bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 30th Jun 2010, 16:44   #1121
Sutters
Silent lurker!

Sutters has yet to learn the way of the DremelSutters has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not long to go now...

Fingers crossed FEAR + sequels will be on offer at some point
Sutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 17:04   #1122
Rogan
Not really a

Rogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
e: I was thinking about obulis. :s

Last edited by Rogan; 30th Jun 2010 at 17:15.
Rogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 17:20   #1123
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Mass Effect 2 please! And Bioshock please!
Old 30th Jun 2010, 17:53   #1124
murraynt
I Mod, Therefore I Own

murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Borderlands for 3.50 please
murraynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 17:54   #1125
TCoZ
Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

TCoZ has yet to learn the way of the DremelTCoZ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraynt View Post
Borderlands for 3.50 please
Haha, if only :P

I'd like to see some of the publisher packs get even more discounts, but that's not going to happen :P

EDIT: Deals look okay today.
Red Faction Guerilla 75% off 3.75
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 75% off 1.75
Shatter 75% off 1.75
Left 4 Dead 66% off 4.42
Torchlight 75% off 3.75
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage 90% off 1.70
The Void 75% off 5
Mass Effect 2 40% off 17.99
The Guild II & Pirates of the European Seas 50% off 11.49

Last edited by TCoZ; 30th Jun 2010 at 18:04.
TCoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 18:02   #1126
Altron
LIKE A BAUCE!!!!

Altron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAltron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
bought GTA4 yesterday for $4.99

Already played through it on my brother's xbox 360, but it was almost two years ago, so I could probably do it again without it feeling too repetitive. Probably won't even install it until the fall, as I'm busy at work and what little gaming time I do have, I've been playing DotA or TF2 with friends.

Anything good on sale today?

e^i(pi)+1=0
Altron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 18:05   #1127
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.
another meh day for me, not anything i want, im hoping they have some proper monster deals on the last day!
13eightyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 18:07   #1128
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Tempted to Red Faction, but I think I'll stick with the originals. I wasn't that struck with how the new one sounded.
Old 30th Jun 2010, 18:16   #1129
pingu666
Supermodder

pingu666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpingu666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpingu666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpingu666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpingu666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
flatout uc for 1.75 is pretty good, might get that and red faction
pingu666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 18:28   #1130
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Flatout for 1.70 is awesome.

ME2 can still be had cheaper with a box (which I prefer for bandwidth reasons) so no ty.

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 18:34   #1131
Rogan
Not really a

Rogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah I'd like ME2 but it's not that much of a bargain TBH.
Rogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 18:47   #1132
Aterius Gmork
/r/pcmasterrace

Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
No Red Faction for us Europeans.

I've got a question concerning Left For Dead. Valve games are censored pretty badly over here, as they do tend to cut games to 15+ for Australia and then release this version everywhere a cut is needed.

Every blood and splatter effect is removed, blood is reduced etc. That was to be expected and I can accept that. However enemies you kill disappear before they hit the ground. This one I cannot understand. In Half Life 2 the disappearing bodies drove me nuts as this cut made the gravity gun pretty much useless and some levels almost unbeatable.

Is there any feature in L4D like the gravity gun in HL2 that utilizes the bodies of your foes in any way?

If only the b*stards at Valve weren't so lazy and offer a second 18+ cut. Valve cuts in general are simply ridiculous.
Aterius Gmork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 18:53   #1133
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
No, the bodies have no effect on anything. Save delicious piles of the undead being blown apart with the autoshotty.
Old 30th Jun 2010, 19:00   #1134
Aterius Gmork
/r/pcmasterrace

Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks. Going to get L4D and The Void.
Old 30th Jun 2010, 19:00   #1135
murraynt
I Mod, Therefore I Own

murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aterius Gmork View Post
No Red Faction for us Europeans.

I've got a question concerning Left For Dead. Valve games are censored pretty badly over here, as they do tend to cut games to 15+ for Australia and then release this version everywhere a cut is needed.

Every blood and splatter effect is removed, blood is reduced etc. That was to be expected and I can accept that. However enemies you kill disappear before they hit the ground. This one I cannot understand. In Half Life 2 the disappearing bodies drove me nuts as this cut made the gravity gun pretty much useless and some levels almost unbeatable.

Is there any feature in L4D like the gravity gun in HL2 that utilizes the bodies of your foes in any way?

If only the b*stards at Valve weren't so lazy and offer a second 18+ cut. Valve cuts in general are simply ridiculous.
would it work if somebody gifted it to you?
is it any good im thinking of getting it at only 5 euros
Old 30th Jun 2010, 19:10   #1136
AshT
Custom User Title

AshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bought Flatout: Ultimate Carnage and Shatter, I luvs me bargains!
AshT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 19:15   #1137
Aterius Gmork
/r/pcmasterrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraynt View Post
would it work if somebody gifted it to you?
is it any good im thinking of getting it at only 5 euros
Nope. Steam would still download the Low Violence Version. That's the reason for the massive uproar recently when they introduced these versions: People here tend to pay a premium to import games to get them uncut. Now imagine all your favorite Valve games are suddenly cut and there is nothing you can do about it due to the Steam service.

The only difference would be the price.
Old 30th Jun 2010, 19:21   #1138
murraynt
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aterius Gmork View Post
Nope. Steam would still download the Low Violence Version. That's the reason for the massive uproar recently when they introduced these versions: People here tend to pay a premium to import games to get them uncut. Now imagine all your favorite Valve games are suddenly cut and there is nothing you can do about it due to the Steam service.

The only difference would be the price.
Then they wounder why people pirate games
can you not ger red faction at all? is this only in germany?
Old 30th Jun 2010, 19:25   #1139
Aterius Gmork
/r/pcmasterrace

We can get Red Faction now. Wonder why it wasn't there at 19:03 though?

It would be less of a problem if they'd only cut a bit of the splatter and blood. In a multiplayer game I tend to set the gore level as low as possible anyway, makes it easier to hit your opponents. Usually that's all it takes to get an 18+ rating here. Valve however cuts the games to get a 16+ rating by not showing any dead bodies so they can get higher sales and because they are to lazy to bother with a second 18+ cut which would be enough for most European countries.

There are only three games I ever got where the cuts did really bother me: Half Life Series (Orange Box), Bioshock and Dark Messiah. Bioshock has cut audio files (wtf), Valve has disappearing bodies which makes some levels unplayable and Dark Messiah had altered ragdoll physics. Unfortunately the physic mod was done badly which produced a memory leak making the game unplayable.

For Bioshock I got a blood patch, but the other two games I got via Steam. If I patch them Steam runs its little validating programm and reloads all altered files. Bloody annoying. Valve still refuses me a refund for Dark Messiah.

Last edited by Aterius Gmork; 30th Jun 2010 at 19:35.
Old 30th Jun 2010, 19:27   #1140
TCoZ
Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

TCoZ has yet to learn the way of the DremelTCoZ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bought Shatter and RF:G. Good stuff.
TCoZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a steal, bargain, bogof, cheap as chips, cheep cheep, chips and curry sauce, derp, free dirt 2, hot and steamy, huge piston, mmm... spelt flour, mmmm... chips, omg free pc, onioncake, pushing in and out, spelled thief wrong, spelt not spelled, steam, steam... mmmm, stop! theif!, the taffer, where is free cheesecake?