bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th Jan 2010, 17:07   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Gaming Podcast 9 - AvP, Heavy Rain and Hellgate

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/podcast...rain-and-hell/

The colossus which is the bit-tech gaming podcast may be slow to wake after the excitement of new year, but when it gets going then there's little that will stop it!

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2010, 17:29   #2
woodss
Yes Louis Wu

woodss has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Heavy rain is going to be SWEEEET
Old 20th Jan 2010, 10:13   #3
runadumb
Supermodder

runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
after 15 mins i gave up. mic levels are all over the place and my phone volume is macedonia out. do me a favour, download your own podcast and listen to it on the way home. then ask yourselves if you would bother with it.

cheers on the AvP multiplayer info though
runadumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 10:24   #4
Hg
The game known as life

Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Really cant wait for Heavy rain, its on my pre-order list along with many other games like BFBC2, dante's inferno, God Of War III, Final Fantasy XIII just to name a few.
I hope 2010 turns out to be another good year for game releases!
Trident- My first case mod, Project Log
Hg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 11:35   #5
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by runadumb View Post
after 15 mins i gave up. mic levels are all over the place and my phone volume is macedonia out. do me a favour, download your own podcast and listen to it on the way home. then ask yourselves if you would bother with it.

This does seem to be a recurring problem and one we're anxious to fix. The problem is that the volume on the Mac we edit it with is absolutely fine when I listen to it both during and after the edit. If anything the volume has to be turned really far down, yet when we put the podcast live people always complain it's too quiet. It's quite baffling.

I promise I'll get it fixed for the next podcast though, even if I have to spend hours tinkering with individual channels and levels.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:17   #6
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The volumes aren't that bad, I noticed it at the start but didn't notice after a while.

ps. It's annoying when you slag off modern warfare on consoles.
Old 20th Jan 2010, 14:07   #7
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think it's just one person sitting further away than the others from the mic, as Jamie said you tend to get used to it after a while.

another great podcast guys, although, I think you need to put the email addy for the competition in the podcast blog post.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 15:07   #8
runadumb
Supermodder

runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by runadumb View Post

This does seem to be a recurring problem and one we're anxious to fix. The problem is that the volume on the Mac we edit it with is absolutely fine when I listen to it both during and after the edit. If anything the volume has to be turned really far down, yet when we put the podcast live people always complain it's too quiet. It's quite baffling.

I promise I'll get it fixed for the next podcast though, even if I have to spend hours tinkering with individual channels and levels.
thanks for reply. i know people have mentioned its fine when you get used to it but thats probably when your at home on your pc. i listen to podcasts in the car or when out and about and find large bits of it completely inaudible. maybe my phone has a low max volume but i tell you what, if i forget to disable the 1 volume for everything setting and receive a text it blows my head off, killing innocent bystanders.

ps that macedonia bit...was meant to read maximium. odd
runadumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 19:56   #9
demonisch
Minimodder

demonisch has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi, I am Andy, the guy who won the caption competition. Just want to save my pride as a Nightwish fan. I said that the song "Balls to the wall" was by the German metal band "Accept". You have quoted me saying the song is by Nightwish ><

Brilliant pod-cast otherwise. Had no issues with the volume.
demonisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 20:47   #10
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I just assumed you played magic the gathering joe
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 21:19   #11
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonisch View Post
Hi, I am Andy, the guy who won the caption competition. Just want to save my pride as a Nightwish fan. I said that the song "Balls to the wall" was by the German metal band "Accept". You have quoted me saying the song is by Nightwish ><

Brilliant pod-cast otherwise. Had no issues with the volume.
Whoops - sorry!

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 21st Jan 2010, 23:06   #12
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blademrk View Post
I think it's just one person sitting further away than the others from the mic, as Jamie said you tend to get used to it after a while.
Maybe they could all use call centre head microphones. That way everyone's mic would be a constant distance from their mouth.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 10:21   #13
r4tch3t
hmmmm....

r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.r4tch3t is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Great podcast, but I too would like more consistent and louder volume level.
I listen on my PSP at max volume and can't hear it very well at work.

Also Nightwish cheesecake.
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 09:21   #14
damienVC
Multimodder

damienVC has yet to learn the way of the DremeldamienVC has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi guys,

Ta for reading out my letter about on-line IDs! It was quite funny hearing someone else read out what I'd written - made me sound like a right old whinger. You were right though - damienvc is my 'real' name, vc is a shortened version of my surname (which is dutch and ridiculously long).

Now where the free stuff you promised reader mail in Gaming Podcast 8...that was the only reason I wrote in, to blag something!!! I'm expecting a decent gaming laptop at the very least!!

I have to agree with the volume levels, sorry! I listen in the car and they are all over the place. Great podcast though, keep it up!