bit-tech.net

Old 5th Jun 2010, 22:44   #181
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModaRobby View Post
Do you post tweets on twitter or hoots on hooter?
Twitter - occasionally. No idea what hooter is
Old 5th Jun 2010, 22:50   #182
ModaRobby
Supermodder

ModaRobby has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Twitter - occasionally. No idea what hooter is
Just another owl avatar joke
Old 5th Jun 2010, 22:51   #183
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Of course. I'm slow today, just woke up.
Old 6th Jun 2010, 19:32   #184
pistol_pete
Air Cooled Fool

pistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good jigsaw work! And the metal looks amazing.

For cutting the acrylic in my project I got special acrylic blades for my jigsaw, they made a big difference. The finish is really good, and they cut straight enought without a guide not to notice for cuts <10cm.

Have you got much acrylic cutting left to do? I can sell/donate you a spare blade?
- Q6600 G0(9x333) -- Asus P5k Premium -- 4GB Ballistix DDR2-800 -- EVGA GTX570 -- OCZ Vertex 2E 128GB -- 500GB Samsung F2 -- Antec Truepower New 650W -- Samsung Syncmaster 206BW -- Razer Lycosa, DeathAdder, and Destructor -- Custom Buitl Watercooled Case --

Pistol Pete's Project Perspiration Project Log
pistol_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2010, 20:46   #185
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
What's your trouble with flickr? I find it very convenient.
I Just couldn't get used to it.. I like the way in photo bucket you can view all your images as thumbs with copyable IMG tags, Makes it really fast when uploading a log with 20 or so images

Quote:
Originally Posted by dembones View Post
Damn that's nice.
Thankyou

Quote:
Do you post tweets on twitter or hoots on hooter?
I looked at twitter once and I never really understood what it was for or what I was ment to be doing on it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreenname View Post
You could use Bit-Tech's hosting.
I'm not 100% sure but I think BT has a limit to how many pictures you can store per account

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol_pete View Post
Good jigsaw work! And the metal looks amazing.

For cutting the acrylic in my project I got special acrylic blades for my jigsaw, they made a big difference. The finish is really good, and they cut straight enought without a guide not to notice for cuts <10cm.

Have you got much acrylic cutting left to do? I can sell/donate you a spare blade?
Thanks pete and thanks for the offer of the blade, I was looking into some blades for plastic as the one I'm using at the moment is the standard blade that was in the saw when I borrowed it. the problem I found was that the jigsaw is from Aldi lol so its impossible to find blades with the same shaped head. For the metal blade I had to use a bosch bit and then file some of it away even then it still rattles about in the shaft when I'm sawing lol. Think a decent jigsaw is on my birthday list

Edit.... forgot to say that your log was one of the very first I read and loved every minute of it still remember that little green darwinian lol

--------------------------------------

Well I've been away visiting family over the weekend so no modding but I did come back with some goodies from my dads workshop

So there may not be an update for a few more days as I annihilate my scrap pile while learning how to use a router

Also while at a friends house marvelling at his watercooling set up he gave me about a meter of 1/2" tygon that was laying about... after seeing it and feeling the quality I feel its defiantly the way to go! all that's left now stumping up the cash for all those lovely new fittings

Last edited by Editor22; 6th Jun 2010 at 20:49. Reason: missed a bit :X
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2010, 20:54   #186
ModaRobby
Supermodder

Lol about the tweet and hooter thing, i was making an owl joke about stonedsurds avatar.
Old 6th Jun 2010, 21:12   #187
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
lol sorry I just got back from a 6 hour drive in the rain
Old 6th Jun 2010, 21:24   #188
ModaRobby
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
lol sorry I just got back from a 6 hour drive in the rain
As long as you "LOLed" after I explained it then the joke still succeeded.
Old 6th Jun 2010, 22:09   #189
pistol_pete
Air Cooled Fool

pistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
Thanks pete and thanks for the offer of the blade, I was looking into some blades for plastic as the one I'm using at the moment is the standard blade that was in the saw when I borrowed it. the problem I found was that the jigsaw is from Aldi lol so its impossible to find blades with the same shaped head. For the metal blade I had to use a bosch bit and then file some of it away even then it still rattles about in the shaft when I'm sawing lol. Think a decent jigsaw is on my birthday list

Edit.... forgot to say that your log was one of the very first I read and loved every minute of it still remember that little green darwinian lol
Awesome, thanks. It puts me to shame to think that entire projects have come and gone since I started mine.

No bother with the blades, the smallest pack I could find was a pack of 5, and they don't go blunt so I'm not sure what to use them all for!
- Q6600 G0(9x333) -- Asus P5k Premium -- 4GB Ballistix DDR2-800 -- EVGA GTX570 -- OCZ Vertex 2E 128GB -- 500GB Samsung F2 -- Antec Truepower New 650W -- Samsung Syncmaster 206BW -- Razer Lycosa, DeathAdder, and Destructor -- Custom Buitl Watercooled Case --

Pistol Pete's Project Perspiration Project Log
pistol_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2010, 15:21   #190
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Its been fairly hectic these past few days plus I've not been feeling great so only have enough for a light update. My prizes for the MNPC-tech competition came though which included a 120.2 grill with rotating centres and some case feet. After a few minutes the case was resting on the feet and the grill was on. It was a real tight fit between the grill and the bolts holding the panel on but thankfully someone must have been watching over me when I was doing the measuring as there is about a 0.75mm gap

The stuff from Bill just oozes quality.

I also received an early birthday present in the way of a intel X25 160GB SSD

Mainly due to my inexperience The grills for the top panel really didn't work as well as I had hoped so they had to be cut out in favour of a straight hole and mesh. The protective film was removed mainly do to me being impatient but also because I'll be masking it all up ready for sanding as the stock film has a tendency to fail when there's small flecks of metal about.

You can also now see the SSD window on the left.

Sorry its not a huge update but my trusty friend Lemsip will have me modding again by the weekend
Old 10th Jun 2010, 19:12   #191
ModaRobby
Supermodder

I like both the grills. Very nice, and an interesting idea to showcase the SSD; which looks pretty sweet btw.
Old 10th Jun 2010, 19:45   #192
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Man, the first pic in the last update looks fantastic! I don't know what finish
you have planned, but it sure looks sweet as is.
Old 10th Jun 2010, 20:21   #193
Nicksen
Danish Kid :D

Nicksen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Amazing as always!
Nicksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2010, 20:35   #194
Monsta
Dremel Blades in ma head!

Monsta has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Loving this project...

Subbed

Unfortunately there are several things you are doing that I was planning for my upcoming large project which I now have to change... lol
Monsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2010, 20:38   #195
Fabou
Supermodder

Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This aluminium is gorgeous and it goes really well with the blue inside. As oldnewby said the first pic is full of win.
I really like your comment mate I wish I could express myself like this too! Thanks buddy!!
Fabou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2010, 21:42   #196
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabou View Post
This aluminium is gorgeous and it goes really well with the blue inside. As oldnewby said the first pic is full of win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksen View Post
Amazing as always!
Thanks guys

Quote:
I like both the grills. Very nice, and an interesting idea to showcase the SSD; which looks pretty sweet btw.
All I have to do now is design the mounting system

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewby View Post
Man, the first pic in the last update looks fantastic! I don't know what finish
you have planned, but it sure looks sweet as is.
I was going to get it powder coated then I was going to anodise it but after I read in your log about how anodising can sometimes accentuate scratches and scuffs I'm thinking I might paint it lol
Old 10th Jun 2010, 23:28   #197
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Man, this is one of my favorite mods at the moment!
The bend on the sidepanel, onto the frontpanel looks beyond awsome
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2010, 00:16   #198
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsta View Post
Loving this project...

Subbed

Unfortunately there are several things you are doing that I was planning for my upcoming large project which I now have to change... lol
Hey thanks, Don't change it on my account, I doubt I was the first and I sure as hell wont be the last maybe you can see some of the mistakes I've made and improve on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
Man, this is one of my favorite mods at the moment!
The bend on the sidepanel, onto the frontpanel looks beyond awsome
Thanks pope I might venture out to one of these here gatherings you folks go to when she's finished
Old 11th Jun 2010, 01:17   #199
LooseNeutral
this Avatar stays till I get bored

LooseNeutral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
She's going to play the players. Sweet blue eyes. Wonder what she'll wear to the party. That case is pushing "R" rated as is. Sweet. Can't wait to see what dress she steps out with! Drool
LooseNeutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2010, 09:41   #200
StEm
Multimodder

StEm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Really starting to see it all come together now.. good work!!

I so want to get my hands on a drill press, gawd it would make things so much easier than using a hand drill!!

View Mode