bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 20th Jan 2010, 18:03   #1
cyrilthefish
Ultramodder

cyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysis
Bioshock 2 Pre-order thread

Right, steam has a 4 pack of Bioshock 2 to pre-order that is a fair bit cheaper than buying individually.

single copy = 26.99
4 pack = 80.97 = 20.25 per copy

each copy includes a giftable copy of the original Bioshock as well

For those of us that don't know 3 other people willing to pre-order, makes sense to pool together here

I'm not sure on numbers myself here yet, but i'm likely to have at least 2 copies available if i get the 4 pack
EDIT: game seems to have activation limits so i can no longer justify buying this game

Last edited by cyrilthefish; 22nd Jan 2010 at 15:08.
cyrilthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 18:11   #2
mjm25
Supermodder

mjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
good man, i just need to make sure that a mate of mine isnt doing it first, as we are buddies in that regard, and i'll get back on here! don't wait for me dude, i'll be back on this thread when i'm ready
Old 20th Jan 2010, 18:15   #3
smc8788
potato

smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Does you know if you can gift Bioshock 1 and 2 separately? I already own the original on Steam so it makes no sense for me if there's someone who doesn't. Otherwise, count me in.
Other stuff I own: [BenQ XL2411T/Dell 2407WFP] - [Razer Blackwidow Tournament Stealth] - [Zowie FK] - [Sennheiser HD800] - [Audez'e LCD2 rev. 2] - [Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies] - [Philips 46PFL9705H] - [Onkyo TX-NR515] - [B&W 685]

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 18:23   #4
mjm25
Supermodder

mjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc8788 View Post
Does you know if you can gift Bioshock 1 and 2 separately? I already own the original on Steam so it makes no sense for me if there's someone who doesn't. Otherwise, count me in.
it's just a free bundle mate, you get bioshock 1 for free, you're not paying any extra for it. i might have misunderstood your question though.
Old 20th Jan 2010, 18:25   #5
cyrilthefish
Ultramodder

cyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysis
It does seem the bioshock 1 and 2 gift passes are completely separate.
i bet theres going to be a lot of bioshock 1 passes being given away
Old 20th Jan 2010, 18:28   #6
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
ah wish you guys lived over here.. I'd go in on that deal
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 18:40   #7
smc8788
potato

smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm25 View Post
it's just a free bundle mate, you get bioshock 1 for free, you're not paying any extra for it. i might have misunderstood your question though.
I see, but still, it's a bit pointless getting the same game twice

If they're separate though that's fine, I'll just take Bioshock 2 and Biosock 1 can go to whoever wants it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz View Post
ah wish you guys lived over here.. I'd go in on that deal
It's not region restricted AFAIK, I've gifted games to people in the US before
Other stuff I own: [BenQ XL2411T/Dell 2407WFP] - [Razer Blackwidow Tournament Stealth] - [Zowie FK] - [Sennheiser HD800] - [Audez'e LCD2 rev. 2] - [Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies] - [Philips 46PFL9705H] - [Onkyo TX-NR515] - [B&W 685]

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 18:46   #8
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That's only if you do the prepurchase deal it seems I've already got 1 so I might go for it and give bioshock 1 away

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 19:40   #9
Teelzebub

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Just pre ordered geting bored with Batman lol

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Old 20th Jan 2010, 20:49   #10
Panomama
I once signed up on uniform dating

Panomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for president
I don't have BioShock 1 and i want it so you could give them too me
Old 20th Jan 2010, 22:18   #11
Teelzebub

Well asked my daughter and my son and neither of them want it they reckon they'r to old for games wait tll they reach my age .
So I'm thinking I might do some kind of a competition for it if I'm allowed to so if theres a mod watching this thread please let me know.
I thinking something like starting a thread anyone wanting it would have to post the following
I would like to have that copy of bioshock 1 cos _ _ _ _ _ _ and fill in the blanks and the one with the most different post by a deadline wins might be fun what do you think ?

Old 20th Jan 2010, 22:35   #12
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
you do realise that BS2 is DRM'd to hell and back?
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2010, 23:26   #13
Teelzebub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
you do realise that BS2 is DRM'd to hell and back?
I dont see what's that's got to do with what I was talking about is to give the game away as a gift through steam .
As I already got that one it says I can give bioshock 1 away and is a fully licenced full version of the game.

Old 21st Jan 2010, 00:33   #14
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
I was reffering to 2, STEAM, SECUROM, limited installs and GFWL.

ggwp there.
Old 21st Jan 2010, 12:27   #15
Teelzebub

Quote:

ggwp there.
Your right about the limited install though . I dont remember bioshock 1 having any thing to do with GFWL .
Odd thing though I just checked my steam and the free Bioshock 1 has disappeared will have to check that out !

Old 21st Jan 2010, 13:12   #16
cyrilthefish
Ultramodder

Quote:

ggwp there.
Theres been a lady from take 2 very active in the thread over here about it, which is a good sign.

Looks like steam just copied the retail specs without checking them.

Hopefully it'll turn out to be a mistake, but i'm holding off buying untill it's cleared up.

Steam/GFWL i don't mind at all.
But limited installs = no sale for me, i already got burned by that with spore (my copy was disabled 2 days after buying because i had tech problems so i can no longer *legally* play it)
Old 21st Jan 2010, 14:07   #17
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

what amazes me is the lengths they are going to protect what will undoubtidly be a very average consoletard game.
Old 21st Jan 2010, 15:26   #18
erratum1
Banned

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Well asked my daughter and my son and neither of them want it they reckon they'r to old for games wait tll they reach my age .
eeeek ! Your never too old.
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 06:54   #19
dinjo_jo
Multimodder

dinjo_jo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sad that the game has been leaked
dinjo_jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 10:24   #20
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

kingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
im not that sad its leaked.

I will however buy it for multiplayer (if its anygood)
kingred is offline   Reply With Quote