1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Handy Software: Ninite and WintoFlash

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Dec 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

If you're like me you've probably had to install Windows 7 on more than one or two computers recently, either in your household or at work. Unless you're deploying using drive imaging though this can take a while, first waiting for Windows to install and then laboriously installing all the necessary software...

2. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Wow thank you very much, I am definately getting that ninite! I only use a select few programs on my XP installation and that will make the process MUCH quicker.

3. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i may be an old fuddy duddy when it comes to this sort of thing but i prefer doing them all myself

4. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

you sir, are a legend. gonna reinstall windows 7 when the browser ballot screen goes active and get rid of internet explorer once and for all.

ninite is super sexy... and Harry... you've always been my favourite.

5. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Haha, if only I had known. I am literally just about to do a clean install of Windows 7 so that I can make an image for my SSD coming tomorrow. I suppose I can use Ninite this once at least.

God, the times I have formatted. What a life saver this would have been.

6. mooseguy

mooseguy Crazy Moose

You don't need to wait...
    Just click on 'Turn Windows features on or off' in the start menu, you can get rid of IE there.

7. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Hmm, very handy that Ninite. Just formatted now before making an image, and it does everything with very little fuss. Will be awesome when it can do a lot more programs.

8. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

indeed, but then steam doesnt function quite right, unless anyone has a solution... :D

9. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

WintoFlash seems interesting to me. Although I read this one day to late as I have just upgraded my Gaming Laptop to Win7. Although I havn't done my main gaming PC yet so I will try this out.

Dumb question - Can I use a USB external HD instead of a USB flash drive?

In regards to the other program well tbh I prefer to do this myself. I had meticulously set up folders of programs I wanted to install on my external HD which were installed one by one once I had Win 7 fully setup.

As I get new programs (which I may wish to use in the future) I back them up into these folders. Whilst this may take more time I prefer the thorough approach. Also, alot of the programs I needed to install I had backed up from the previous Vista install so I had to do them manually.

10. centy

centy DFI Nutter

If i set it up and download the ninite installer now but not install it for a while, will it fetch any updated versions of the software or do I need to run set it up closer to the time I'm doing a fresh install?

Tags: Add Tags