bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 5th Jan 2010, 14:17   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Interest in Android surges

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...droid-surges/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2010, 14:42   #2
msm722
Multimodder

msm722 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
People are getting wise to the crazy prices of the iPhone and are realising Android is pretty damn good. It offers pretty much everything the iPhone does, plus more, without the scene tax.
msm722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2010, 14:55   #3
eddtox
Homo Interneticus

eddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No surprise there really.. Still, no mention of Blackberry or Maemo? I've got a bold atm but I'm considering the N900 come spring. Like the look of android, but, I'm not sure I want to hand my phone over to google yet..
eddtox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2010, 15:05   #4
Denis_iii
Ultramodder

Denis_iii has yet to learn the way of the DremelDenis_iii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Android will come out on top very soon IMO, loads of Android 2.1 handsets coming out this year vs Apples locked down costly iPhone. I think Blackberry and Palm will see sense soon and shift to Android.
But why o why does it have to be a google product!!!!!!! they scare me
Denis_iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2010, 15:25   #5
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.
Android is brilliant, not sure why people are afraid of Google, i see very little evidence of Google on Android as it is, in fact, i've only had to sign into 1 thing for Google, and that was mail, nothing else.

Sam

The Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, SB i3 2350m, 8GB DDR3, 256GB 830 SSD, Intel 6235 Wifi N/BT 4.0, Dell 5550 3G/GPS
The Server: Phenom 2 x6, 8GB DDR3, 3TB Seagate, 2TB WD Green, 2*1TB Samsung F1
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2010, 15:33   #6
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Love Android, and tbh it's not really surprising that interest is picking up, I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit #1 before 2 years are up.

Android devices are pretty good and Google have been doing a great job at bringing out new versions & features rapidly.
Old 5th Jan 2010, 15:47   #7
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I want an iphone except for one thing - the iphone!

all i ask is a phone with support for last.fm and spotify and isn't locked down like the US airports are at the moment!

I've been waiting ages for some better looking (pronounced "smaller") android phones to come out, and my next upgrade window is this summer! exciting times!
Old 5th Jan 2010, 16:33   #8
Darkedge
Supermodder

Darkedge has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
and missing from this article is the words IN THE US as it's a US survey but is being shoved down everyone's throats all over the world to promote Android. Yeah it's better than the iPhone and glad that the hype is deflating but still is a bit silly
Darkedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2010, 16:55   #9
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I love my android phone. HTC's front end makes the difference though.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2010, 17:04   #10
Judge Zetsumei
Minimodder

Judge Zetsumei has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
@mi1ez
Buy an android phone then. I have a HTC Hero and I have last.fm and spotify on it. Support for last.fm on spotify mobile is coming soon according to the developers.
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 -- i5 750 @ 4GHZ H50 -- Asus Maximus III Formula -- 8GB Corsair Dominator GT -- Nvidia GTX680 -- Silent Pro Gold 1200w -- 120GB OCZ Agility -- 2x 750GB Samsung F1 -- 500GB Seagate -- 2TB WD -- 4TB WD -- Silverstone FT02 -- MadCatz M.M.O.7 -- Logitech G15 rev2 -- LG2486L LED -- Logitech Z-5500 5.1[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Judge Zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2010, 17:19   #11
eddtox
Homo Interneticus

eddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by samkiller42 View Post
Android is brilliant, not sure why people are afraid of Google, i see very little evidence of Google on Android as it is, in fact, i've only had to sign into 1 thing for Google, and that was mail, nothing else.

Sam
It's because Google has been slowly retiring its "do no evil" motto and replacing it with a resounding "meh! All your privacies are belong to us!".
eddtox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2010, 17:44   #12
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The survey was of 4000 "prospective smartphone purchasers". Maybe that's the key - millions of people have bought iPhones who wouldn't have considered themselves "prospective smartphone purchasers" - it has a mass appeal that Android simply doesn't as yet. BT readers are in a fairly rarified world of techno-savviness, so most of us are familiar with Android, but to Joe Average, the iPhone is leagues ahead in terms of consumer awareness and desirability.
Old 5th Jan 2010, 21:14   #13
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by msm722
People are getting wise to the crazy prices of the iPhone and are realising Android is pretty damn good. It offers pretty much everything the iPhone does, plus more, without the scene tax.
the iPhone isnt that crazy. the original iPhone with a 2-year contract is $98 and the 3Gs is $197 at WalMart. The Motorola Droid is $188.
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2010, 22:27   #14
leexgx
CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

leexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
problem with the Droid is that not all the software works on it,Hero has issues as well, G1 and G2 are ok thought

wish i never got the White G1 phone as it has defects in the case and the back-light on the keyboard in avg light in the room making the buttons not readable (black version case fits perfectly and back light works due to the keys been black any way)
i7-920 (4Ghz) <> Titian ferna <> Rampage extreme III<> GTX480 <> 6gb 3x2gb OCZ Gold 1600 <> SSD M225 256gb / segate .11 1.5TB <> X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty <> TK 1000w Toughpower <win7 x64> GreenFrog Computers Warrington
leexgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 07:08   #15
lunoob
What's a Dremel?

lunoob has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclean007 View Post
The survey was of 4000 "prospective smartphone purchasers". Maybe that's the key - millions of people have bought iPhones who wouldn't have considered themselves "prospective smartphone purchasers" - it has a mass appeal that Android simply doesn't as yet. BT readers are in a fairly rarified world of techno-savviness, so most of us are familiar with Android, but to Joe Average, the iPhone is leagues ahead in terms of consumer awareness and desirability.
. . . stand by.
lunoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 09:02   #16
msm722
Multimodder

msm722 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj12
Quote:
Originally Posted by msm722
the iPhone isnt that crazy. the original iPhone with a 2-year contract is $98 and the 3Gs is $197 at WalMart. The Motorola Droid is $188.
Total cost of ownership is still very high.
msm722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 09:17   #17
okenobi
Ultramodder

okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddtox View Post
It's because Google has been slowly retiring its "do no evil" motto and replacing it with a resounding "meh! All your privacies are belong to us!".
Quite.

For now, I'm happy with a phone that lets me call people and text them. I'll use my PC for everything else. If I need it, my phone also does the web and photos, but I haven't signed up to anything for the privilege.
okenobi is offline   Reply With Quote