bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 1st Feb 2010, 12:46   #381
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshT View Post
Tropico 3, 66% OFF, £10.20
Quote:
Tropico 3, 66% OFF, £10.20
We are quite literally back where we started...
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2010, 15:04   #382
AshT
Custom User Title

AshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSilver View Post
We are quite literally back where we started...
I always update my very first post with the latest deals ... that's why they match ...

explained - ***Last edited by AshT; 29th Jan 2010 at 21:24. Reason: Added Tropico, Freedom Force Pack, X-Com Pack***
AshT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2010, 15:28   #383
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Oh, I see, I'm an idiot after all. Excuse me while I extract my foot from my mouth.

Ach, and it seemed so plausible, what with Tropico being relentlessly on sale...
Old 1st Feb 2010, 15:36   #384
AshT
Custom User Title

AshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well, you weren't wrong about it always being on sale. Not my cup of tea I have to add. Settlers 7 on the other hand looks pretty cute.
Old 1st Feb 2010, 16:37   #385
Ryu_ookami
I write therefore I suffer.

Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ryu_ookami is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
did anyone actually try and buy freedom force pack it stated it was a pound and tried to charge you two pound.
Ryu_ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2010, 19:07   #386
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I bought it. Alas, I paid 2€ for it. I know it's dirtcheap even at that price, but whoever came up with these exchange rates ($2 == 2€ == £1) probably also thought that pi == 3.

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 20:02   #387
NuTech
Mod Master

NuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run Crysis
Titan Quest (with expansion) for £2.49.

Good Diablo style game, but not as good as Torchlight imo (however it does support co-op play).
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 20:59   #388
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuTech View Post

Good Diablo style game, but not as good as Torchlight imo (however it does support co-op play).
TBH, I think it's a lot better than Torchlight. But Torchlight is good to have if you've been through Titan Quest a couple of times.

At that price it's a "must-buy"!

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 00:28   #389
NuTech
Mod Master

NuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael- View Post
TBH, I think it's a lot better than Torchlight. But Torchlight is good to have if you've been through Titan Quest a couple of times.

At that price it's a "must-buy"!
Fair enough, but I judge Diablo style dungeon crawlers by how visceral the combat feels. Torchlight was high-octane butchery whereas Titan Quest had a slightly more methodical pace.
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 11:40   #390
AshT
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuTech View Post

When you say co-op, is it online co-op? Because that would be cool.
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 12:41   #391
azrael-
I'm special...

You can take your off-line character on-line and back again. And I believe you can do on-line co-op as well.

What really won me over was the lush graphics and sounds of the game. There was just such a great ambience. I just may have to install it again...

As for action, there's certainly enough of that. In comparison I find Torchlight somewhat more tame. At least I died far fewer times in Torchlight than in Titan Quest.

Old 4th Feb 2010, 10:20   #392
AshT
Custom User Title

It turns out I own them already (Titan games), I think I got them in the THQ collection pack.

They are already downloaded and installed so I'm now looking forward to checking them out!
Old 4th Feb 2010, 11:28   #393
Stickeh
Help me , Help you.

Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
It turns out I own them already (Titan games), I think I got them in the THQ collection pack.

They are already downloaded and installed so I'm now looking forward to checking them out!
Haha i found that too ash.

Everyone saying how its like torchlight i became interested, then i found it in my games list already

Win.
Old 4th Feb 2010, 12:43   #394
UncertainGod
Ultramodder

UncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm installing them now, one of the games I never got round to playing out of the THQ complete pack. Add me to Steam friends list if you want to play some co-op.

PSN ID: Sp4rkR4t
UncertainGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2010, 16:33   #395
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I bought TQ on release, and re-bought on Steam (with expansion) during an earlier sale, if you like Torchlight you should like TQ.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2010, 19:51   #396
AshT
Custom User Title

Weekend Deal

Far Cry, 50% OFF, £2.49

Far Cry 2, 50% OFF, £7.49
Old 4th Feb 2010, 21:08   #397
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

Is Far Cry worth it? FC2 I already have, and hate, but isn't the original a Crytek game? I loved the two Crysis games, so which is the original closer to?
Old 4th Feb 2010, 21:13   #398
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
FC2 is garbage and has nothing to do with FC1.

If you preorder Metro 2033 you get Red Faction Guerrilla for free!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2010, 04:40   #399
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Farcry is very worth buying, especially at that price. For the first half anyways...

I was so looking forward to playing the second one, I never actually counted it as a "cry" game anyway and I was hoping the whole Africa thing would be a nice change of scenery. Alas, twas not to be. No idea why, but I played about an hour and I've not been back. Something just didn't click.

On the other hand, Mirrors Edge may turn out to be one of the best things to come out of the Christmas sale, such an awesome game! And waaaaay better on PC.
Old 5th Feb 2010, 05:54   #400
torroray
Multimodder

torroray has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hey October,

I get the same experience after playing FarCry2.
torroray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a steal, bargain, bogof, cheap as chips, cheep cheep, chips and curry sauce, derp, free dirt 2, hot and steamy, huge piston, mmm... spelt flour, mmmm... chips, omg free pc, onioncake, pushing in and out, spelled thief wrong, spelt not spelled, steam, steam... mmmm, stop! theif!, the taffer, where is free cheesecake?