bit-tech.net

Old 29th Nov 2009, 13:01   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Roccat Kova Review

We take a look at German gaming gear manufacturer Roccat's Kova mouse, a peripheral that lets you adjust its settings without the need to add another bit of software to your system.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/per...-kova-review/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2009, 13:19   #2
g3n3tiX
resident frenchy

g3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Interesting reviews, but no "in game" test ?
How well does it glide, what is the button usage like ?
Old 29th Nov 2009, 21:17   #3
SchizoFrog
Ultramodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I don't care how good it its... it looks like something the Cylons would use 1984. I wouldn't let it near my PC.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2009, 07:40   #4
korhojoa
durr

korhojoa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The company is German, but for some reason, all their products have Finnish names?
Strange.
Old 30th Nov 2009, 10:09   #5
antiHero
ReliXmas time!

antiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the DremelantiHero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by korhojoa
The company is German, but for some reason, all their products have Finnish names?
Strange.
Yeah i was wondering the same. Kova is finnish for hard btw
antiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2009, 10:42   #6
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I always thought it was a Finnish company...

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2009, 12:33   #7
fev
Industry Fallout

fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
i rest my thumb on the thumb rest underneath the back and forward buttons on the left hand side.

I'm also a massive fun of the lights that change by themselves, lightens up the day at least!

Glides well on my cheap desk and the buttons are fairly firm
Old 1st Dec 2009, 14:47   #8
kornedbeefy
Multimodder

kornedbeefy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd love to see a review on the Rocat Kone. Still....

Some more info on how it actually performs would have been nice. I own a Razer Lachesis and while I love its performance the size is to big for my hand and the way I grip, finger grip as mentioned in this article. Also with most mice I've owned my thumb is to short to reach the from thumb button without manuevering my hand in an uncomfortable action.

So is this mouse good for gamers with smallish hands with the finger grip play style? How does its performance compare to a Razer Lachesis, Dethadder, Logitech G9? I've owned them all.

This is info that should be included in every mouse review.
kornedbeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2009, 15:21   #9
kornedbeefy
Multimodder

kornedbeefy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornedbeefy
I'd love to see a review on the Rocat Kone. Still....

So is this mouse good for gamers with smallish hands with the finger grip play style? How does its performance compare to a Razer Lachesis, Dethadder, Logitech G9? I've owned them all.

This is info that should be included in every mouse review.
Sorry, you did address one question with the fingergrip comment....."The shape and size of the mouse make it more suited for people that hold their peripheral in the fingertip-style grip"

So it would be good for a small handed finger grip gamer. Still I'm not seeing how it performs agains other mice. Tracking and gliding comparisons. Are the buttons hard to press? I use my mouse wheels click feature a lot while gaming. I've returned mice becuase it was to hard to press repeatedly.

Basically when reading reviews we need to know whether or not the peripheral you are reviewing would be a worthy upgrade over the one we are currently using. I didn't feel there was enough info in the review to go on for either this review or the Cooler Master Sentinel mouse. Am I supposed to be putting more weight behind the overall scores when comparing? The closest I see in there to performance rating is "overall".

Maybe its time for a gaming mice "VS" article.

keep up the good work. While I'm being anal at the moment I love your website.
kornedbeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 16:01   #10
matt.bungle
Vase

matt.bungle has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
To be honest I have had this mouse for a couple of weeks and found it very comfortable to use and a good weighted mouse. I got this free from a subscription magazine and thought I will give a try and I was impressed, even enjoyed using more so than my Razer Lachesis. Very compatible fit in my right hand with my thumb resting nicely on its fat ass, the performance is great and anything beyond 3200dpi is just silly, a solid made mouse.

Also the pictures to don't it justice.

Personally I think the mouse is not ideally price but if solely looking at the mouse itself then it's a least 8 out 10.
matt.bungle is offline   Reply With Quote