bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Feb 2010, 11:07   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Gran Turismo 5 for Q4 2010 release?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...2010-release/1

A Sony spokesperson has hinted that GT5 may see a European release later this year and before Christmas.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 11:26   #2
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Gran Turismo: the Duke Nukem of racing games.

It's just another sign of Sony's increasing arrogance over the last few years. It's like they don't care, because whatever they do, people will buy it in droves.
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 11:31   #3
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
More chance of me becoming an overnight reviewing success.

It would be NICE to see it, but given the pedantic attitude the GT team have taken to just about everything, they'll probably be too busy mapping the individual pieces of gravel in every gravel trap, and its effect on each car they modelled.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 11:38   #4
stewis
What's a Dremel?

stewis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
maybe it will be a release game on the PS4 when ever they release that :P
stewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 11:55   #5
Stormwulf
A mod to far?

Stormwulf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Was hoping to get it for my 40th birthday this summer.

On the plus side,at least when this games actually released into the wild i'll be retired and have more time to play it!
Stormwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 12:34   #6
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
When the PS3 was launched I told myself I wouldn't buy one until GT5 came out. Still waiting...
sp4nky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 13:13   #7
xaser04
Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.
Ok, I am starting to think that we will see Forza 4 before we see GT5.

Hopefully it will be good enough to justify its stupidly long development time.
xaser04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 13:15   #8
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
why is it whenever there is news about gt5 people just bitch and whine, jesus **** people you'd moan more if it was released and buggy. its not like there are no other games out there to entertain yourselves until it released.

sheesh.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 13:21   #9
leveller
Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

leveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The problem it now faces is that it has been hyped to superstar status. Maybe it could be the title that dampens the franchise because there is no way it can live up to the time taken to develop it ...

I've started to wonder if it will be a PS4 launch title.
leveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 13:28   #10
SNIPERMikeUK
Multimodder

SNIPERMikeUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I thought after the recent demo, the game seriously needed better camera angles, the cockpit felt static, I love GT and am thinking another year on we will need to see something more than the demo offers...
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 13:30   #11
xaser04
Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith
why is it whenever there is news about gt5 people just bitch and whine, jesus **** people you'd moan more if it was released and buggy. its not like there are no other games out there to entertain yourselves until it released.

sheesh.
The 'moaning' probably stems from the fact that GT5 was supposed to be launched around when the PS3 was first launched.

Here we are 3/4 years later and no GT5.

In that time we have seen TWO Forza games both pushing the bar higher and higher for GT5 to clear.
xaser04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 13:49   #12
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
Damn, I just traded Prologue assuming 5 would be out in march At least i still have Forza I suppose.

Oh well hopefully when it comes out the engine performance will have benefitted from a bit of extra time as GT academy showed slowdown and that was with graphics pared back over prologue, it definitely stillneeds work to match the likes of Forzas engine performance, still it was a better drive than Forza is particularly with the wheel.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 15:16   #13
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

shigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysis
im waiting on this before really considering buying PS3. the delays are making me lose the taste for this, doesnt feel like itll ever be out. a few months ago this was slated for christmass 2009 release now its slipped another year

wonder how many of the cars will be out of date by the time this is out
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 16:42   #14
TurtlePerson2
Multimodder

TurtlePerson2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot

It's just another sign of Sony's increasing arrogance over the last few years. It's like they don't care, because whatever they do, people will buy it in droves.
If people will buy it no matter what, then why not release it now?

I agree with the earlier blog that said the game can't match up to GRiD and they're going back to the drawing board.
TurtlePerson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 16:45   #15
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot View Post

maybe they do care and know their game wasn't up to today's standards and therefore wanted to make sure it would be instead of releasing something they would get bad publicity from. Japanese are proud... Sony couldn't be any more Japanese (if that makes any sense)

It's not like Polyphony was working on 10 projects at the same time. They've been working on one project.. they need to get it right
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 16:46   #16
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtlePerson2 View Post
I agree with the earlier blog that said the game can't match up to GRiD and they're going back to the drawing board.
please tell me you are taking the piss with that statement?! no really!
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 16:53   #17
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtlePerson2 View Post
please tell me you are taking the piss with that statement?! no really!
Grid is by far the best racing game for me, although i don't own any consoles so i cant comment on them :P
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 17:17   #18
Farfalho
Supermodder

Farfalho has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Sony Europe's James Armstrong, the head of the Portugese wing of the company, has hinted in an interview that the game may still see a 2010 debut.
It's actually Portuguese or has it changed? I'm picking on it because I am one x)

Like Ghys said, they need to get it right... Said once before and I'll say it again, the time Polyphony has put in every GT game gets bigger with every new game. The time frame between GT1 to GT2 is less than GT2 to GT3 and that applies to GT3 to GT4. I have the outmost respect for the Team and Kazunori Yamauchi - the creator. The GT franchise grows bigger with every year and the today's technology had made great improvements to games and maybe just maybe they're making use of it in GT5.

Jokes like Duke Nukem are okay, it helps to digest the delay but complaining and **tching all the time when a delay comes out... You're acting like women xD

Make us wait but make the game worthwhile is what we should ask for.
Farfalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 19:06   #19
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.
words its all just words
13eightyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 19:46   #20
mikeuk2004
What you Looking at Fool!

mikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeuk2004 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If the game is not finished, then its not finished. You people moan as if you have the right to play it now. You have no such right, so wait like the rest of us or stop moaning.

If I was making a game, I wouldnt let anyone know about it until it hit the shelves.