Home-cut jibs at discount Prices

Cutter McJ1b has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Easy Core i3 Upgrade?

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/01...re-i3-upgrade/

Cutter McJ1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2010, 14:16   #2
okenobi
Ultramodder

okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Yes, it's cheap. But I wouldn't buy from OcUK. I still think a 530 with the P55-UD2 is a smart way to go, as there's room for an i5/i7 in the future.

I would also still like to see some numbers on i3-530 vs AMD Phenom II X2 550BE as budget options.

If Scan were to offer a bundle with a similar overclock and a Fenrir - that could well interest me.
okenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2010, 16:05   #3
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well you can ask them to change certain partsd, such as a fenrir, not sure about memory but possibly.
I live next CCL but ocuk just cant be beat in price most of the time imo.
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2010, 18:20   #4
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That is around the same price I got my i7 motherboard/CPU/RAM/cooler for.
It was most definitely second hand, the stepping is the older sort and the motherboard is a bit suspect but I would go for second hand faster over new, slower components any day.
Old 15th Jan 2010, 19:01   #5
Farfalho
Supermodder

Farfalho has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OCuk sell pretty good bundle's and although I'm an AMD user, I think that is quite a bundle with out-of-store oc, you still got guarantee of that from OCuk although the manufacturer is gone. Pretty sweet actually
Farfalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2010, 16:27   #6
vampalan
Multimodder

vampalan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A quick search for "online shop review" overclockers found:
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews5686.html
vampalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2010, 15:21   #7
dec
[blank space]

dec has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
thats pretty bold. bringing 4ghz to the entry level. that takes the fun (and stress ) out of doing it yourself though.

@okenobi - i dont think we'll see that comparison because nehalem is so much better than K10.5 and 550BE are only $30 or so cheaper than i3-530's.
Old 18th Jan 2010, 11:58   #8
joco2_uk
Multimodder

joco2_uk is definitely a rep cheat.joco2_uk is definitely a rep cheat.joco2_uk is definitely a rep cheat.joco2_uk is definitely a rep cheat.joco2_uk is definitely a rep cheat.joco2_uk is definitely a rep cheat.joco2_uk is definitely a rep cheat.joco2_uk is definitely a rep cheat.joco2_uk is definitely a rep cheat.joco2_uk is definitely a rep cheat.joco2_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
It would still be interesting to see how far ahead it was compared to the 550BE
joco2_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2010, 11:03   #9
woodss
Yes Louis Wu

woodss has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampalan View Post
A quick search for "online shop review" overclockers found:
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews5686.html
when they first started ocUK was a bit of a pain for me, but only in that 2 deliveries took 1 week each. But this was years ago and now they are flawless from my last few years using them, id rate them everytime.
woodss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2010, 15:13   #10
okenobi
Ultramodder

okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodss View Post
when they first started ocUK was a bit of a pain for me, but only in that 2 deliveries took 1 week each. But this was years ago and now they are flawless from my last few years using them, id rate them everytime.
Well my bad experiences were a while ago too, but that kind of rep is hard to improve. Especially when the people you're now happy with haven't messed up yet.
okenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 23:58   #11
Landy_Ed
Ultramodder

Landy_Ed is definitely a rep cheat.Landy_Ed is definitely a rep cheat.Landy_Ed is definitely a rep cheat.Landy_Ed is definitely a rep cheat.Landy_Ed is definitely a rep cheat.Landy_Ed is definitely a rep cheat.Landy_Ed is definitely a rep cheat.Landy_Ed is definitely a rep cheat.Landy_Ed is definitely a rep cheat.Landy_Ed is definitely a rep cheat.Landy_Ed is definitely a rep cheat.
Is it my imagination, or are the same combination of parts available from Scan for £42 less? in these forums I'd say that much of a variance is relevant!