bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Dec 2009, 08:08   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A PC in a Christmas Tree

Once upon a Christmas, a long time ago, merry modder Josh Blodwell made Project Christmas Tree, easily the most festive computer ever manufactured. Join us as we head down memory lane to celebrate Christmas as only a modder can.

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/proj...ristmas-tree/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2009, 08:49   #2
MaverickWill
Dirty CPC Mackem

MaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run Crysis
12 threads in Gulftown, 11 Direct Xs, 10 broken printers, 9 DivX players, 8 Antec cases, 7 on my Windows, 6 boards from Asus,

FIVE SSDs! (That's OCZ's releases last week, btw)

4 graphics cards, 3 wide screens, 2 Left 4 Deads, and Josh Blodwell's Christmas PC...

Seriously funky, guys. Why haven't we heard of this BEFORE now? (Well, I'm sure some people have, but not us young 'uns!)
Old 15th Dec 2009, 09:58   #3
Abhorsen
Hypermodder

Abhorsen has yet to learn the way of the DremelAbhorsen has yet to learn the way of the DremelAbhorsen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How about round 2? An updated version of The Douglas for old times sake?

Oh and my office are today doing our own Mince Pie taste testing, based on the Bit-tech one
Abhorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2009, 10:35   #4
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
On the internet, bit-tech looks like this, and this man is the editor.
link to mr haz as editor gives a 404.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickWill View Post
12 threads in Gulftown,
11 Direct Xs,
10 broken printers,
9 DivX players,
8 Antec cases,
7 on my Windows,
6 boards from Asus,

FIVE SSDs! (That's OCZ's releases last week, btw)

4 graphics cards,
3 wide screens,
2 Left 4 Deads,
and Josh Blodwell's Christmas PC...
Brilliant, shame you got rid of it really...

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2009, 10:38   #5
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Fixed, Mr Haz is back!

Photos on Flickr.
Old 15th Dec 2009, 12:56   #6
psychoti
Multimodder

psychoti has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A PC in a Christmas Tree! ROFL!
Old 15th Dec 2009, 13:59   #7
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
ever think of marketing that mod? the shrub idea of an office environment would certainly brighten up an office =D

lol +1 maverick
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2009, 14:01   #8
Teq
Multimodder

Teq has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I unfortunately was distracted by the poor photochopping but sounds like a fun concept
Teq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2009, 14:35   #9
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhorsen
How about round 2? An updated version of The Douglas for old times sake?

Oh and my office are today doing our own Mince Pie taste testing, based on the Bit-tech one
lols, let us know how it goes, and whether we missed any good ones!

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2009, 15:06   #10
andrew8200m
All of the hilarious

andrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyan
never did understand that... A computer you can only really use for 2-3 weeks of the year.. makes little sense to me.

Andy
andrew8200m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2009, 15:35   #11
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew8200m
never did understand that... A computer you can only really use for 2-3 weeks of the year.. makes little sense to me.

Andy
It's a gag mod - it's not really for any sort of practical use of any sort!
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2009, 15:45   #12
andrew8200m
All of the hilarious

andrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
It's a gag mod - it's not really for any sort of practical use of any sort!
Sorry, not with it today. Loads of bad news and loads of crap being thrown in for good measure.

So on that note.. "lol" perhaps?

meh..

Andy
andrew8200m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2009, 16:21   #13
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew8200m

Andy
It just depends how much you love Christmas

Photos on Flickr.
Old 15th Dec 2009, 19:24   #14
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I hate Christmas.

I quite like the mod though.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2009, 18:12   #15
slipperyskip
Decade Club

slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Congratz on the Gizmodo article. LOL

Linky
slipperyskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2009, 13:25   #16
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Excellent

Photos on Flickr.
Old 1st Feb 2010, 01:38   #17
Rogan
Not really a

Rogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ruddy thing listed for that photo. And now the internet has seen its shame. *shakes fist*
Rogan is offline   Reply With Quote