bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 6th Jan 2010, 06:50   #1
SNiiPE_DoGG
Engineering The Extreme

SNiiPE_DoGG has yet to learn the way of the DremelSNiiPE_DoGG has yet to learn the way of the DremelSNiiPE_DoGG has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just Bought a Google Nexus One

So I've just ordered my very own google nexus 1 here in the US! I cant wait to try it out

I've got 14 days to return it but I figured I would post some photos and personal thoughts about the phone when I receive it.

All other Nexus adopters feel free to post your pics and experience with the phone too!

-Ian

|CPU: PHII 955 BE @ 3.8ghz | GPU: 2 x 4890 XXX @ 950 | 8gb Crucial ballistix tracer DDR3 1600 CL8|
SNiiPE_DoGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 07:50   #2
Cateye
Multimodder

Cateye has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Price tag????
Cateye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 08:55   #3
daniel_owen_uk
Supermodder

daniel_owen_uk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
$529 aren't they? (or 179 with a contract)

Looks very nice indeed, love my hero but do slightly miss the screen I had on my Omnia HD (AMOLED), so this should be best of both.

Let us know how you get on.

Last edited by daniel_owen_uk; 6th Jan 2010 at 09:09.
daniel_owen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 14:45   #4
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Mine's arriving tomorrow
Old 6th Jan 2010, 15:01   #5
13en
Multimodder

13en has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's a pretty good price for a phone like that (especially since they are actually using the real exchange rate for USD->GBP, not just 1:1!), I'm really tempted to get one myself. Only problem is I don't know what the customs charges will be, could make it too pricey. Anyone got any experience of importing electronics like this? VAT's easy enough, but there are loads of undisclosed fees on top of that.

Of course, if it's as good as it's been hyped to be it might be worth getting anyway. Let us know how they are
13en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2010, 16:14   #6
SNiiPE_DoGG
Engineering The Extreme

SNiiPE_DoGG has yet to learn the way of the DremelSNiiPE_DoGG has yet to learn the way of the DremelSNiiPE_DoGG has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord7854 View Post
Mine's arriving tomorrow
+1 I just got my fedex tracking number, not sure what I'm gonna do about that signature though... I have work might stay home until it arrives (fedex is usually bout 10:30 am for overnights)

|CPU: PHII 955 BE @ 3.8ghz | GPU: 2 x 4890 XXX @ 950 | 8gb Crucial ballistix tracer DDR3 1600 CL8|
Old 6th Jan 2010, 23:22   #7
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Pssshh, I got a Milestone (Droid to you Americans) yesterday.

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 00:38   #8
Turbotab
I don't touch type, I tard type

Turbotab has yet to learn the way of the DremelTurbotab has yet to learn the way of the DremelTurbotab has yet to learn the way of the DremelTurbotab has yet to learn the way of the DremelTurbotab has yet to learn the way of the DremelTurbotab has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post

I've got 14 days to return it but I figured I would post some photos and personal thoughts about the phone when I receive it.

-Ian
So you've ordered it, just to trial it for a few days, and then return it?
Turbotab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 01:12   #9
SNiiPE_DoGG
Engineering The Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbotab View Post
So you've ordered it, just to trial it for a few days, and then return it?
Well if I dont like it I can return it is all I have a feeling I will be keeping it though

Its just a bit of an issue for me that I have an ATT contract and the Nexus doesnt do ATT 3g, so I may end up going to a plan on t-mobile if the EDGE only with my att plan is insufficient.

then thing is I dont think I will mind because at my university literally everywhere I go I have good wifi and the nexus can make/receive calls using google voice. And its not like edge is terrible, sometimes the 3g at uni is so overloaded by iPhones that the edge is faster.

Old 7th Jan 2010, 01:31   #10
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Quote:
+1 I just got my fedex tracking number, not sure what I'm gonna do about that signature though... I have work might stay home until it arrives (fedex is usually bout 10:30 am for overnights)
I gave them a call cuz I've got work as well, they said all you gotta do is write a note with your signature saying it's ok to leave at door or with a neighbor.
Old 7th Jan 2010, 01:37   #11
SNiiPE_DoGG
Engineering The Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord7854 View Post
I gave them a call cuz I've got work as well, they said all you gotta do is write a note with your signature saying it's ok to leave at door or with a neighbor.
Great tip, Thanks Man!

Old 7th Jan 2010, 08:52   #12
theevilelephant
Ultramodder

theevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysis
So very, very tempted to get one, although after reading the "network compatibility" help thing I am now very confused, will it work on UK 3G networks? bleh
theevilelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 09:44   #13
Zoon
Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilelephant View Post
So very, very tempted to get one, although after reading the "network compatibility" help thing I am now very confused, will it work on UK 3G networks? bleh
Yesterday in the third paragraph, this article http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01..._announcement/ said that its compatible with all UK 3G networks as we use the same bands, however the article has been edited and it no longer says this.

I don't know if that means that was incorrect, or if they just refined the wording for some other reason.
Old 7th Jan 2010, 10:10   #14
theevilelephant
Ultramodder

theevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoon View Post
..... however the article has been edited and it no longer says this...
Bah Humbug, someone from the UK get one and test it please!
theevilelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 10:17   #15
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Its actually quite cheap, might wait till they are available in the UK and punt my Hero and get one the spec is so much higher it may help with the lag the hero some times gets.
Old 7th Jan 2010, 18:35   #16
SNiiPE_DoGG
Engineering The Extreme

Phone is in my hands and charging! haven't even left the lock screen yet though as I don't want to mess with the battery.

Old 7th Jan 2010, 18:53   #17
jezmck
I Mod, Therefore I Own

jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!jezmck - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
sub'd!
Old 7th Jan 2010, 18:55   #18
cyrilthefish
Ultramodder

cyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysis
Quote:
Phone is in my hands and charging! haven't even left the lock screen yet though as I don't want to mess with the battery.
How can you be that patient?
cyrilthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2010, 19:25   #19
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

Quote:
I didn't wait.. I started using it instantly

It's ridiculously fast, the build quality is very very good, feels extremely solid, not too heavy, and really thin.

The screen.. oh man.. the screen. OLED screens are gorgeous. Period. It's stunning to look at, and the touchscreen response is really good, much better than my iPhones from what I can tell.

Loving every minute of this phone so far. The packaging is really nice too, simplistic.

Can't wait to put Cyanogen on this when it's released today/tomorrow.
Old 7th Jan 2010, 19:26   #20
Fitseries3
What's a Dremel?

Fitseries3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
sub'd

i really really really want one of these.

Fitseries3 is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode