bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 16th May 2010, 15:21   #101
Fabou
Supermodder

Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Amazing. I just read the whole thread and your mod is impressive. Every piece of metal is cut and bended the way it has to be and fits exactly in your case. Plus it looks like your 3d model.
I really like your comment mate I wish I could express myself like this too! Thanks buddy!!
Fabou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 18:33   #102
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run Crysis
Damn 2 updates in 1 day! I sat back in my chair after the last and just couldn't relax knowing the panel was there waiting to have a window cut out.. so here's what I did.

Started off by mounting the panel back on and making an outline in red.

Then went on the measure out the window cut out size (blue) and the plexi size (green)

Got the jigsaw out and started to cut out staying about 2mm from the lines. Really surprised myself how steady my hands were today... must have been all the sugar from the mini yum yums

Nearly done.

After about 20 mins I was left with this

Just some lights on and off shots to finish up a productive week.. enjoy

Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 18:42   #103
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
The sex....

Nuff said
[i7-4700K][Asus Maximus VI Hero][H100i][R9 270X][HyperX Beast 32GB 2400mhz][NI KORE][1TB WD Caviar Black][Corsair 450W VS][Cosmos SE][Razer Abyssus][Microsoft Reclusa][Samsung S27C450B][Behringer B1031A][Shure SE215]
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2010, 21:47   #104
ModaRobby
Supermodder

ModaRobby has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looooookin' schweeeeeeeet!
Old 17th May 2010, 02:04   #105
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Wow......
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 02:18   #106
ModaRobby
Supermodder

I hope that's a good wow Ang3l....
Old 17th May 2010, 02:31   #107
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very cool window, and nice lighting. Very well done.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 07:46   #108
Fabou
Supermodder

Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sweet lighting. Can't wait to see it with a real motherboard.
I really like your comment mate I wish I could express myself like this too! Thanks buddy!!
Old 17th May 2010, 14:59   #109
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadP1xels View Post
The sex....

Nuff said
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModaRobby View Post
Looooookin' schweeeeeeeet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
Wow......
Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
Very cool window, and nice lighting. Very well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabou View Post
Sweet lighting. Can't wait to see it with a real motherboard.
thanks guys glad everyone likes the progress so far... got totally carried away in photoshop today with the window design and colour, this is what I came up with.

Would love some feedback if there's any going
Old 17th May 2010, 15:01   #110
Anubus
Multimodder

Anubus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice colors you have for the outside of the case.
And you could try to bevel an edge on the plexi window;p
Old 18th May 2010, 02:01   #111
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I do like the window and the black looks quit enice as well. Have you thought about perhaps painting the case white?
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 07:15   #112
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubus View Post
Nice colors you have for the outside of the case.
And you could try to bevel an edge on the plexi window;p
I've been practising creating bevelled edges with the jigsaw (as I don't own a router) and I'm still working out some bumps but its getting there

Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
I do like the window and the black looks quit enice as well. Have you thought about perhaps painting the case white?
I'd gone through a few differnt colours for the outside but in the end black just worked better with my current accessories (samsung monitor, g15, g5, sony amp. have toyed with the idea of going white internal though, either that or an electric blue similar to this.

Think I'll probably finish the case and use it unpainted for a few weeks to draw out any flaws and then see about finding a powder coaters
Old 18th May 2010, 08:36   #113
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Looking good, nice powder coat color too
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 08:45   #114
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
I've been practising creating bevelled edges with the jigsaw (as I don't own a router) and I'm still working out some bumps but its getting there
Try a belt sander. Perhaps there's a machine shop nearby where you could get some time with the tools?
Old 18th May 2010, 13:21   #115
ModaRobby
Supermodder

I dig that blue you posted. Would look good on the inside.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:48   #116
Fabou
Supermodder

Yeah the eletric blue is awesome. And I think it would be great with your blue lighting.
Old 18th May 2010, 19:11   #117
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Try a belt sander. Perhaps there's a machine shop nearby where you could get some time with the tools?
The problem I'm having on the test pieces is trying to get a nice finish on the inside of corners.
No machine shop unfortunately but I may be able to borrow my dads router next time I go up to see him

Well its a long way from the powder coaters at the moment but I need to keep myself amused while I'm resting from a hard weeks modding seeing as everyones liking the blue idea here's a rough look at it.

Old 20th May 2010, 16:54   #118
Nicksen
Danish Kid :D

Nicksen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Updates plz?
Nicksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 19:07   #119
Editor22
E22.BIZ

I'm still working on evolution but as before its only little bits so nothing "log worthy" anyhow I thought I'd record a small video to show a friend then decided to post it up for you all to see the lighting a bit better, now its not great quality as the only recording device I own is my i-phone but I think it shows it better than pictures

Old 21st May 2010, 23:48   #120
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModaRobby View Post
I hope that's a good wow Ang3l....
Its an excitement speechless moment!

Nice video buddy! I would prefer if you are going to leave that fluorescent blue acrylic as it is, to paint the case all black. If you are going to paint some parts of the case blue, then use a clear acrylic with ambient blue lighting inside. Just my opinion. I like it either way! Mod on man!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode