Interloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2010, 13:12   #117
woody_294
Wizard Ninja :P

woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.woody_294 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Faceplate 6, every time, one of the only ones that doesn't seem a bit too basic for the overall design.

Great work!

*Edit* 4 is nice, but the black oval clashes with the design too much.
woody_294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2010, 06:08   #118
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Old 10th Jan 2010, 12:18   #119
jrs77
theorycrafting

And cheapskate said, that my frontplate-design would look like boobies

Old 10th Jan 2010, 19:43   #120
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

The rough pass is sexy enough as it is. I'd like to see something built like that deliberately. -Maybe a series of grooves with a ball-end bit...

Why did I use the word 'sexy'?

Tags
boob case, cnc, plexiglas

View Mode