bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:22   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
BioShock 2 available on Steam

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ble-on-steam/1

Valve and 2K Games have announced that BioShock 2 is available to pre-purchase on Steam.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:29   #2
BlackMage23
RPG Loving Freak

BlackMage23 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'll be impressed when steam pricing can match sites like Play on new titles.
Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:30   #3
Jenny_Y8S

I must fire up the original again some time, I only got a couple of hours into it before something else stole my time. Is it really as good as everyone says?
Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:31   #4
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMage23 View Post
I'll be impressed when steam pricing can match sites like Play on new titles.
Bioshock 2 is cheaper on steam then play now at pre order, and if you get it off steam you get BS1 for free.
13eightyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:31   #5
pizan
that's n00b-tastic

pizan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I got the first one during the steam holiday sale. I heard so much about it and got bored 20 min into it. Also the graphics looked worse then a source engine game.
Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:40   #6
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I also didn't get into it, may have to try it again, but the graphics are (or were) glorious!
Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:40   #7
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
except the lack of in-game AA option!
Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:41   #8
Hg
The game known as life

Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Even cheaper if done via a a 4 pack
Trident- My first case mod, Project Log
Hg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:42   #9
woodss
Yes Louis Wu

woodss has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is it worth playing if I didnt play the first one? or should I go through that first? If so I probably wont ever get round to the both of them!
Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:43   #10
andrew8200m
All of the hilarious

andrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The 80 packate for 4x bioshock2 and 4x bioshock i think is a brilliant little deal! All you need though are 4 people to go dibs on it...

Andy
andrew8200m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:43   #11
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cue big argument about aspect ratios and cropping from PC gamers.
Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:46   #12
andrew8200m
All of the hilarious

andrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Lol... We're all nice here, it wont happen Im sure

Andy
andrew8200m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:46   #13
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Cue pointless argument about aspect ratios and cropping from PC gamers.
fixed

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 20th Jan 2010, 13:47   #14
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_Y8S View Post
Is it really as good as everyone says?
no, no its not.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 14:27   #15
DeathAwaitsU
I'm Back :D

DeathAwaitsU has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeathAwaitsU has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeathAwaitsU has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeathAwaitsU has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yes it is!

And Want!
But unfortunately V-day is sucking up all my cash atm, and its not even here yet :/
Old 20th Jan 2010, 14:32   #16
sear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Cue pointless argument about aspect ratios and cropping from PC gamers.
fixed
Cue idiot who doesn't have a widescreen display ridiculing others who do.
Old 20th Jan 2010, 14:34   #17
bruce12345
Minimodder

bruce12345 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Agree with Gunsmith, overhyped.
bruce12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 14:37   #18
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I binned the first one, won't be touching this pile of same ole...
Old 20th Jan 2010, 14:42   #19
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Just because it was hyped doesn't mean it wasn't an amazing game, it just means your expectations got too high.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 20th Jan 2010, 14:47   #20
Omnituens
Hypermodder

Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
We all know what ruined the first one.

Consoles.

The game was so consolified it hurt to play it. Which is shame, because it had so much promise.