bit-tech.net

Old 30th May 2010, 20:39   #141
skreenname
Allons-y!

skreenname has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love how industrial that looks.
<3

I may be a bit late to the party, but in my opinion the CoolerMaster fans are a bit loud.
It might just be the air they're pushing, but If I can hear them, they're too loud.
And I can hear them.

:(
skreenname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 22:45   #142
Anubus
Multimodder

Anubus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love smoked plexi

This is going to be awesome!
Old 31st May 2010, 02:01   #143
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
I hadn't noticed how the side panel wraps around the front. Very tasty.
Old 31st May 2010, 02:10   #144
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's some great metal work there . It's looking really great.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 09:35   #145
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skreenname View Post
I love how industrial that looks.
<3

I may be a bit late to the party, but in my opinion the CoolerMaster fans are a bit loud.
It might just be the air they're pushing, but If I can hear them, they're too loud.
And I can hear them.

:(
I feel the same which is why I have a box on its way from Germany right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubus View Post
I love smoked plexi

This is going to be awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewby View Post
I hadn't noticed how the side panel wraps around the front. Very tasty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
That's some great metal work there . It's looking really great.
Thanks guys
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 13:06   #146
Nicksen
Danish Kid :D

Nicksen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice work :O
Nicksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 17:51   #147
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Ok so until I stump up the cash for a new graphics card I'll be leaving my 4890 on air which means some temporary ventilation needs to be made in the top of the case. To try and bring it in with the SSD window I designed this panel to run over the top of the case.

Excuse the quick render but it shows what I'm thinking more or less

The plan is to use this until I go watercooling on the gfx at which point I'll fabricate a new plexi panel without the grill and just have a fancy looking top window to showcase the gfx plate.

But first the SSD window

Same old story of cutting, filing and light sanding to end up with this.

Next onto the plexi cut out a panel and clamped it down to the aluminium top to transfer the mounting holes across.

The holes were then countersunk and using m4 bolts it was fastened to the frame.

I'm using a radiator template again for the 15mm space. This is because I want the option of adding a second loop in case the 2 stealth's don't cut it when the gfx is added.

A quick test fit later and I'm less then impressed by the 1mm clearance over the cardboard motherboard template but I think it will suffice and shouldn't niggle at me to much for the couple of months its going to be in place.

That's all I've got :P

Last edited by Editor22; 31st May 2010 at 17:56. Reason: Typos :S
Old 31st May 2010, 18:04   #148
Fabou
Supermodder

Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sweet. The more you make progresss, the more I want to see!
I really like your comment mate I wish I could express myself like this too! Thanks buddy!!
Fabou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 20:12   #149
Nicksen
Danish Kid :D

Nicksen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Once again: "Nice work :O"

I love the top panel!
Nicksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2010, 00:11   #150
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabou View Post
Sweet. The more you make progresss, the more I want to see!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksen View Post
Once again: "Nice work :O"

I love the top panel!

Thanks guys
Old 1st Jun 2010, 00:49   #151
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Even I missed the fact that the side panel wraps around. Great idea and execution!
Old 1st Jun 2010, 14:40   #152
brinkz0r
Hypermodder

brinkz0r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I missed the entire project, that's even worse Great work Editor22, I'm following from now on.
brinkz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2010, 17:03   #153
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Even I missed the fact that the side panel wraps around. Great idea and execution!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkz0r View Post
I missed the entire project, that's even worse Great work Editor22, I'm following from now on.
Welcome aboard Brinkz0r
Old 1st Jun 2010, 18:10   #154
ModaRobby
Supermodder

ModaRobby has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Still lovin this mod editor22. Unfortunately, due to my dumb-ass, I missed your last two updates because I didn't realize bit-tech won't send you subscription updates if you don't sign in.... Lol
Old 1st Jun 2010, 21:48   #155
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Started today by editing the radiator template for the cut outs then masking it to the top panel.

I went all cheap and decided to use the jigsaw rather than buy a large costly hole saw so some holes needed to be made to get the blade in.... and yes I'm padding a light update :P

Had to go really slow and steady with the jigsaw so no working shots but as you can see its not that bad of a circle
Threw a couple of fans in for a test fit then fancied trying it with some mesh.

How it looks together.. I'm really bad for assembling the case after every small change to make sure the design is still working.

Finally a small video of the work done this evening.

well that's it from me tonight
Old 1st Jun 2010, 21:59   #156
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for president
So much epic it hurts

[i7-4700K][Asus Maximus VI Hero][H100i][R9 270X][HyperX Beast 32GB 2400mhz][NI KORE][1TB WD Caviar Black][Corsair 450W VS][Cosmos SE][Razer Abyssus][Microsoft Reclusa][Samsung S27C450B][Behringer B1031A][Shure SE215]
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2010, 22:02   #157
Remmes
Be One With Your Mod

Remmes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looks good, when fully building don't put in the fans the wrong way
i really like the looks of that alu + the blue lighting what, colour will it be in the end, or will it stay like this??
Remmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 01:19   #158
skreenname
Allons-y!

skreenname has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm assuming you did some filing after you cut those holes?

They're too perfect.
._.
skreenname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 01:26   #159
ModaRobby
Supermodder

ModaRobby has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lookin schweeeeeet!
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 06:58   #160
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadP1xels View Post
So much epic it hurts

Thanks dude :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmes View Post
looks good, when fully building don't put in the fans the wrong way
i really like the looks of that alu + the blue lighting what, colour will it be in the end, or will it stay like this??
Im not sure which way the fans will go in yet, I may just run some stress tests and go with what ever performs better. As for the case... it will be powder coated I'm thinking satin black internal and gloss black external.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreenname View Post
I'm assuming you did some filing after you cut those holes?

They're too perfect.
._.
You know, all I've done in those shots is remove the tape. There is still a few rough edges though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModaRobby View Post
Lookin schweeeeeet!
Thanks Robby

View Mode