bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 9th Jan 2010, 18:04   #21
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Rather than mosfet blocks, I'd like to see someone modify the heat pipe assembly into a northbridge block.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2010, 18:56   #22
Validus
Multimodder

Validus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OooOOoOo Nice burnt orange there.
Validus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2010, 17:05   #23
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Rather than mosfet blocks, I'd like to see someone modify the heat pipe assembly into a northbridge block.
hmmmmmm let me have a think on that one, would make it a lot smaller.
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2010, 19:13   #24
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
My new toys arrived today

installed after 15 minutes with a drill and jigsaw.

The original PSU plate has been hacked to hell and seen better days!

So, little CAD time, and soon to laser cut in MDF to check dimensions before getting it cut on the waterjet.

Old 12th Jan 2010, 07:21   #25
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Another little item required for the build. I dont like 80mm fans all that much and the front ones seem like a wasted space.

So i shall be ripping them out with a jigsaw and rivit in this plate;

There is enough room to squeeze a 140mm fan down there, and if i had the money i would be mounting a 140mm radiator down there, so this plate will allow me the option of 120/140mm radiators in the future.
Old 19th Jan 2010, 22:54   #26
M_D_K
Kiteninja

M_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Grill is done dude.
Old 21st Jan 2010, 17:05   #27
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Oh epic!! catch you on msn or something

Little photo from MDK

Last edited by Burnout21; 21st Jan 2010 at 17:42.
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 22:10   #28
MarkW7
Total Noob

MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MarkW7 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Subb'd
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 19:28   #29
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Well all the custom plate work has been done for now, another little photo.

needs filing and general finishing.

Again great thanks to MDK for his help, he is a great friend so don't bug him with wanting parts made.
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 19:49   #30
andrew8200m
All of the hilarious

andrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hey this is looking good burnout! I may have to get one of those psu plates made up now I've seen it lol! Glad your getting on with the case, going to butcher up another with a war type mod soon me thinks! Keep it up!

Andy
andrew8200m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 20:00   #31
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew8200m View Post
Hey this is looking good burnout! I may have to get one of those psu plates made up now I've seen it lol! Glad your getting on with the case, going to butcher up another with a war type mod soon me thinks! Keep it up!

Andy
haha!

its a long way off, lack of funds sucks i need to find another pump for this project and a fan controller. Another sunbeam i think!
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 20:13   #32
andrew8200m
All of the hilarious

andrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'll have a look around for you mate, see what I've got kicking around.

Andy
andrew8200m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 20:20   #33
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew8200m View Post
I'll have a look around for you mate, see what I've got kicking around.

Andy
that could be potential epic mate!

I have decided on a colour, being a volvo fanboy i am definatly going for their saffron paint!

took me a while to find the name of colour, but should be worth it!
Old 5th Feb 2010, 16:03   #34
M_D_K
Kiteninja

M_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Looking good dude

If anyone wants one of those plates ask Alan for the all clear and I'll Nock you one up , as its his design.

Morgan.
Old 5th Feb 2010, 22:42   #35
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_D_K View Post
Looking good dude

If anyone wants one of those plates ask Alan for the all clear and I'll Nock you one up , as its his design.

Morgan.
Lol, i didn't want everyone bugging you for parts, but if your happy then anyone interested PM me.
Old 18th Feb 2010, 09:34   #36
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

wow, update!

Turns out RM has lost my package of aluminium plates, so MDK was kind enough to redo them and get a courier to deliver them soon....

On a side note with the looming case move from my V1000b to the PC-70, i want to move my workstation from an old cheiftec dragon into my V1000b, recycling is fun!

Because of this shift and wanting to water cool my workstation, i dug out some old waterblocks that are ideal! except one problem, the mounting tops, so last week and this week i have mostly been laser cutting!

ebay find last august, brass topped danger den TDX! steel at 5 incl P&P

Had some fun with 8mm cast acrylic and 8mm delrin (white one)

assembling fun

Had this all done last week, but on monday during some serious multi-tasking and rendering the workstation crashed, after think about it the only thing that would have caused the crash was the passively cooled chipset, utter fail tbh.

So another dig around and i came across a Danger Den maze 4 with a dodgy intel 975 top or something like that. So quick measurements and bish bash bosh ZAP from the laser

and ta da!

At the moment i am cleaning up an old school Danger Den NV-68 block, one of the first modded for SLi so named the NV-68 (A8N), made specially for the ASUS A8N motherboard, first with SLi.

Still thinking about redoing the acrylic on this block as its all tapped to what i believe is a 9/16 thread and not a G1/4, a G1/4 fits but very loose and piss poor tbh.

Will have a think...
Old 26th Feb 2010, 17:44   #37
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Project went a little quiet due to university hand ins over the past few weeks.

Got my plates the other day, but looking at the front panel, I couldn't leave it as it was so in talks about getting the following made...

in the mean time here is a taster shot

ah much better, this is getting close to project log!

lol, at my rate and funding i would be surprised! However the project finally has its pump, fan controller and another 120mm rad.

Just need to re-design my res and make it!

EDIT

hint of where this is going

Last edited by Burnout21; 26th Feb 2010 at 18:13.
Old 27th Feb 2010, 07:39   #38
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Another render

Went to bed last night thinking about the project, its well a huge case and the colour choice started out a nice dark brown, teak colour. This turned out beyond my budget so moved to automotive paints of bright orange which I love but its a bit loud for my taste.

So an idea of a typical black case, boring as usual! however the feature on the front will be backlit with LED's, white and amber.
Old 27th Feb 2010, 12:09   #39
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Black is the new black.

Can't go wrong, even if colors might suit your individual personality more. I can't think of bright (or any colored) builds in my house, so I build black. And honestly, that last render had both me and dad nodding in approval
Old 27th Feb 2010, 12:21   #40
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

now its rendered in black, and the front panel design is clean and simple it needs to stay black!

glad I gave it a go!

Just trying to sort out the res placement and design at the moment

View Mode