bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Jan 2010, 11:19   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Bethesda working on MMO similar to Warcraft

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...-to-warcraft/1

Bethesda has been revealed to have a new MMO project up it's sleeve according to court documents from the Interplay lawsuit.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2010, 11:39   #2
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
Exciting. They have always made very very good RPG titles and an MMO is a natural extension and a money spinner for a company like theirs with a good pedigree in the field.

2012 release likely though? If they haven't announced anything yet.

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2010, 11:45   #3
xaser04
Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.
Sounds good.
xaser04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2010, 11:48   #4
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.
If its 'very similar to World of Warcraft Online' I hope to god it isnt based on fallout!!

More than likely its going to be on the elder scrolls series, will it be able to gain a decent foothold in the market? The fan base is there but WOW seems to have that market almost entirely covered imo
13eightyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2010, 11:59   #5
Picarro
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium angel View Post
If its 'very similar to World of Warcraft Online' I hope to god it isnt based on fallout!!

More than likely its going to be on the elder scrolls series, will it be able to gain a decent foothold in the market? The fan base is there but WOW seems to have that market almost entirely covered imo
There will be a market for the people like me who feel that WoW has gone too "WTFBBQOWNAGE" and is becoming too easy. I stopped playing when even the greatest noob could own in the game. WoW has no learning curve. It's just Login -> Epics.
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 5gHz -:- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 -:- 2x4 gbCorsair Vengeance 1,5v 1600mHz -:- Gigabyte Windforce X3 GTX 670 -:- Crucial M4 128 gb -:- Samsung F3 Spinpoint 640 gb -:- Corsair H60 with 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 in push-pull -:- Corsair HX650 -:- Lian Li A05FN -:- Dell U2410 flanked by 2x Dell U2001FP -:- BenQ W1000+ -:-
Picarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2010, 12:35   #6
Aterius Gmork
/r/pcmasterrace

Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Not excited tbh, even though I'm probably the biggest Elderscrolls addict ever - 2000+h of Morrowind gametime.

"...very similar to World of Warcraft Online" most probably mean that there's no first person view and/or there is a leveling system similar to WoW. Both options are unwanted, Bethesda.
Old 21st Jan 2010, 12:46   #7
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi View Post
Exciting. They have always made very very good RPG titles and an MMO is a natural extension and a money spinner for a company like theirs with a good pedigree in the field.

2012 release likely though? If they haven't announced anything yet.
A lot of the ground work is already done from previous games, they already have lots of lore and quite a fleshed out world.

However, I'm not sure if I'd want to play an Elder Scrolls MMO. MMORPGs are completely different from normal RPGs. There's much less immersion into the game world and that's one of the main things that made Morrowind amazing IMO.

However, if they were to break away from the normal MMO systems that the majority of them use and go down a sort of EVE Online route of having a completely different gaming system, then that might be pretty interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2010, 13:20   #8
woodss
Yes Louis Wu

woodss has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Look forward to seeing if and what comes out of this
Old 21st Jan 2010, 13:48   #9
UrbanMarine
Government Prostitute

UrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the DremelUrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Must be a ES type MMO. Interplay still owns the FO MMO rights so no go there.
Old 21st Jan 2010, 14:17   #10
veato
I should be working

veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I hope its a Fallout MMO
Old 21st Jan 2010, 14:23   #11
freedom810
Supermodder

freedom810 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfreedom810 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Eldar scrolls cheesecake
freedom810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2010, 15:12   #12
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Been too long since an elder scrolls game was released. Lets hope it isn't like Oblivion world. 10 X 10 square of field with trees and copy and paste a few thousand times. A bit more variation would of been nice.

Lore is already there and if it played like morrowind/oblivion with a leveling system, it might actually work. Few changes like add special moves in combat and online PVP could actually work too. Would be better than the auto lock, get in range and spam of WoW's combat system since you would have to work in each battle.
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2010, 16:01   #13
sear

Elder Scrolls Online means I Don't Buy This One. **** MMOs, their monthly fees, their lack of immersion, their pointlessness, their awkward controls, their constant lag and server issues, their lack of story and progression, and most of all, **** all the idiots I am forced to engage with to play them.
Old 21st Jan 2010, 19:39   #14
mrbens
Supermodder

mrbens has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Would rather it be like Oblivion instead of Fallout 3, although I liked them both, I prefered Oblivion.
My SilverStone TJ07B PC: Haswell i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB | Seasonic X-Series 750W PSU | Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M225 128GB SSD | OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD
Sound: Epiphany Acoustics' E-DAC & O2 Heahphone Amp | Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amp | Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm Headphones (music) | Onkyo HT-S3305B AV Receiver + 5.1 speakers (movies)
mrbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2010, 20:09   #15
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by sear
Elder Scrolls Online means I Don't Buy This One. **** MMOs, their monthly fees, their lack of immersion, their pointlessness, their awkward controls, their constant lag and server issues, their lack of story and progression, and most of all, **** all the idiots I am forced to engage with to play them.
Sounds like you do not like the genre at all, that is fine. Enjoy the other 40% of the PC Games market, since 60% of it is going to be mmo, semi-mmo or episodic by 2012.
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2010, 22:08   #16
VaLkyR-Assassin
Multimodder

VaLkyR-Assassin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I hate MMOs, because they cost alot and I'm not really interested in a 3D version of msn messenger that games like WoW have become. This news would probably mean no new single player RPG for the Elder Scrolls, or a long delay, so thumbs down from me, as I'd rather have that.
VaLkyR-Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 09:37   #17
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
They will probably insist in TES engine. I hope they stick to TES MMO rather than Fallout. I still hope that interplay can make the FO MMO. Bethesda, imo, is not capable of making a good MMO. It's just like GURPS and D&D. They have the potential, but they lack the creativity.

They have the mechanics but not the "human side".
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 14:15   #18
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemerich
They have the mechanics but not the "human side".
The humans side in those games is provided by the humans, not everything has to be written down in the rulebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 15:08   #19
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
@ Veles:
That's exactly what I am talking about. But looks like you got the opposite way. They make EVERYTHING by the rulebook. They lack sense of humor and maturity. That's why their games are so plastic-like
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2010, 05:44   #20
Dragunover
Minimodder

Dragunover has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I doubt it will be TES style...

I would like to see a true Fallout MMO with rivaling factions and post-apocalyptic united states... would be nice, but then my idea for having 90%+ of interaction in such a game is rather pipe-dream..
However, as with any MMO, I'd probably end up playing it and calling it crap. Most MMO's baby-sit you and don't have any real risk values involved.
Dragunover is offline   Reply With Quote